Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I've accidentally bugged "The Walking Darkness" near the end of quest, I need help :(

gratuitousvioletsb16_ESO
So I was near the end (I think) of The Walking Darkness quest in Bangkorai when a friend said he was trying to get to me, I went outside thinking that I'd more or less done with the NPCs but it's locked me out of the church where I was supposed to wait and watch the NPCs do something/say something/whatever. Now I don't know what to do. I've re-logged but it's not working and the option to walk into the church is greyed out so I can't get back in.

Is there a fix to this? I really don't want to abandon and re-do it as this one took me AGES, those skeletons can be a bit brutal...

Please say someone else out there knows how to fix?

I appreciate any responses... :)
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure what to suggest... did you kill the end-quest boss? If so, all that remains is the wrap-up scene which should play out no matter where you are.
    What you could try is logging off for fifteen minutes to allow the area to soft-reset, but if that doesn't work, I think the only option would be to abandon the quest and start it over...
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • gratuitousvioletsb16_ESO
    I haven't killed the end boss as far as I know. I'm heading back there later to see if it's fixed but I doubt it. I sent a bug report but didn't get any feedback or notification if they had a fix or whatever. I really don't want to abandon this, it was a pain to do. I died numerous times.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's your current objective on the quest? We may be able to work something out from that, but I think it's unlikely. There's a three-step process to fixing a bugged quest, with abandoning it being the final phase.
    1. /reloadui - if the door prompt is not working, maybe it's literally the prompt in the UI that's broken
    2. Log off for fifteen minutes - as above, this causes the area to soft-reset. But because a quest is still in progress, it won't soft-reset the area completely.
    3. Abandon the quest - this resets the components of the quest. You may also want to log off for fifteen minutes after abandoning to allow the area to do a soft-reset as well.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • gratuitousvioletsb16_ESO
    I abandoned the quest. Now I can't remember where I got it. LOL
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are several quests in the game where if you leave early, getting back in is a pain. However there is almost always another door besides the main door you initially went into to get back into the quest. For example, I ran out of bag space in Camlorn and left, but I had to go the long way around the fort to get back into the city.

Anyway, talk to the NPC outside the graveyard to get the quest again

http://teso.mmorpg-life.com/quests/the-waking-darkness/
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"