Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

About to roll DK on xbox, advice please. :)

legitring
legitring
I played PC version I quit though. I’m rolling a DK on xbox now and im leaning more towards s&b tank dps magicka. Can’t decide which race Imperial or Dunmer :/ Kind of like this build.

http://deltiasgaming.com/2015/04/05/laceration-dragonknight-leveling-build/#25
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    For the linked build a dunmer is better. Imperial is better for tank builds and not so much for dps. For dps builds it is in my opinion either dunmer for magica builds or redguard for stamina builds.

Tank and dps are imo bad hybrids if you go for a magica build.
    Magica is good for spell-dps and heals.
    Stamina is good for weapon-dps and blocks.

So to achieve your goal you would need a magica/stamina hybrid. This is a bad plan cause each point invested in stamina, is not invested in magica and vice versa. So overall you will be weak.

So if you want to go tank and dps, then you should go full on stamina and no magica. For that Nords are best for tank-purposes. Redguard for stamina based dps and imperial for stamina dps/tank hybrid.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ranique wrote: »
    For that Nords are best for tank-purposes. Redguard for stamina based dps and imperial for stamina dps/tank hybrid.
    How are Nords a better tanking race than Impeials? o.O
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rosveen wrote: »
    Ranique wrote: »
    For that Nords are best for tank-purposes. Redguard for stamina based dps and imperial for stamina dps/tank hybrid.
    How are Nords a better tanking race than Impeials? o.O

I never said that Nords are better tanks.. I explained the options.

A Nord is better at tanking then imperials. But imperials deal better dps while tanking. As both are good enough tanks, the additional dps is making imperials better tanks for practical purposes, but Nords are more build for tanking. Slight difference in words ;)
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    legitring wrote: »
    I played PC version I quit though. I’m rolling a DK on xbox now and im leaning more towards s&b tank dps magicka. Can’t decide which race Imperial or Dunmer :/ Kind of like this build.

http://deltiasgaming.com/2015/04/05/laceration-dragonknight-leveling-build/#25

Are you leaning towards tank OR dps?

Really you should choose one or the other if you're looking that closely at races. If you want to be both a tank and dps then you'll be mediocre at both and race really won't matter anyhow.

DPS - dunmer
    Tank - Imperial
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]