The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Goodbye, PC-ESO

AdamBourke
AdamBourke
✭✭✭✭✭
Well, I've just logged out of ESO on PC for the last time. The next time I enter Tamriel will be on the PS4. I'm a little nervous about some of the differences in communication methods - but overall, I'm looking forwards to it.

To those who have fought for the Pact alongside me, and worthy enemies who will not be transferring - I wish you luck in your future exploits. And to those who are also transferring... I'll see you on consoles!

Goodbye, PC...

Adam (Orran-Ka)
PS4 - EU

Please put the Eyevea/EarthForge wayshrines back on the map?
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    See you there!
  • Kalifas
    Kalifas
    ✭✭✭
    You will be back as many others. The grass is always greener on the other side until you get there and realize the gods of nirn have kept the truth hidden from you. You sense the power you dish out should be more than you are doing but it is hidden. You can only see the surface of objects and not the systems inside them. You want to research libraries in game but the word is gone, only speech in stories can give you anything.

/lol
    An Avid fan of Elder Scrolls Online. Check out my Concepts Repository!
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Take care. I'm out too, headed to Xbox
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll be there on PS4 occasionally but PC is my main system for this game. Always will be.
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • Zazaaji
    Zazaaji
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kind of early, aren't you all? The game doesn't come out for another 9 days.

I've already stopped playing the PC version though, but for a completely unrelated matter. My main gaming PC got in a fire, destroyed it. I've been out of ESO waiting for the XB1 version for over a month now. :/

If it still worked, I'd be on the PC version until the console came out though, I'm sure.
    -
    Edited by Zazaaji on May 31, 2015 11:47PM
    English is not my first language, Finnish is.
    Please don't heap on me for grammar problems.
  • AdamBourke
    AdamBourke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zazaaji wrote: »

-

True, but the character copy is tomorrow...
    PS4 - EU

Please put the Eyevea/EarthForge wayshrines back on the map?
  • Zazaaji
    Zazaaji
    ✭✭✭✭
    AdamBourke wrote: »

-

Yes, but I'd still rather progress on PC during those 9 days if I was able to. Better than no ESO at all in my opinion, even if that progress doesn't carry over to console. :p
    -
    Edited by Zazaaji on May 31, 2015 11:50PM
  • tplink3r1
    tplink3r1
    ✭✭✭✭✭

-

Its just a copy, your character wont be deleted from PC.
    Edited by tplink3r1 on May 31, 2015 11:52PM
    VR16 Templar
    VR3 Sorcerer
  • Valymer
    Valymer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I request that this thread be locked per the forum rules on goodbye threads
  • Zazaaji
    Zazaaji
    ✭✭✭✭
    Valymer wrote: »
    That's what the report button is for on the first post, if you feel it should be locked/deleted/whatever.

Also, the rule for goodbye threads only (I think) applies to people leaving ESO entirely, usually out of "rage quit". No one here is leaving ESO entirely, just the PC version.
    -
    Edited by Zazaaji on May 31, 2015 11:56PM
  • Moonscythe
    Moonscythe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I checked all my characters and made screen shots of their inventory...what? No, I'm not paranoid, just cautious. I won't be back on the Mac to play at all. I have been waiting almost a year for it to reach the Xbox I will not return to what I had. On the other hand, since they are going to be gone anyway, I may delete one and play with the character generator. It's a girl thing, I guess, but I enjoy it.
    Scura di Notte - Altmer Nightblade (gear)
    Lalin del Sombra - Bosmer Sorcerer (alchemy/enchanting)
    Angevin Sarkany - Bosmer Dragonknight
    Alkemene Velothi - Dunmer Warden (Morrowind)
    Sanna yos'Phalen - Altmer Sorcerer (provisioning)
    Cosima di Mattina -Altmer Sorcerer
    Naria Andrano - Dunmer Templar
    Luca della Serata - Redguard Templar
  • StaticWax
    StaticWax
    ✭✭✭✭
    See you at console launch, Bourke!

tumblr_m4jpejfk341rpn7e8o1_500.jpg

I wish nothing but joy for everyone.
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    i'm probly gonna play on both but i have way more friends on ps4 than pc apparently we still in an age where pc for gaming is this ludicrous concept as my friends act when they hear its a pc game.
  • BigM
    BigM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It shouldn't be goodbye unless of course you are going to pull one of those exploding PC's on utube. :smiley:
    “The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moonscythe wrote: »
    I checked all my characters and made screen shots of their inventory...what? No, I'm not paranoid, just cautious. I won't be back on the Mac to play at all. I have been waiting almost a year for it to reach the Xbox I will not return to what I had. On the other hand, since they are going to be gone anyway, I may delete one and play with the character generator. It's a girl thing, I guess, but I enjoy it.

Smart. Hmm I'll just be surprised as I can still log in after release to see if something's weird but as of now I'm blindly trusting Zenimax as I have for over a year on this copy thing

It's kinda surreal as there was a point up until March where so didn't think it would release on time.
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on June 1, 2015 1:39AM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can I have your stuff on PC? Heh.
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • retyler3_ESO
    retyler3_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Gidorick wrote: »

LOL! Nice.
  • Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ...Say hello to the world of COD voicechat kiddies.
    POST EQVITEM SEDET ATRA CVRA
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
  • Hawk269
    Hawk269
    ✭✭✭
    I am going to Console (Xbox One) along with my Wife. We may still play the PC version on occasion, but most of our time will be on the Xbox One for this game. So for me it is not an entirely goodbye, but more of a "see you on occasion" type of thing.
  • Deheart
    Deheart
    ✭✭✭

??????

This is not a rage quit, this is not even a simple quit, this is a, -I am playing the same exact game except on a different server and platform and I still like and play ESO but I am saying goodbye to the people who are not switching with me-.

Edit-- by the way, I thought account copy is on the 1st, but the actual game won't be active till the 9th?

And for those still confused the account is copied, not transferred. You will have a pc account, and a console account soon.

Don't forget to cancel all the guild bank sales you have if you want to sell them on console, those won't be copied since the items are on the bank system and not your account bank system.
    Edited by Deheart on June 1, 2015 4:09AM
    As a casual player I was satisfied that at one point I had a char max level and near max crafting with almost all motifs and I pretty much lost interest. Then ESO discovered DLC's and now my main is just a wanabe and I am happily pulled back into the game.
  • Valymer
    Valymer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deheart wrote: »

??????

This is not a rage quit, this is not even a simple quit, this is a, -I am playing the same exact game except on a different server and platform and I still like and play ESO but I am saying goodbye to the people who are not switching with me-.

Edit-- by the way, I thought account copy is on the 1st, but the actual game won't be active till the 9th?

And for those still confused the account is copied, not transferred. You will have a pc account, and a console account soon.

Don't forget to cancel all the guild bank sales you have if you want to sell them on console, those won't be copied since the items are on the bank system and not your account bank system.

Doesn't matter it has the word goodbye in it thus making it a goodbye thread and it should be locked
  • Raash
    Raash
    ✭✭✭✭
    Deheart wrote: »

??????

Doesn't matter it has the word goodbye in it thus making it a goodbye thread and it should be locked

I agree, goodbye-threads are not allowed.
  • Yukian
    Yukian
    ✭✭✭
    To the ps4!
    blood_for_the_pact_by_mullinsthegreat-d687xok.png
    Edited by Yukian on June 1, 2015 5:22AM
    PSN- Caleo95
    Devout follower of Sithis
  • Earelith
    Earelith
    ✭✭✭
    Gidorick wrote: »

haha I was reading the replies and was thinking "no one said can I have your stuff??"..and then I see your post lol, you beat me to it. But anyways, I ll be on PS4 too :) (and you too hehe).
  • BloodStorm
    BloodStorm
    ✭✭✭
    I am Vampire_Noble on PSN. Rerolling a Templar healer for new experience on console and meeting players. I play EP also. Add me if you need healer for dungeons sometime if I am not busy.I can Dps if need also of course.
    Edited by BloodStorm on June 1, 2015 6:03AM
  • wrlifeboil
    wrlifeboil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really, there is no point in playing the PC character for anyone who is planning to go all in on console except to kill time.

I wonder how of of a die off there will be on the PC megaserver? I think it will show up in the guild stores first as a gradual reduction in the total number of sales.
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I've just logged out of ESO on PC for the last time. The next time I enter Tamriel will be on the PS4. I'm a little nervous about some of the differences in communication methods - but overall, I'm looking forwards to it.
    Why did you switch to a technically less capable platform to play this game on?
    Edited by KerinKor on June 1, 2015 6:39AM
  • Zazaaji
    Zazaaji
    ✭✭✭✭
    KerinKor wrote: »
    EDIT: Nevermind, I'm not even saying what I previously said here. It's just not worth it to get into that again.
    -
    Edited by Zazaaji on June 1, 2015 6:44AM
  • Ojustaboo
    Ojustaboo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Are people really going to be posting crap like this in every console thread in the coming months?

• drschplatt
    drschplatt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ojustaboo wrote: »

Are people really going to be posting crap like this in every console thread in the coming months?

Only people playing on systems more powerful than consoles, I imagine. It's still kind of a jerky thing to say though, isn't it? I'm a bit bummed at the number of people we'll be losing to the consoles. I had really hopped that all the platforms would have been able to play on the same server together. Oh well, see you all around!
    Foräois - Imperial Sorcerer of Ineptitude.
    Widoch - Nord Dragon Knight of Ignorance.
    Billy Bob - Dunmer Templar of Chicken and Noodles.
    Blades of Vengeance
This discussion has been closed.