The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Roleplaying Guild <<Ishura>> Looking To Find Someone For High Officer Position!

Haytham_Of_Ishura
Hey everyone,

This is my first post in a long time, so be gentle, hehe. :) My guild, <<Ishura>>, is a Redguard influenced and motivated guild (Daggerfall Covenant faction) that has a history that spans multiple MMOs. It was started in 2004 (when WoW first came out) by myself, and that same year I met folks that I would be playing MMOs with for the next 11 years. Those folks make the majority of the officer core of <<Ishura>> today, and we carry that tradition with us. We create a family like atmosphere and environment together, and are slowing working on bringing some of our senior members back into MMOs.

What Is Our Guild About?
To give you a brief breakdown, Ishura in ESO RPs as a society, or at the very least a highly organized and hierarchical tribe. It is Alliance War neutral and can care less about the struggles of Kings. There are bigger problems at hand, like ensuring enough water is available for Ishurans in the heat of the Alik'r or dealing with that one Daedric Prince who seems to be causing a ruckus everywhere. Ishura is its own and answers to nobody. Almost like nomads. There are various divisions in Ishura and each has a division head who sits on the High Council that advises and guides the Lord in his duties.

The guild's stated goals are its own preservation and the pursuit of justice.

THE HIGH JUDIC OF ISHURA
We are currently looking for an officer who would manage the 'Royal Ishuran Judiciary.' The name of the position is called "High Judic." Ishura has many, many laws that must be interpreted, and the laws are actually used to solve any disputes that arise between Ishurans in game as well as guide the day to day management and activities of the guild. We have laws concerning everything from the High Council's recording of notes to War. Judics function just like real common law judges in the United States: they have the ability to write opinions that influence how future disputes concerning the same laws are adjudicated. Moreover, Judics are considered neutral and highly respectable in Ishuran society, and thus, there's that positive and desirable image. The High Judic is basically in charge of the judiciary and will control how trials are heard, what other Judics wear (uniforms), how the cases are reported, and how Ishuran can get justice.

The High Judic of Ishura will also sit on the High Council.

Type Of Character We're Looking For
Ideally, we're looking for a book smart and even tempered character who knows how to keep their cool in tricky situations. We are also ideally looking for someone with good judgment. A High Judic should be someone who shares a genuine interest in the preservation of peace and the pursuit of justice. Any race is acceptable so long as they are part of the Daggerfall Covenant; that requirement is for logistics purposes only, though we would prefer a Redguard (but it isn't required).

INTERESTED?
If you're interested or want to know more, feel free to respond to this thread! I know this is rather brief, but last thing I want to do is write a novel (it's early!). :)

Thanks for your time and for reading this!
Haytham of Ishura, Son of Sufyan, House Bayan
Lord of the Noble House Ishura - {ISHURA} Heavy-RP Guild
ESO North America Server
http://realmofishura.com
  • Kulaan_Doskad_Hadroz
    This sounds rather interesting to me, however; I'm not sure if I would be able to reliable as I am not always free.

Anyways, give me the lowdown of the job sometime.

You can message me here or in game at @n1nja2na.

Thanks!

~Kulaan
    Though war may tear us apart, love for each other will bring us back together as an overwhelming force. ~Kulaan Doskad-Hadroz, Loredas , the 12th of Evening Star, 2E 582
  • Haytham_Of_Ishura
    Kulaan,

Thanks so much for the response! Don't worry about availability or reliability. No matter how much we love ESO, it's still a game. Real life takes priority. In the [boring] real world, I'm an Attorney and, for fun, a pilot. ESO is a stress reliever so no worries! Play when you can and how you want. The only thing we ask for is enthusiasm for the position and a reasonable effort to play. Nothing more, nothing less.

What Is Ishura?
    Long story short, a Yokudan by the name of Ishura got fed up with the path his people were taking. He detested the wars and the politics, although he was a very respected warrior. He split from his people with a few of his companions and offered mercy and refuge to all those who asked for it. Over time, and over many generations, laws evolved, the society of Ishura evolved and eventually became what it is today.

What is the Role of High Judic?
    If you go to our website, http://peopleofishura.com, you will see a menu on the left. Please don't mind the mess - I'm still trying to configure it. Click on "Library of Ishura," and then, in the center, you will see a link to "The Library of Law." The Preamble and Books I and II are uploaded for you to view. There are, to date, a total of 12 Books of Ishuran Law. Almost all are drafted, and all I need to do is format them and place them onto the website.

As High Judic, you will be required to have a deep understanding of the laws. You are also going to be responsible for essentially setting up the Ishuran Justice System, with help from the Royal House of Ishura (Lord, Lady, High Council, etc.). You will have to create a way for Ishurans to resolve their disputes according to the laws and how records of each dispute are preserved. You will need to be able to categorize cases and develop something called "precedents," which, legally speaking, are examples from cases on how laws should be interpreted.

To date, there is no Book of Ishuran Law concerning the Royal Ishuran Judiciary. That is a task that the High Judic would need to finish. For example, the High Judic can draft a code saying that if two Ishurans have a dispute, any one of them can petition a Judic and ask the Judic to hear the dispute fairly and make a judgment. It can be like a full on adversarial court trial or a mediation -- it's completely up to you.

My leadership style is to allow officers a high degree of flexibility. Everything done in game gets translated into the new lore we are preparing for the guild's ESO revival. Thus, you have the opportunity to really make your mark on the Guild's history.

It would be great to speak with you in game and continue our chat.

Based on the above, what do you think about the position?
    ESO North America Server
  • Haytham_Of_Ishura
    Edit: I've installed a Library Index on the left side of the page for easier navigation. :)
    Edited by Haytham_Of_Ishura on June 7, 2015 9:40PM
    ESO North America Server
  • lord_mido
    lord_mido
    Soul Shriven
    Hi, what platform are you on?
  • kylerhoop94_ESO
    Hello Haytham! My name is Azsharand in game ( feel free to call me that or Kyler ). I read your whole post and am very interested in talking to you more! I have a very extensive amount of both Officer and Guild leading experience. However, I am new-ish to the RP community but I love it. Its so creative and entertaining.
    I'm not sure what the best way to talk for you would be, but leave a reply here when you can. WE can talk in game or even over a different form of communication.
    Thank you,
    Azsharand
  • Haytham_Of_Ishura
    lord_mido wrote: »
    Hi, what platform are you on?

Hi Mido!

We're on PC/Mac!
    ESO North America Server
  • Haytham_Of_Ishura
    Hello Haytham! My name is Azsharand in game ( feel free to call me that or Kyler ). I read your whole post and am very interested in talking to you more! I have a very extensive amount of both Officer and Guild leading experience. However, I am new-ish to the RP community but I love it. Its so creative and entertaining.
    I'm not sure what the best way to talk for you would be, but leave a reply here when you can. WE can talk in game or even over a different form of communication.
    Thank you,
    Azsharand

Hi Azsharand,

Thanks so much for your reply! Definitely touch base with me in game. We've just filled the position last night, but we're still open to new high quality membership.

Definitely send me a tell when you can!
    ESO North America Server
  • Haytham_Of_Ishura
    Thank you,
    Azsharand

If you're still interested, shoot me a message in name @nomadicinstinct. :) Would love to chat with you. Looks like our current selection had a chance of heart, which happens.
    ESO North America Server
  • kylerhoop94_ESO
    Thank you,
    Azsharand

If you're still interested, shoot me a message in name @nomadicinstinct. :) Would love to chat with you. Looks like our current selection had a chance of heart, which happens.

Hello again! It seems that user name is not valid :/ Can you message me by chance?? I wont be in game for a few days due to some things. But would still love to talk!
  • Haytham_Of_Ishura
    Thank you,
    Azsharand

Hello again! It seems that user name is not valid :/ Can you message me by chance?? I wont be in game for a few days due to some things. But would still love to talk!

No worries! You mean my forum username? It's @Haytham_Of_Ishura -- I unfortunately don't have the permissions to message you. Try sending me one.

ESO North America Server
  • kylerhoop94_ESO
    Thank you,
    Azsharand

No worries! You mean my forum username? It's @Haytham_Of_Ishura -- I unfortunately don't have the permissions to message you. Try sending me one.

It is giving me the same error for some reason :/ Hm.... Do you have a "gaming" email by chance or skype?

• Haytham_Of_Ishura
    Thank you,
    Azsharand

It is giving me the same error for some reason :/ Hm.... Do you have a "gaming" email by chance or skype?

I'm in the process of making one. In the mean time, why don't you sign up with our forums at peopleofishura.com/forum and we can PM there if you like? :)
    ESO North America Server
  • kylerhoop94_ESO
    Thank you,
    Azsharand

I'm in the process of making one. In the mean time, why don't you sign up with our forums at peopleofishura.com/forum and we can PM there if you like? :)

Alright =) Done!