The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)

Todays Featured

crowfl56
crowfl56
✭✭✭✭✭
Well geee thanks again ZOS, lets just hand mount speed, cap, and stam to the new players

Come on I spent months leveling up my mounts and u just hand it to the people crying that it takes to long to level,

(insert obscene word) here.

Just another slap in the face to your long time players.
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can't please all the people all the time...

We long term players DID get the extra bonus of being able to train 3 separate horses with three separate stats at the same time prior to their consolidating riding skills, which was a nice "bonus" for me as it let me max out my stats in basically 1/3 of the time it takes new players.

So, on balance it seems pretty fair. Besides, they DO have to BUY these upgrades with crowns, which means more $$ for development, no?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1000 Crowns for 10 points, 180 points needed for full upgrade, so 18,000 crowns or a years worth of Crown Allocation with a Sub. I don't think this is going to be a huge factor in anyone's horse training.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Takllin
    Takllin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meh, there are far bigger things to gripe about than mount speed...it's trivial.
    Jadokis - AD Redguard DK v16 AR 18
    Jàsènn - AD Orc Templar 47 AR 10
    Jessèn - AD Dunmer DK v16 AR 9 - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade

Tekllin - AD Altmer Sorcerer v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
    Tekklin - AD Bosmer Nightblade v16 AR 12 (Ret.)
    Jasenn - DC Imperial Templar v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
    Jasènn - DC Orc Sorcerer v16 AR 15 (Ret.)
  • crowfl56
    crowfl56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was maxed before the bonus along with many of the players that have stayed on from the beginning, this is just coming from people whinning about how long it takes waa waaa waaa.
  • Maotti
    Maotti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good job Zos! Could you also release the XP Ambrosia out of the blue aswell? Soon(TM) please, :)
    PC EU
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    At that cost, it makes me fear for the prices of the DLC when we finally get some.
    Lag is ruinin' my 'mershun!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance - Socrates
    Member of the Old Guard, keepers of the game's history

PC/NA
  • mwsacto_ESO
    mwsacto_ESO
    ✭✭
    I have a sub. Not worried about DLC prices :)
  • Naivefanboi
    Naivefanboi
    ✭✭✭✭

We long term players DID get the extra bonus of being able to train 3 separate horses with three separate stats at the same time prior to their consolidating riding skills, which was a nice "bonus" for me as it let me max out my stats in basically 1/3 of the time it takes new players.

So, on balance it seems pretty fair. Besides, they DO have to BUY these upgrades with crowns, which means more $$ for development, no?

Lol yea didn't the crown store mean more $$ for development??? Hows that goen? Lol
  • BigM
    BigM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exactly why I won't spend another penny on this game.
    “The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking
  • JamilaRaj
    JamilaRaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, but development of what?
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    1000 Crowns for 10 points, 180 points needed for full upgrade, so 18,000 crowns or a years worth of Crown Allocation with a Sub. I don't think this is going to be a huge factor in anyone's horse training.

Yea this lol especially for us Aussies 5000 crowns is 50 dollars for us so just shy of 200 dollars to max 1 mount is a no thank you. :D

I thought the training was going to be something like 5000 crowns to max all stats lol even that is still 50 dollars for 1 mount.
  • TheSunAlsoRises
    TheSunAlsoRises
    ✭✭✭
    crowfl56 wrote: »
    I was maxed before the bonus along with many of the players that have stayed on from the beginning, this is just coming from people whinning about how long it takes waa waaa waaa.

yeah i got maxed in the first 50 days. came back to see they added 10 more. got to 60 in the next 10. i was disappointed they didn't put flames on the side of my mount at 60.
    No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xendyn wrote: »
    At that cost, it makes me fear for the prices of the DLC when we finally get some.

I am worried about this as well.

The crown store prices have been a bit evil. Two months worth of paid subscription for a flaming horse skin? Same for a black panther mount skin which of course everyone wants? Four months of paid sub for Imperial motif or Dwemer motifs?

Yeah, just a bit evil. :p

I fear one DLC, whatever it is, may require 6 months of paid sub or more.

Imperial City for example, which is a small and short-lived thrill as far as actual content goes, will probably go for 10,000 crowns at this rate.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Xendyn wrote: »

I am worried about this as well.

The crown store prices have been a bit evil. Two months worth of paid subscription for a flaming horse skin? Same for a black panther mount skin which of course everyone wants? Four months of paid sub for Imperial motif or Dwemer motifs?

Yeah, just a bit evil. :p

I fear one DLC, whatever it is, may require 6 months of paid sub or more.

Imperial City for example, which is a small and short-lived thrill as far as actual content goes, will probably go for 10,000 crowns at this rate.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Aye. If any new content has replayability (which most of the content to this point does not) it might be worth buying. Otherwise, it would be better to rent it (sub), play it and unsub again till next DLC release.
    Lag is ruinin' my 'mershun!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance - Socrates
    Member of the Old Guard, keepers of the game's history

PC/NA
  • rynth
    rynth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well geee thanks again ZOS, lets just hand mount speed, cap, and stam to the new players

Come on I spent months leveling up my mounts and u just hand it to the people crying that it takes to long to level,

No it isn't a slap in the face but your statement and mine are both opinions, if that is how you choose to view things then well guess you won't be here much longer. Cause guess what if you take offense to this, then just about anything to they add to help casual gamers and those that want to lvl quickly to compete with others that have been here is going to offend you. As to the price has it ever occurred to anyone that the price is set so that people like "YOU" wont go and cry about how it is cheap and easy to level something up and it being a slap in your face for some reason because actions like this hurt you and your game play. That more then likely the DLC's like most DLC's are probably going to be about twenty dollars since that is the norm for most of them.

And I may be going out on a limb here but I would say that a lot of your casual gamers that join now or in the future will have the money to pay for a quicker way to lvl their character up and start earning higher end gear and such. That this is not a new concept or even an evil one. This is a business and an MMO and you have to try and cater to all types of players.
    Edited by rynth on June 4, 2015 8:50PM
    When asked what he would do for a Klondike bar. Grand Moff Tarkin said "why I would blow up Alderaan."
  • Bouvin
    Bouvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Me too.

And it didn't cost me $134 to max out a mount on a single character either.

If new players wanna drop that cash to max out mounts, power to them. Hopefully this means more development dollars!
  • Craven_Killmore
    Craven_Killmore
    ✭✭✭

Bouvin wrote: »
    Hopefully this means more development dollars!

lets not kid ourselves, a year+ track record says otherwise.
    Edited by Craven_Killmore on June 4, 2015 9:20PM