Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

They should add cloaks!

Seaclean
Seaclean
First of all: I have NO idea where to put this suggestion thread, as they seem to have no suggestion forums...

Secondly: Cloaks! They look bloody awesome (and perhaps even more so with the engine ESO runs on), and it's adding another item slot to the character tab, so why not?

What's your opinion on this? Sound off, since they claim to listen to ALL the feedback. :) If enough people support this idea, they may implement it in the future!
Edited by Seaclean on May 5, 2014 3:58PM
  • Morthur
    Morthur
    ✭✭✭
    Edited by Morthur on January 19, 2015 5:38PM
  • Alpha_Protocol
    Alpha_Protocol
    ✭✭✭
    I just want my shield to remain visible when I mount.
  • GreySix
    GreySix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cloaks are hazardous, as they get caught up in giant Dwemer air intake impellers.
    Crotchety Old Man Guild

"Hey you, get off my lawn!"
  • frwinters_ESO
    frwinters_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    There have never been cloaks in Elder Scrolls and there never will be. EVER!
  • NombreDeLaBeast

maybe in the gameplay sections but there are many instances in game art where the people are wearing cloaks.

i am all for cloaks...not capes, but drape over your shoulders cloaks. and some leather hoods or chain mail hoods (so medium and heavy can have hooded characters while sticking to their chosen armor set.)

• Brakebeater
    Brakebeater
    Soul Shriven
    They can add cloaks as a new slot as well as backpacks. They should at least make it possible as an add-on or Mod. In Skyrim the best mods were "Cloaks of Skyrim", "Winter is Coming", and "Bandolier-Bags & Pouches". Those three, especially WiC completely changed the players look cosmetically for the better and made travelling in cold or rainy weather so much more realistic. The BBP mod was awesome for showing a more real battle style pack for the era and added pack space as well. Any kind of capes, cloaks or hoods should be possible considering they are probably the easiest form of clothing to make.
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Only if when I toggle them off it hides the bedsheet youre wearing, too.
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Also didnt like any of those mods. Bloated my install and made it run like hell(tried them as a recommendation against my better judgment )

Never been a fan of immersion mods though.
  • Liquid_Time
    Liquid_Time
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. Cloaks. Yes.
    ¸.•¨)
    ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•`
    Liquid_Time'*-.¸.-•-.¸_¸.-•-.¸_¸.-•-.¸_¸.-•-.¸_¸.-•-.¸_¸.-••¤
    ╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
       IGN: Liquid Past || Rank: V14 || Class: Nightblade || World Skill: Vampire
    ╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════╝
  • Seaclean
    Seaclean
    This is still a thing.
  • PKMN12
    PKMN12
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You need to pay attention to statues, NPCs, and even Certain armors then......Seriously there have been capes in the game since ARENA!
  • ThePonzzz
    ThePonzzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ya'll need Talos in yo life.
  • PKMN12
    PKMN12
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ThePonzzz wrote: »

Pretty sure Talos is not even ALIVE at this point in the timeline.
  • ThePonzzz
    ThePonzzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PKMN12 wrote: »
    ThePonzzz wrote: »

Pretty sure Talos is not even ALIVE at this point in the timeline.

Yeah, but he had a cloak.
  • Sentinel
    Sentinel
    ✭✭✭✭
    That actually would be amazing to have implemented. Especially if misc. slots were put in as well as packs. It'd add to the element of being an adventurer. I hope they can look into implementing this.
  • Snowstrider
    Snowstrider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree 100% with you :) its such a shame that ESo a MMO in 2014 dont have much customization and people claim that eso cant handle it if they added themI dont see why not. They dont have to be perfect,i would like them even if they had the same details as tabards,Eso players wouldnt not be mad if they kinda look bad sometimes,we already have somewhat bad armors and stuff like that
  • Snowstrider
    Snowstrider
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That argument is horrible. Just becouse something isnt in past TES games doesnt mean they wont add it in eso,They already added alot of stuff that isnt in past TES games,Its an MMO dude.
  • Carraig
    Carraig
    ✭✭✭
    This discussion has been held before and it will probably be held a few times more in the future;

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/1228470/#Comment_1228470

I stick to my feedback in the linked post.

edit: grammar correction
    Edited by Carraig on April 7, 2015 9:52AM
    Knight-Captain of the Tamriel's Elite Sentinels ( EU server-PC)
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something is more important than fear. The brave may not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all."
  • KraziJoe
    KraziJoe
    ✭✭✭
    I'd rather have a cape.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There were cloaks in ESO back in beta but they removed them and I doubt they bring them back anytime soon. I cannot recall the reason for their removal.
  • gard
    gard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seaclean wrote: »
    First of all: I have NO idea where to put this suggestion thread, as they seem to have no suggestion forums...

Secondly: Cloaks! They look bloody awesome (and perhaps even more so with the engine ESO runs on), and it's adding another item slot to the character tab, so why not?

What's your opinion on this? Sound off, since they claim to listen to ALL the feedback. :) If enough people support this idea, they may implement it in the future!

Just shoot me now
    My wife complains that I never listen to her. (Or something like that.)
    -- I'm a one man smurf zerg!

My ESO addons:
    Midnight - Find out when midnight is so that you can check for ww/vamp spawn.
    Goto - Adds a tab to the map pane allowing you to teleport to a friend, guildmate, or groupmate for free.
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Ok, first off, in closed beta for ESO there were cloaks but they were killing frame rate in Cyrodiil then I believe Mr. Sage came out and said NO cloaks anymore (not gonna bother looking this carp up) there are closed beta or maybe its alpha screen shots available that show ESO chars with cloaks and tons of action bars plus a mini map too... google it
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • sirston
    sirston
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UH how many threads are we going to have with this subject and no response about it or a denial
    673.gif
    Whitestakes Revenge
    WoodElf Mag-Warden
    Sirston
    Magickia Dragonknight

T0XIC
    Pride Of The Pact
    Vehemence
    The Crimson Order

victoria aut mors
  • gard
    gard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nimander99 wrote: »

Ok, first off, in closed beta for ESO there were cloaks but they were killing frame rate in Cyrodiil then I believe Mr. Sage came out and said NO cloaks anymore (not gonna bother looking this carp up) there are closed beta or maybe its alpha screen shots available that show ESO chars with cloaks and tons of action bars plus a mini map too... google it

Cloaks were a bug. They fixed it. LOL

My ESO addons:
    Goto - Adds a tab to the map pane allowing you to teleport to a friend, guildmate, or groupmate for free.
  • MCMancub
    MCMancub
    ✭✭✭✭
    There were cloaks in beta but they were removed because they impacted performance.

EDIT: There's this thing called a search feature. It's really cool. It let's you see if this exact thread has been made 10,000 times before.
    Edited by MCMancub on June 2, 2015 7:16PM
  • gard
    gard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MCMancub wrote: »
    There were cloaks in beta but they were removed because they impacted performance.

EDIT: There's this thing called a search feature. It's really cool. It let's you see if this exact thread has been made 10,000 times before.

Probably does not bode well for large scale pvp

My ESO addons:
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The. Horse. Is. Faking. It! ;):tongue::smirk:
    take a look at th eold TES:Arena and TES:Daggerfall someday, cloaks everywhere. Only when they switched to 3d-ish grafics with TES:Morrowind did the cloaks vanish as being a bit too iffy...

As for ESO... yeah, it would be cool, and yeah, it is highly unlikely due to lag-induction reasons if they do them right, and clipping issues if they don't...
  • Romo
    Romo
    ✭✭✭✭
    No. Just no.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Romo wrote: »
    No. Just no.

Could not have said it better. No worries. It is not happening, at least not anytime soon