Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The Shattered and the Lost - Final Boss 'The Lost One' help

Saddiq
Saddiq
✭✭✭
Encountering a weird issue here. I'm duoing with my partner the final boss in this quest. She's a tank and I'm a healer, but for this fight we figured out a trick where if I can get on the columns in the back, I'm safe from the frost atronarchs and can 1v1 DPS her down staying on the columns the whole time--while my tank partner just survives the brutality of 6 abnormally buffed atronarchs far away from me and the Lost One.

The only problem is, even though I've got her down to 0 health twice, the Lost One and the fight immediately reset--she warps back to her starting position, and we get no credit for the kill.

My theory is that she appears to do some dying animation when below 10% health that's theatrically related to the apex stone in the middle of the room, and by forcing her to fight me up on the columns, when she initiates this dying animation but the stone is nowhere nearby and she's 10 ft off the ground with me, I'm creating some weird situation where it forces her to reset. Maybe this theory's hocus, but I can't figure out why she reset once killed twice with no credit given for the kill. I do know she resets if I jump behind the columns and step into the water, which is only a couple meters from where I've killed her twice.

We tried twice to have me bring her down to the apex stone and kill her there once she got to 10% health, but unfortunately both times me jumping off the column was enough to bring the atros down on me, and I pretty much instantly die.

The inter webs has only one video on youtube about this fight and otherwise I can find no guides on how to beat her or on whether anyone else has encountered this reset issue when she dies or comes close to dying. Advice and opinions on taking her out, and maybe even on the mechanics of the column we're trying? The column fight isn't necessary (I assume) when you've got 4 against her--but then that would be a relatively easy fight. But going only 2 against her, the only way I can survive the atro adds is to be up on the columns out of the reach of the air and frost atros.

Advice/tips/walkthroughs on this fight please!
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not done this one myself, but it could be related to the fact you are on the columns, as enemies usually reset if you can hit them but they can't hit you.

The other thing to note is that this boss fight is designed for 4 VR11 players, so unless you're near VR14 and/or are very good at playing your builds, it will be very hard for two players simply by design.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp