The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Would You Like Cross-faction PVE To Be Added

granty2008cyb16_ESO
Would You Like Cross-faction PVE To Be Added

so that you can play with your friends in other factions without having to roll a alt
Edited by granty2008cyb16_ESO on May 31, 2015 7:30PM
Meh!

Would You Like Cross-faction PVE To Be Added 37 votes

Yes
78%
MorbashParadoxPsychobunniMercyKillingpWn3d_1337AH93AimoraDanikatEnodocgranty2008cyb16_ESOJitterbugBenegontengriMivrynaOceloLynx100PelemaneLadievThunderItsRejectz 29 votes
No ( Please explain why )
18%
NewBlacksmurfBigMSamadhiapterousAhPook_Is_HerelovESOngEarelith 7 votes
Not Bothered
2%
Yakidafi 1 vote
  • AH93
    AH93
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No because th game design is at war.
    No because we can pick any race for any faction (if you upgrade)
    No because it would make PvP pointless

Yes, if only for VR dungeons for the daily stuff via grouping tools only
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Psychobunni
    Psychobunni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Be prepared @granty2008cyb16_ESO for "it's against the lore" (even though its not) and "mah immersion" (debatable)

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/171982/eso-should-allow-for-cross-faction-pve-dungeons/p1
    If options weren't necessary, and everyone played the same way, no one would use addons. Fix the UI!

• Earelith
    Earelith
    ✭✭✭
    If I want to play with my friends, I will roll on their faction :) There are some lines that separate a MMO from a virtual world into a lobby game with mini games. There is no point to cross that lines if you are in favor of the virtual world.
  • granty2008cyb16_ESO
    Yes

did you read the poll it says pve
    Meh!
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes and I'm a 99% PvE player and we already have the silly Cadwell stuff. No need to further mess up the story
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on May 31, 2015 8:06PM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Benegon
    Benegon
    ✭✭
    Yes
    I would at least like to see us be able to do dungeons and vet lvl content together. Maybe a zone like Craglorn or Coldharbor. But I do still think that some zones should be separate like Stonefalls, Auridon, Glenumbra, ect.
  • Mivryna
    Mivryna
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes! There may be a war going on between the factions, and that's interesting and all. But that doesn't mean that life suddenly stops for those not involved. Those of us more interested in PvE and Roleplay would rather have an open world to explore rather than some linear themepark. We'd like the world to be an opportunity that opens up to us; not a chore that's required in order to be part of Tamriel.

To make the game become open-world (IE: the world is open to me and I can explore it as I wish), I had to get through v5 content and finish Cadwell's Silver. And only THEN did it feel like an Elder Scrolls game to me. But by then I had already exhausted two factions' worth of content.

These subjects go rather hand-in-hand. Cross-faction PvE is another way of making the world seem alive and real, because such artificial barriers between players would no longer exist.
  • traigusb14_ESO2
    traigusb14_ESO2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    voted no.

Much rather see them work on new content.

This isn't as easy as it sounds and would take a lot of work.
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Do not trust ZOS to implement it in an adequate way rather than just tacking it on, so would rather not see it done at all at this point.

If they could put it in with proper development, would be up for the idea. At this point, there are other things that it would be preferable to see ZOS invest development time into, so maybe worry about cross-faction in a year or two at the earliest rather than diverting time into it now.

Would like to see Eyevea and the Earth Forge as open areas where all factions could congregate, but that is about it for existing maps outside of dungeons.
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes because I'd like that option myself, and because most of my characters care about the war in Cyrodiil even less than I do. Given the choice they'd be like the numerous guilds, merchants and individuals who almost ignore the war and carry on with life as normal, travelling and trading across factions.

It seems silly that my hirelings can travel freely between different factions areas but my characters are tied to one specific faction just because the first person who met them when they dropped out the sky happened to be allied with that faction.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Yinmaigao
    Yinmaigao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes

Yes and I'm a 99% PvE player and we already have the silly Cadwell stuff. No need to further mess up the story

IMO, it had NO bearing on lore/story/PvE.

We have Undaunted/Mages Guild/Fighters guild who are ALL cross-faction. Why is it such a stretch to think that members of other factions would not band together to fight a common enemy (I.E. The evil Daedra who want to kill EVERYONE).

EDIT: Additionally, all player guilds are cross-faction, so either make those faction specific as well, or allow all PvE encounters to be open to all players. It really "breaks my immersion" when someone from another faction is asking for advice on builds/specs in guild chat :rolls eyes:
    Edited by Yinmaigao on May 31, 2015 8:49PM
  • ZOS_UlyssesW
    ZOS_UlyssesW
    ✭✭✭
    Hi, all.
    We are closing this thread because there is already a larger thread on this topic. Keeping threads consolidated allows us to help players more efficiently and facilitates the visibility of different issues. We encourage you to head to that thread to continue your discussion.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.