The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

DLC and Alliance Dynamics

ZeroInspiration
ZeroInspiration
✭✭✭
So we know that one of the planned DLC is Wrothgar, so I assume that we will visit Orsinium. But the Orcs of Orsinium are allied with the Covenant, so I was wondering how it would play out if you are a member of the Dominion or the Pact. The obvious reaction would be hostility, but seeing how VR zones where handled I don't think this will be the case but this will be completely immersion breaking, at least for me. So how do you think this should be handled? Should it have a story line exclusive for members of the Covenant or should everyone play the same quests?
  • lsneakl
    lsneakl
    ✭✭✭
    A spell to make you look like the other races?

Why not hostility? Or could they just have the storyline where you alliance has taken over the area and they are sub servant for the time being.
    Options
  • ZeroInspiration
    ZeroInspiration
    ✭✭✭
    lsneakl wrote: »
    A spell to make you look like the other races?

Why not hostility? Or could they just have the storyline where you alliance has taken over the area and they are sub servant for the time being.

The spell might work, but I guess that after 3 or 4 hours you might want to see your actual character but it is a viable though lazy option. I think it would be best to have separate questlines for those who are members of the Covenant, but the problem lies in making players of other Alliances not feel like they are missing content.

Also if Zenimax wants to lower costs it would make sense (for them) to just make 1 storyline even though it is lazy and dismissive of the fact that the alliances are at war.
    Options
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Be interesting, I assume they'll make it work somehow unless they are adding one zone for each faction and Wrothgar is DCs (Clockwork City is EP and ??? is AD) That's speculation though.

I fear that by the time they get around to putting out DLC's (hopefully with a crap ton of content) there might not be a player base to enjoy it. As it stands right now they won't even mention the next update until after console release, now some have even said they won't speak of new content until after E3 (June 16th I believe) and so if you include time to decide what the next Update/DLC is/what's in it, get it tested a good amount (hopefully a month) then we are looking at the next release hitting in like mid-August or maybe even later... are you waiting that long? Not sure many will.
    Options
  • ZeroInspiration
    ZeroInspiration
    ✭✭✭
    OtarTheMad wrote: »
    Be interesting, I assume they'll make it work somehow unless they are adding one zone for each faction and Wrothgar is DCs (Clockwork City is EP and ??? is AD) That's speculation though.

I fear that by the time they get around to putting out DLC's (hopefully with a crap ton of content) there might not be a player base to enjoy it. As it stands right now they won't even mention the next update until after console release, now some have even said they won't speak of new content until after E3 (June 16th I believe) and so if you include time to decide what the next Update/DLC is/what's in it, get it tested a good amount (hopefully a month) then we are looking at the next release hitting in like mid-August or maybe even later... are you waiting that long? Not sure many will.

I'm moving to console so I'll be playing with my friends which will be refreshing. That and I'm hoping that ZOS will throw us a bone and release the Imperial city the day console launches for free to make up for the almost one year wait for content. Very unlikely but I have hopes.
    Options
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    OtarTheMad wrote: »

I'm moving to console so I'll be playing with my friends which will be refreshing. That and I'm hoping that ZOS will throw us a bone and release the Imperial city the day console launches for free to make up for the almost one year wait for content. Very unlikely but I have hopes.

That would be nice honestly, throw in Imperial City but still have a DLC planned to release sometime in August. My hope though in ZOS is fading and quickly, I love TES series but if they don't add some beefy DLC's then Skyrim is calling my name again.

Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the Wrothgar storyline is supposed to be specifically about Orsinium's membership in the Covenant, and the opposition to that membership from the Mauloch-worshipping Orcs of the Wrothgar countryside.

Now this bit is speculation: as a member of the Dominion or the Pact, you could work with the Wrothgar countryside Orcs to fully remove them from the Covenant completely, thereby severely disrupting the Covenant itself. As a Covenant member, you could work with the Orsinium city Orcs to solidify their membership. It's also quite likely that, if this is how it works, both options will be possible, so someone playing a traitor to their faction would be able to do the opposite.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
    Options