The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

How do you Unlink your account?

mdhroddie78
So i am getting nowhere with the verification email, so how do i unlink my gamertag so i can start again?
  • stickmenz
    stickmenz
    I am also trying to unlink a gamertag; I believe the wrong PSN account was open/active while I was trying to link ESO.... I've sent several emails to ESO support but nothing...
  • oXb3
    oXb3
    ✭✭✭
    So i am getting nowhere with the verification email, so how do i unlink my gamertag so i can start again?
    stickmenz wrote: »
    I am also trying to unlink a gamertag; I believe the wrong PSN account was open/active while I was trying to link ESO.... I've sent several emails to ESO support but nothing...

You must go to elderscrollsonline.com then at the top left you will see account. Click that and then you will login using your ESO account information from there you can unlink your gamertags. :smile: if you have any more questions, please reply to this thread. I hope everything works out for you!

P.S. make sure you check all of the inboxes in your email account. Spam ect.
    Edited by oXb3 on June 10, 2015 4:41AM
    Elder Scrolls is my second home.
    Xbox One/Steam: oXb3
    twitter
  • mdhroddie78
    it does not show any linked account, all it says is you can link and unlink your account at anytime but does not tell you how?
  • stickmenz
    stickmenz
    You can unlink it, however it is still "linked" with PSN accounts... So looks like a buggy implementation...

Also on the ESO faq it states:

https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/ps4accountfaq
    Players should navigate to the PlayStation Support website at https://support.us.playstation.com/ and contact the Sony team for any issues related to: ESOTU / Playstation Plus Account account linking/delinking

Thank you trying to assist us though.
  • mdhroddie78
    that doesn't help as i have a xbox one, hence the reason for posting in the xbox section. thanks for trying
  • GODMODE
    GODMODE
    that doesn't help as i have a xbox one, hence the reason for posting in the xbox section. thanks for trying

click on your xbox live gamertag on the right side after you log in and the next option should be to unlink your account. if you don't see anything there then try linking it again from the console.
  • mdhroddie78
    theres nothing there, trust me. i need to have a new verification email sent, you request one from the console but it never appears
  • GODMODE
    GODMODE
    theres nothing there, trust me. i need to have a new verification email sent, you request one from the console but it never appears

that's probably why you dont see it then. you could go and check to make sure the email is correct on your account. i would also check junkmail maybe but i know i didnt get it in junk on live.com but maybe your email host is different. i know they use some weird view for gmail hat separates them based on the type of email.

edit: actually i didnt get an email when linking my account. i had an account here from when i applied for beta (never got in) but it never sent a verification email when linking. try creating an account on the main site first and then link that account to your gamertag once you do the email verification.
    Edited by GODMODE on June 10, 2015 9:26PM
  • mdhroddie78
    The problem is i cannot unlink my xbox gt, when i sign into the game it says my account has not been verified, press x to resend to which the email never arrives. Theres no point creating a new account because my gt is already linked
  • oXb3
    oXb3
    ✭✭✭
    Here is a picture of the screen you need to be on to unlink your gamertag.

Elder Scrolls is my second home.
    Xbox One/Steam: oXb3
    twitter
  • mdhroddie78
    theres only so many ways i can say that its not there, this issue must be related to the beta as that when i linked my account.
  • NWO_Krieg
    NWO_Krieg
    Would be cool, if this works for some BETA users. I never received a verification mail when I created the ESO account for the BETA. The ESO account I created for the BETA didn't exist anymore. (There is no ESO account with the email address I used)
  • kkmogan
    kkmogan
    Soul Shriven
    I unlinked my account, but says i can't log in because it is still connected. It is not. I was on the wrong gamer tag when i linked it, and got an email to come here. .. i see no help. .. was on the phone 2 hours and got disconnected. I'm extremely mad. No way should i spend almost 70 dollars and recieve little to no help and i can't even play my game. Discouraging. I just want to be able to play my game.
  • NWO_Krieg
    NWO_Krieg
    Where did you find a support phone number for ESO?
  • stickmenz
    stickmenz
    I'm still having this issue as well
  • mdhroddie78
    unfortunately i'm at work when their offices are open
    https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/7654