Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

Need some tips on early levels with khajit NB (bow or dual wield)

stairwaytwoheavenb16_ESO
I started a NB Khajit as a crafting character (cloth and woodworking) but still gotta play it for the skill points and figured let me have some fun with it. I tend to play tanky heavy armor types in MMO’s but I like bow characters in single player RPG’s so wth let me go rogue, who knows, i might end up liking it long term.

Just wondering a couple of things, I don’t need too too much info but a semi guide if possible…

1) For early levels 1-15 (before weapons swap) and maybe even 15-25ish, which would be a easier between a Bow or a Dual wield to just go around soloing. Maybe join a dungeon group but probably more solo.

2) What passives or skills do you suggest on the way to level 15 and again for 15-20ish. For either bow or dual wield.

PS. Im going to try and wear 5 mediums, 1 light, 1 heavy for leveling purposes and also im going to try to keep 1 skill from each class skill line so that they all level up.
  • RavenSworn
    RavenSworn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1-15 I suggest going for bow and level the other class lines as well.

Grab
    poison arrow ( poison injection),
    assassin blade( killer's blade),
    cloak (shadowy disguise),
    strife ( soul siphon)
    soul trap.

This should suffice for the first 10-12 levels because most of the mobs you face will be in groups of two and below. Even if it comes to 3 or 4 mobs, you can kite with cloak and poison arrow. Ranged levelling in the first zone is definitely easier though you can also go melee and take this route:

Cloak
    Flurry
    Teleport strike
    Strife
    Twin slash

Some common passives you should take are catalyst, refreshing shadows, shadow barrier, executioner. Personally though I would level my racials and armor passives first, before going for the class passives. This is of course my own path for levelling but its all entirely up to u.

Post 15 though, the game changes and its imperative you start on your second weapon early. Make sure your two bars complement each other and start at least the first two quests for fighter's guild and mages guild. Unlocking them allows you access to persuasion and intimidation which will help tremendously in questing. Start on the first dungeon and the undaunted skill lines will be unlocked. Do that quest and grab the passives.
    Ingame: RavenSworn, Pc / NA.

Of Wolf and Raven
    Solo / Casual guild for beginners and new players wanting to join the game. Pst me for invite!
  • stairwaytwoheavenb16_ESO
    1-15 I suggest going for bow and level the other class lines as well.

Grab
    poison arrow ( poison injection),
    assassin blade( killer's blade),
    cloak (shadowy disguise),
    strife ( soul siphon)
    soul trap.

This should suffice for the first 10-12 levels because most of the mobs you face will be in groups of two and below. Even if it comes to 3 or 4 mobs, you can kite with cloak and poison arrow. Ranged levelling in the first zone is definitely easier though you can also go melee and take this route:

Cloak
    Flurry
    Teleport strike
    Strife
    Twin slash

Some common passives you should take are catalyst, refreshing shadows, shadow barrier, executioner. Personally though I would level my racials and armor passives first, before going for the class passives. This is of course my own path for levelling but its all entirely up to u.

Post 15 though, the game changes and its imperative you start on your second weapon early. Make sure your two bars complement each other and start at least the first two quests for fighter's guild and mages guild. Unlocking them allows you access to persuasion and intimidation which will help tremendously in questing. Start on the first dungeon and the undaunted skill lines will be unlocked. Do that quest and grab the passives.

Perfect info bro, appreciate it.
    I wasn't sure if I was going to actually play this character up seeing as it was going to be one of the 3 characters i use for crafting but I decided i'll probably level it up since it be nice to have a rogue feeling character for when the mood strikes. Khajit NB just feels right, feels like a cat like, ninja kinda character.lol

I've realized that you generally want to stay with race that matches either stam or magicka and then to choose 2 weapons that both use either stam or magicka. Not mandatory but suggested.

Khajit race leads itself to stam builds and rogue like builds..

Im thinking Bow and dual wield. But whatever i'll do with this character will be stamina so 2h/dual wield/bow. Probably not sword and shield since i have a vet 3 DK tank build so that will take care of that..lol

Long term or dungeons or endgame PVE, if you had to choose 2 weapons from 2h/dual wield/bow, which would i choose? And for PvP which would you choose.?
  • RavenSworn
    RavenSworn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Right now if you can get the rotation right with bow, its huge dps. And having a ranged weapon option is much better than having a pure melee build. I find 2handers complement bows very well, much better than dual wield. But since your char is khajit, its better to go melee and go along with their passive carnage.

I'd have to say though I find being a pure melee build a challenge in the vet dungeons but its something I look forward to to prove that berserkers, reavers and skirmishers can do well.
    Ingame: RavenSworn, Pc / NA.

Of Wolf and Raven
    Solo / Casual guild for beginners and new players wanting to join the game. Pst me for invite!
  • stairwaytwoheavenb16_ESO
    Right now if you can get the rotation right with bow, its huge dps. And having a ranged weapon option is much better than having a pure melee build. I find 2handers complement bows very well, much better than dual wield. But since your char is khajit, its better to go melee and go along with their passive carnage.

I'd have to say though I find being a pure melee build a challenge in the vet dungeons but its something I look forward to to prove that berserkers, reavers and skirmishers can do well.

Well im hardly at the point where i want to prove anything.lol I'll enjoy playing a safe yet useful character at least until I think i can go all pro and build a beast..lol

I'll stick to bow to 15 and then probably go bow and a choice of 2h/dual wield. I don't like theorycrafting, I like playing so i'll just go with a build i find that seems strong and play it to the best of my ability

thanks again, primarily for the info on leveling to 15-20, very useful.