Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Will Research Times be reduced through Crown Store purchases???

Robbmrp
Robbmrp
✭✭✭✭✭
Hello @ZOS_GinaBruno, @ZOS_JessicaFolsom,

At this point in time, are there any plans to put Crafting Research Time reductions(of any kind) in the Crown Store? The reason I ask is, Riding Skills have been added which was a time sink for players the same as Research Times. Since ESO Plus includes a 10% reduction to Research Times I am hoping that your answer will be NO.

I've had to spend a lot of time working to complete all the traits in the game. Other's that want the same crafting ability should have to put in the time for it and not buy a "convenience" upgrade....

Thank you for your time and help.
NA Server - Kildair
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am neck deep in Nirn now, and for the most part it is the 9th trait, so that's 27 days for each thing. I don't think we should get a way to reduce the research times.

But, give us another passive that allows 4 items to be researched at once, and I won't complain about that.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    +1 for me. While there is nothing hard about learning traits, it still took dedication to acquire all the traited items and quite a few late night/early mornings to avoid research down time. No amount of crowns should be able to change that mechanic.

BTW @Nestor, congrats on Ambassador status!
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • smacx250
    smacx250
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm, kind of like horse training? I think "research assistants" may be on their way to the crown store! 750 crowns - "Hire a research assistant to research an additional trait for you!"
  • Ayantir
    Ayantir
    ✭✭✭✭
    there are already one, it's called ESO+

-10% research time. 23d for the 9th research.

I'm here since release and I'm at 15d to finish all reasearch of all items of all crafts.
    Obsessive Compulsive Elder Scrolls addons Coder
    A Few millions downloads of ESO addons now.
    Master crafter on my main char since release. All tradeskills, recipes \o/, researchs (since long), 35 styles known
    My little french Guild: Cercle de l'Eveil
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    smacx250 wrote: »
    Hmmm, kind of like horse training? I think "research assistants" may be on their way to the crown store! 750 crowns - "Hire a research assistant to research an additional trait for you!"

I sure hope not, but anythings possible for a buck....
    NA Server - Kildair
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ayantir wrote: »
    there are already one, it's called ESO+

-10% research time. 23d for the 9th research.

I'm here since release and I'm at 15d to finish all reasearch of all items of all crafts.

When I que'd up my 9th items, I was starting at 27 days on the 9th item with the 4th Passive that limits the max to 30 days, and ESO Plus. It will be several more days before I can que up another one.

Edited by Nestor on June 4, 2015 10:49PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    I am neck deep in Nirn now, and for the most part it is the 9th trait, so that's 27 days for each thing. I don't think we should get a way to reduce the research times.

But, give us another passive that allows 4 items to be researched at once, and I won't complain about that.

This. I also want to clarify I would mean an in game passive. It's hard work and I'm proud of how far I've come. I don't want to see it for sale.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Remember that 40 page Crown Store Wish List thread that was started back in January? I'm going to quote it below, relevant part in bold.
    Hello everyone!

As part of Update 6, we are introducing the Crown Store: an in-game store where you can purchase customization and convenience items. The store offers consumables you can use to save time on in-game activities (like experience and crafting boosters, for example) along with new customization options including costumes, exotic pets, and mounts. When the Crown Store launches, we’ll have a number of items available immediately, but what about the future? Tell us what sorts of goods and services you would like to see offered in the Crown Store – you can be as general or specific as you’d like.

You can view some of the planned Crown Store items at the following link, beginning at 23:59 http://www.twitch.tv/zenimaxonlinestudios/v/3711373

We look forward to reading your ideas and feedback!

I wouldn't rule out crafting research boosters coming to a crown store near you sometime in the future, based on this.
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've got 8 traits on everything, now, and am working on 9, but I say BRING 'EM ON. I can't believe people actually defend these horribly boring time sinks! Now that we have the 5-10 year 3600 CP grind, why do we need OTHER time sinks?
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I hope they won't be reduced.

I spent time planning which traits to research first, tracking down items through guild stores and guild mates to meet those requirements and finally just in waiting for the blasted things to complete.

To sell a booster to bypass that is to, again, devalue those crafters who actually put effort into their crafters.

Please. Azura. No.
  • Garwulf
    Garwulf
    ✭✭✭
    After a year of researching, I have a character that can craft everything. Alchemy, Enchanting, blackmithing, etc etc. Doing nine traits in metal, wood, leather/cloth was the biggest grind. At the end of it all I can make all craftable sets, most of which are useless. When I started the reseach way back in April 2014 I was expecting much more than what we ended up with in this game. With dwindling numbers, it is a shock to see another character in Vet level zones.I am at the stage where I do not care if they even sell VR14 characters fully specced out .
    In a game where there was so much promise and the potential to make lots of money for a smart developer whilst giving back to the consumer, it is disappointing to see where we have ended up.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    I am neck deep in Nirn now.

Sigh......I don't even have one yet. And for all my dweomer delving I have found about .... 12 dweomer scrap.

The RNG gods have not blessed me that way. :'(

Yet ;)
    Edited by newtinmpls on June 7, 2015 10:42PM
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't think it matters much. Crafting research was never important to anyone except completionists. Everyone can craft the exact same stuff with very little effort, which makes crafting completely unrewarding and useless.

It's been 14 months since launch and the crafting system still hasn't been updated to fit endgame players. The community gave you tons of ideas, from crafting diagrams to in-depth changes to the research system, yet we have seen nothing.

I've been done with nirnhoned research for 7 weeks now and this is definitely one of the most worthless accomplishments of my gaming history.

Great job @ZOS.
    Edited by Gyudan on June 7, 2015 10:34PM
    Wololo.
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Slurg wrote: »
    Remember that 40 page Crown Store Wish List thread that was started back in January? I'm going to quote it below, relevant part in bold.
    Hello everyone!

As part of Update 6, we are introducing the Crown Store: an in-game store where you can purchase customization and convenience items. The store offers consumables you can use to save time on in-game activities (like experience and crafting boosters, for example) along with new customization options including costumes, exotic pets, and mounts. When the Crown Store launches, we’ll have a number of items available immediately, but what about the future? Tell us what sorts of goods and services you would like to see offered in the Crown Store – you can be as general or specific as you’d like.

You can view some of the planned Crown Store items at the following link, beginning at 23:59 http://www.twitch.tv/zenimaxonlinestudios/v/3711373

I wouldn't rule out crafting research boosters coming to a crown store near you sometime in the future, based on this.

I don't doubt the possibility, or even the probability, of research boosters in the crown store. But I have to ask, if that happens, what's next? Will alliance points be for sale? What about collectible items? If convenience is the criteria to be added to the crown store, selling collectibles certainly qualifies. They can be decidedly inconvenient to snag, and with bad RNG are a huge time sink. Are they going to sell stacks of mats, raw or refined? After all, it's not convenient and takes time to farm mats. Once things like research boosters are for sale, where does the line get drawn?
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • RazzPitazz
    RazzPitazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ourorboros wrote: »
    Hello everyone!

I don't doubt the possibility, or even the probability, of research boosters in the crown store. But I have to ask, if that happens, what's next? Will alliance points be for sale? What about collectible items? If convenience is the criteria to be added to the crown store, selling collectibles certainly qualifies. They can be decidedly inconvenient to snag, and with bad RNG are a huge time sink. Are they going to sell stacks of mats, raw or refined? After all, it's not convenient and takes time to farm mats. Once things like research boosters are for sale, where does the line get drawn?
    Bag and Bank space will be after research shortcuts.
    PC NA
    VR1 - Jar'eed - Khajiit Dragon Knight - AD
    VR1 - Broad Tail - Argonian Templar - EP
    All-Star Crafter Guild
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ourorboros wrote: »
    Hello everyone!

Bag and Bank space will be after research shortcuts.

Bag and Bank space will be in there for sure. I hope Research reductions NEVER are....
    NA Server - Kildair