Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Fun healing class or Nightblade viable Heavy armor build

kingcajete
kingcajete
Soul Shriven
So I've been putting some thought into what I would like to play now that I've come back to the game since it's gone F2P. A lot has changed since I last played and so I was wondering if that are any viable heavy armor Nightblade builds that can put out some nice DPS. One of the main things I like about the Nightblade is the ability to go stealth mid combat and re-appear. If there aren't any viable builds for that then I'll probably go with some sort of fun healing class. I was thinking something strange like a Dragonknight w/ Resto Staff, but I'm not sure how that will work. I just want something strange for healing more on the niche side. Anyway, looking for some suggestions, anything helps! Thanks!
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have VR14 magicka NB for PvE. I carry with me both light and heavy armor and switch between them depending on situation. Heavy setup gives upto 10k STDPS and light 13k. It is behind other builds when looking just DPS but it gives healing "for free" 5..8k HPS while doing just damage without resto skills.
    Heavy setup:
    Chest heavy nirn Torug' Pact
    Head, shoulders, trousers, boots Storm Knight (VR12)
    Belt, neck Adroidness (VR12)
    Rings, hands Cyrodiil Light
    Weapons e.g. firestaff, resto, dual swords, S&B nirn Torug's Pact
    All armor glyphs magicka, jewelry spell cost reduction, weapons poison. Attributes 52 magicka, 10 health, all legendary.

The light setup replaces Storm Knight with Martial Knowledge, or head is replaced by medium nirn Torug's Pact. These variations adjust also health/magicka. I just have the stuff and take adjustments when needed.

The heavy set is used when i am expecting lots of damage and when there is need for extra healing and full sustainability.
    1 fire staff: Structured Entropy, Cripple, Funnel Health, Siphoning Attacks, Inner Light, Shooting Star
    Used for single target DPS and to recover mana. When spamming Funnel mana increases when SA is on.
    2 resto staff: Impale, Healing Springs, Sap Essence, Siphoning Attacks, Inner Light, Veil of Blades
    Used for execute, heal, mitigate and AoE.

Funnel Health and Sap Essence give strong healing for groups and usually i don't have to care about my own health. When someone gets heavy hits i spam few Healing Springs and switch back to doing damage. The build maximizes spell damage and magicka. It never runs out of magicka.

The build is not the best DPS but is best survivalist and very flexible. I use this setup e.g. in Sanctum before last boss doing both DPS and healer role. The toon is maxed crafter of everything and suffers from lack of skillpoints. I have compensated that with flexible gear.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone