The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Why Does ESO Plus Not Cover Consoles As Well?

Cristiano
Cristiano
✭✭✭
Unless I am mistaken, having a ESO Plus subscription on the PC has no effect on a linked console account - you have to purchase a second ESO Plus sub, even though it is the same account and same game. This seems rather stupid to me. I mean, I know Zenimax is trying to make money, but it seems like double dipping to me.
  • SLy_Kyti
    SLy_Kyti
    ✭✭✭✭
    Since you are playing on two different servers, you get to pay twice. I respectfully suggest you choose one, and enjoy.
    Master Crafter: Almost all motifs
    GM~ Blades of Old Tamriel NA/AD
    Member~ NZAD
    Member~ Blades of Vengeance NA/AD
    -Tamriel College -Amazing Deals of Nirn-
  • Qyrk
    Qyrk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought this was general knowledge. After character transfers, they are not the same anymore and would each require their ESO plus membership accounts. Their allotted crowns are not even shared anymore.
  • Naivefanboi
    Naivefanboi
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is doublebdipping but its a nice service to have at all. So. I agree but think its worth the cost considering you could have been playing since pc launch.
  • Cristiano
    Cristiano
    ✭✭✭
    Qyrk wrote: »
    I thought this was general knowledge. After character transfers, they are not the same anymore and would each require their ESO plus membership accounts. Their allotted crowns are not even shared anymore.

I knew that they were no longer linked, though they are tied to the same account (you link your XBOX account to your PC one). Given how little value the ESO Plus memberships already have it would have been a nice perk to have at least had the subscription carry over.
  • Nyghthowler
    Nyghthowler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cristiano wrote: »
    Qyrk wrote: »

I knew that they were no longer linked, though they are tied to the same account (you link your XBOX account to your PC one). Given how little value the ESO Plus memberships already have it would have been a nice perk to have at least had the subscription carry over.

Well, if you feel it has so little value, why are you complaining because it isn't cross linked? They have made it blatantly clear that once character copy is achieved the two accounts go their separate ways; including crowns not transferring over.
    I'm not prejudiced; I hate everyone equally !
  • Cristiano
    Cristiano
    ✭✭✭

Well, if you feel it has so little value, why are you complaining because it isn't cross linked? They have made it blatantly clear that once character copy is achieved the two accounts go their separate ways; including crowns not transferring over.

Other games manage to offer cross platform subscriptions, such as Final Fantasy XIV. I know they made it blatantly clear, it doesn't mean one can't be critical of that decision.
  • Nyghthowler
    Nyghthowler
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Other games manage to offer cross platform subscriptions, such as Final Fantasy XIV. I know they made it blatantly clear, it doesn't mean one can't be critical of that decision.

FFXIV isn't B2P, it still requires a sub. With this, beyond your initial purchase you don't have to spend a dime.
  • Cristiano
    Cristiano
    ✭✭✭
    I know it is a sub game. My point is that they certainly could have handled it cross platform.
  • Nyghthowler
    Nyghthowler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And make what money by doing so?
    I pre-purchased and pay for the +account. So I should have a second account for free...that's basically what you're wanting.
  • Cristiano
    Cristiano
    ✭✭✭
    Congrats, I paid for the pre-order as well. Actually, what I wanted was the flexibility to play on either platform without being double dipped on the ESO Plus sub, that's all.
  • Deheart
    Deheart
    ✭✭✭
    I pre-purchased and pay for the +account. So I should have a second account for free...that's basically what you're wanting.

LOL

I think that is the whole point, why should there be a 2nd account? It should just be one account that is accessed from different systems.

I would have loved the ability to keep my guilds and friends and still play on ps4 with controller support.

As a casual player I was satisfied that at one point I had a char max level and near max crafting with almost all motifs and I pretty much lost interest. Then ESO discovered DLC's and now my main is just a wanabe and I am happily pulled back into the game.
  • StaticWax
    StaticWax
    ✭✭✭✭
    FFXIV was able to get Sony to do this because it is a PS exclusive game.
    I wish nothing but joy for everyone.
  • Nyghthowler
    Nyghthowler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deheart wrote: »

LOL

I think that is the whole point, why should there be a 2nd account? It should just be one account that is accessed from different systems.

I would have loved the ability to keep my guilds and friends and still play on ps4 with controller support.

Because the whole damned game is FREE after the purchase price. What funds do you expect them to use to make new content/fixes/requested blah blah blah with if you can just get multiple accounts for free because you purchased one copy???
    If you put aside your entitlement glasses you might understand this. I would like to have multiple accounts because I have a + account. But I'm grown up enough to understand it isn't gonna happen. Why? Because they have to make money somehow.
  • snackrat
    snackrat
    ✭✭✭
    Sub fees are primarily to maintain servers and support staff. If you are across two platforms, you are using two different servers, and dealing with two different teams of platform-specific support staff. Sounds fair to me.

The games are completely separate from PC to console. They've allowed the console to copy your PC data, but beyond that, no relation. What you're asking for is two games for one, even though both are already free.
  • gunplummer
    gunplummer
    ✭✭✭
    I heard they're having that maintenance guy Walter from Megaton City handle both PC and Xbox servers to save money since he works for scrap metal until they can find a replacement once Fallout 4 hits. Could just be a rumor though you know how reliable the internet is...
  • Cristiano
    Cristiano
    ✭✭✭

LOL

Because the whole damned game is FREE after the purchase price. What funds do you expect them to use to make new content/fixes/requested blah blah blah with if you can just get multiple accounts for free because you purchased one copy???
    If you put aside your entitlement glasses you might understand this. I would like to have multiple accounts because I have a + account. But I'm grown up enough to understand it isn't gonna happen. Why? Because they have to make money somehow.

You are getting really defensive over this. It's really silly. I bought two copies of it as well. I'm not asking for a free account - it is not like i'm playing the accounts simultaneously. I'm not sure why you're taking it all so personally or somehow think you are so enlightened on the topic, but get over yourself.
  • coryevans_3b14_ESO
    coryevans_3b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

LOL

You are getting really defensive over this. It's really silly. I bought two copies of it as well. I'm not asking for a free account - it is not like i'm playing the accounts simultaneously. I'm not sure why you're taking it all so personally or somehow think you are so enlightened on the topic, but get over yourself.

Because people who want something for nothing tend to irritate folks a bit. The more you know :)
  • Valymer
    Valymer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

LOL

Because people who want something for nothing tend to irritate folks a bit. The more you know :)

As opposed to how it is now, where you get next to nothing for something?
  • Deceptive_Yoshi
    Deceptive_Yoshi
    ✭✭✭
    It'd be nice to maybe have an option that would cover all platforms at a slightly higher price. Such as $20 a month for 2 platforms and $25 for 3 maybe.
  • coryevans_3b14_ESO
    coryevans_3b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It'd be nice to maybe have an option that would cover all platforms at a slightly higher price. Such as $20 a month for 2 platforms and $25 for 3 maybe.

That sir is a solid idea. I'd do that.
  • Cristiano
    Cristiano
    ✭✭✭

I'm not asking for something for nothing - I'm already paying for a sub, and bought two copies of the game. It would just have been nice to have it cover both versions, hell even a discounted second subscription would be nice. It's not ZOMG I WANT STUFF FOR FREE. That's just stupid.
  • Cristiano
    Cristiano
    ✭✭✭

Yes, even something like this would be an improvement.
  • DurzoBlint13
    DurzoBlint13
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can you even buy a Plus membership if you are on ps4 only? I thought it was for PC/MAC only and not consoles. It does not even give me an option to purchase it in the store. It says "you are not eligible for this product". But I see everyone talking about memberships on xbox and ps4. What am I missing? Can you get the Plus membership if you are not on PC/MAC? If so, how?
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you even buy a Plus membership if you are on ps4 only? I thought it was for PC/MAC only and not consoles. It does not even give me an option to purchase it in the store. It says "you are not eligible for this product". But I see everyone talking about memberships on xbox and ps4. What am I missing? Can you get the Plus membership if you are not on PC/MAC? If so, how?
    ESO Plus membership on console is bought directly from the XBL Marketplace/PSN Store.
    This is a nice idea. Not sure if it would work though, since ESO Plus on console is tied to your XBL Gamertag/PSN ID rather than your ESOTU account.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp