Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Lag from TS

phatbandit
phatbandit
✭✭✭
im asking this here, because it's impossible to get help directly from TS.

sometimes my TS just stops, someone is talking and it cuts out for a while (all lights in TS are dark), it starts again when someone else starts talking - but when it does i hear both the first person and second talking at the same time (first person is lagged, second is live)

i have noticed when this happens i alt-tab to TS and mute my own mic, i get the voice telling me my mic is muted - but the TS window does not show it. i do not know much about TS, but i am guessing that the TS window is displaying server, and the voice 'mic muted' comes from my own PC (different source, thus the voice acknowledgement works, but server-side doesn't)

i can only guess this is either due to:
TS program
TS server
my ISP

this only really became a problem a month or so ago

any clues that may help me?
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First guess: You dont have eno bandwith from your ISP to support ESO and TS.
    Second guess: You dont have enough RAM in your machine for ESO and TS.
    Third guess: Your TS had an update and now your installation is corrupted, so you need to reinstall TS.
    Fourth guess: Your drivers for your mike need to be uninstalled and reinstalled.
    Fifth guess: You have a virus and need your machine cleaned.

Best suggestion, take your PC to your local PC shop and get ready to pay thru the nose for hours of troubleshooting.
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make any recent changes to your firewall settings?

Try a clean boot and only have the game and TS running and see how it goes. You might have installed some software that is giving TS fits.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"