Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Add-on Chest Finder

qsnoopyjr
qsnoopyjr
✭✭✭✭
Hello,

So I noticed that chest spawns are always in same locations.
Can someone link me to a chest finder add-on, one that shows location of chests, maybe even perhaps dig locations.
  • Ayantir
    Ayantir
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can use HarvestMaps and importe a savedvar file from another person.
    Obsessive Compulsive Elder Scrolls addons Coder
    A Few millions downloads of ESO addons now.
    Master crafter on my main char since release. All tradeskills, recipes \o/, researchs (since long), 35 styles known
    My little french Guild: Cercle de l'Eveil
  • qsnoopyjr
    qsnoopyjr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ayantir wrote: »
    You can use HarvestMaps and importe a savedvar file from another person.

Use a what what?
    import a savevar? how do I do that? and from another person?

So such a thing as a chest location exist addon?
    Same thing with a dirt mound location addon?

For a second I was thinking maybe nothing exists like this to the public.
    Only available as a private addon and have to be friends with certain people type of thing.

I don't run the skyshard addon, and I have no problems finding skyshards.
    Havent really tried to find all the lorebooks yet, but I doubt I'll need an addon to help me with that too.

But a CHEST? YEAH I'll use an addon for that, theres nothing in game that hints chest locations.
    But a DIGABLE DIRT MOUND? YEAH I'll use an addon for that, theres nothing in game that hints digable dirt mound locations.

I have noticed all chest locations don't change. Like the location outside the refuge in daggerfall, always in same spot, I have no idea on the timer though.
    As for digable dirt mounds? I heard someplace in cyrodil, dirt mound is always in the same spot.
    So if dirt mounds and chests are in same spot... Makes sense to make an addon to show the chest and dirt mound locations doesn't it?

Is there such an Addon?
    I didn't really think so,
    seems as if some players have advantages over other players due to such addons.
    That or the developers make the addons but as for a chest or burial mound, oooh they would never make that kind of addon.

Lorebooks and Skyshards, no one competes for those, so its totally acceptable to release an addon that helps others find those... But a Chest and Dirt Mound location addon... People compete for those and fight over those. Heaven forbid an addon like that is public.. Only select few people in a circle have that addon.
    Edited by qsnoopyjr on June 5, 2015 12:40AM
  • Ayantir
    Ayantir
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you mean dirt mounds being tresure chest from tresure maps, you should use LostTreasure Addon. It was released more than a year ago.

It's not a private addon and has 250k downloads from its initial release

http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info561-LostTreasure.html

HarvestMap just collect all locations of your discoveries you gather, plants, stone, runes, and chest, this addon was released more than a year ago.

It's not a private addon and has 750k downloads from its initial release

http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info57-HarvestMapEsoheadMarkers.html

If you want to merge from a saved data of another player, you can read the comments section of the addon or use HarvestMerge (another addon).

Stop being paranoid, the few "private" addons are those made by devs who don't want to maintain because they don't want to handle feature request and random bugs and feature request and random bugs and feature request and random bugs and feature requests ..

We are only providing some toys to help the community enhance its playtime

If you think some people abuse with some irrelevant help that we could provide, just submit a ZOS ticket, they'll listen
    Edited by Ayantir on June 5, 2015 1:48AM
    Master crafter on my main char since release. All tradeskills, recipes \o/, researchs (since long), 35 styles known
  • qsnoopyjr
    qsnoopyjr
    ✭✭✭✭
    No the lost treasure addon doesn't show you the diggable dirt mounds.
    It does show the survey and treasure locations.
    But diggable dirt mounds.. Like the ones you find in Cyrodiil that anyone can dig up..
    This add on and none of the public add ons show the locations of dirt mounds in Cyrodiil.

Those add ons have to be private and shared only amoung friends.
    I'm telling you there is add ons out there that nobody shares because those are the actual good add ons..
    Yes its unfair.
  • Ayantir
    Ayantir
    ✭✭✭✭
    What are those diggable dirt mound in cyrodiil ?

The only ones I know here are those from treasure maps and they're in LostTreasure.
    I'm often in Cyro, i've did all quests here, but never seen that kind of stuff

Are they're interesting tospend some time in ?
  • MasterWizzard
    MasterWizzard
    Soul Shriven
    Are your guys serious,???

First people are complaining that there's too much " hand holding" in games these days and games are to linear
    Then that every time there's a Huge arrow in games pointing you where to go and that there's no more exploring in games
    So you can find out things for yourself

And what do you want ,?
    You are,exactly asking for this huge red arrow to point you where to go

I just don't understand anymore
    Go out , explore and you will find your chests , ya it takes a little more effort than just follow a huge arrow pointing the way
  • qsnoopyjr
    qsnoopyjr
    ✭✭✭✭

First people are complaining that there's too much " hand holding" in games these days and games are to linear
    Then that every time there's a Huge arrow in games pointing you where to go and that there's no more exploring in games

And what do you want ,?

Go out , explore and you will find your chests , ya it takes a little more effort than just follow a huge arrow pointing the way

If there is add-ons for skyshards..
    Add-on for bosses
    Add-on for treasure maps
    Add-on for lore books
    All handholding stuff especially skyshard, and lorebook add-ons that several people use..

Do not be surprised if there is an add-on that is not available to the public that shows treasure chest locations and dirt mounds.
    Treasure chest, lock boxes, and dirt mounds are all in static locations too just like lorebooks and skyshards.
    Do not be surprised if such add-ons are private and only available to select group of friends, giving them the advantage over others and others cannot do anything about it.
    Edited by qsnoopyjr on June 29, 2015 9:32PM
  • Divinius
    Divinius
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And what do you want ,?

Standard pointless argument where you compare two different groups of people as though they were the same. Some people want everything handed to them, others want nothing handed to them. Addons allow both groups to be happy. Please stop derailing the thread.

qsnoopyjr wrote: »
    Do not be surprised if there is an add-on that is not available to the public that shows treasure chest locations and dirt mounds.
    Treasure chest, lock boxes, and dirt mounds are all in static locations too just like lorebooks and skyshards.
    Do not be surprised if such add-ons are private and only available to select group of friends, giving them the advantage over others and others cannot do anything about it.
    I honestly have absolutely no idea what you are talking about when you say "dirt mounds in Cyrodiil"...

The only "dirt mounds" that I know of are the ones that appear when you have a treasure map in your inventory, and as Ayantir has said twice now, the "LostTreasure" addon will point you to them.

Are you saying there some other "dirt mounds" that appear?

Also, I've always been able to very easily find any addon I wanted for locating things in game. There's addons for everything you can find, all of which are freely available for anyone to download and use. I don't know where you are getting these ideas that people are somehow trying to hide things from you.

If there are some new "dirt mounds" that I'm not aware of, I'm sure a public addon will be created soon, if there isn't one already. If there's not an addon for it, it probably isn't some huge conspiracy to hide the info, it's probably that very few people actually even know the things exist (I sure don't.)

{edited for typos}
    Edited by Divinius on June 30, 2015 5:29PM
  • Meier
    Meier
    Ayantir wrote: »
    If you mean dirt mounds being tresure chest from tresure maps, you should use LostTreasure Addon. It was released more than a year ago.

It's not a private addon and has 250k downloads from its initial release

http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info561-LostTreasure.html

HarvestMap just collect all locations of your discoveries you gather, plants, stone, runes, and chest, this addon was released more than a year ago.

It's not a private addon and has 750k downloads from its initial release

http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info57-HarvestMapEsoheadMarkers.html

If you want to merge from a saved data of another player, you can read the comments section of the addon or use HarvestMerge (another addon).

Thank you , Ayantir.

"The hate of men will pass, and dictators die, and the power they took from the people will return to the people. And so long as men die, liberty will never perish......
    Soldiers! don’t give yourselves to brutes - men who despise you - enslave you - who regiment your lives - tell you what to do - what to think and what to feel! Who drill you - diet you - treat you like cattle, use you as cannon fodder. Don’t give yourselves to these unnatural men - machine men with machine minds and machine hearts! You are not machines! You are not cattle! You are men! You have the love of humanity in your hearts! You don’t hate! Only the unloved hate - the unloved and the unnatural! Soldiers! Don’t fight for slavery! Fight for liberty!
    In the 17th Chapter of St Luke it is written: “the Kingdom of God is within man” - not one man nor a group of men, but in all men! In you! You, the people have the power - the power to create machines. The power to create happiness! You, the people, have the power to make this life free and beautiful, to make this life a wonderful adventure.
    Then - in the name of democracy - let us use that power - let us all unite. Let us fight for a new world - a decent world that will give men a chance to work - that will give youth a future and old age a security. By the promise of these things, brutes have risen to power. But they lie! They do not fulfil that promise. They never will!
    Dictators free themselves but they enslave the people! Now let us fight to fulfil that promise! Let us fight to free the world - to do away with national barriers - to do away with greed, with hate and intolerance. Let us fight for a world of reason, a world where science and progress will lead to all men’s happiness. Soldiers! in the name of democracy, let us all unite!"
  • LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really wish we had some of these built into the game on xbox so it marks on your map when you discover things. You could turn it on and off if you choose to do so. I would like to have my skyshards, lorebooks, found treasure chests, harvest nodes and mini map to show up. So tired of googling a million times.....
    Some things should have been in the game already and not left to pc players to make mods. I played pc until transfer to xbox and I can say that some mods are really unfair between pc and console not having any.
  • Reorx_Holybeard
    Reorx_Holybeard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Divinius wrote: »

And what do you want ,?

Standard pointless argument where you compare two different groups of people as though they were the same. Some people want everything handed to them, others want nothing handed to them. Addons allow both groups to be happy. Please stop derailing the thread.

qsnoopyjr wrote: »
    I honestly have absolutely no idea what you are talking about when you say "dirt mounds in Cyrodiil"...

The only "dirt mounds" that I know of are the ones that appear when you have a treasure map in your inventory, and as Ayantir has said twice now, the "LostTreasure" addon will point you to them.

There is at least one "dirt mound" in Cyrodiil where there's a couple of NPCs burying a treasure. You kill them and activate the mound to reveal a chest. It should be found in HarvestMap as a chest location.

I'm not aware of any other such event involving a dirt mound outside of Cyrodiil except all the treasure map location which are handled by LostTreasure. There are random world events that involve a NPC looting a chest but that is also handling fine by HarvestMap.

Reorx Holybeard -- NA/PC
    Founder/Admin of www.uesp.net -- UESP ESO Guilds
    Creator of the "Best" ESO Build Editor
    I'm on a quest to build the world's toughest USB drive!