The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Remove veteran Ranks ASAP

Millerman34n
Millerman34n
✭✭✭
350 plus hours till end game is not enjoyable
  • Zazaaji
    Zazaaji
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure that of the literally dozens of threads made in the past week about this exact same topic, it will be this thread that makes Zenimax remove them. :*
    -
    Edited by Zazaaji on May 29, 2015 3:50AM
    English is not my first language, Finnish is.
    Please don't heap on me for grammar problems.
  • ThePonzzz
    ThePonzzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enjoy it. There is nothing to do at end game.
  • hamgatan
    hamgatan
    ✭✭✭✭✭

how do you figure that?

I grind 140K XP an hour in Cyro. 14,000,000 points to go from VR1-VR14.

That's 100 Hours. At Most.

PC / NA - 1500 CP
    L50 Argonian MagTemplar PvE Healer (US/EP) "Smothers-With-Pillows"
    L50 Argonian StamPlar PvE DPS/Solo (US/EP) "The Rusty Argonian Spade"
    L50 Khajit StamPlar PvE DPS (US/EP) "Critteh Kitteh"
    L50 Khajit MagDK PvE DPS 97k (US/EP) "Snowflake Crusher"
    L50 Redguard StamDK PvE Tank (US/DC) "Rampant Rabbit"
    L50 Dunmer MagDK PvE DPS (US/DC) "Deep Fried Bin Chicken"
    L50 Altmer MagSorc PvE DPS (US/DC) "Acirrum" - The vMA/vvH Potato Sorc
    L50 Orc StamSorc PvE DPS (US/AD) "Fraggle Proc"
    L50 Altmer MagBlade PvE Healer (US/AD) "Never Goanna Heal You Up"
    L20 Redguard StamBlade PvP Tank (US/AD) "Sneak Dogg"
    L50 Breton MagWarden PvE Healer (US/EP) "Drunk-The-Koolaid"
    L40 Orc StamDen PvE DPS (US/EP) "Fugly Betty"
    L50 Breton MagCro PvE DPS (US/DC) "Ivanna Fakakakis"
    L50 Redguard StamCro PvE DPS (US/DC) "Skeletons In The Closet"
    L50 Dunmer Stam Arcanist PvE DPS 80k (US/EP) "Sends-The-Trout" - 1 Bar Oakensoul
    L20 Nord Arcanist PvE Tank (US/EP) "Now Thats a Huge Witch"

Xbox One / NA - 360 CP
    L50 Altmer MagBlade (US/AD) "Cork Soaking"
    L10 Argonian Templar (US/EP) "Makes-Me-Moist"
    L10 Argonian MagDK (US/EP) "<Forced-Name-Change>"
    L27 Altmer MagSorc (US/EP) "Sorcie McSorcface"

|GM - The Bin Chicken Alliance | Aussie Dragon Slayers | Aedra | The Skooma Emporium | The Bus | The Bounty Hunters Guild |
  • Xjcon
    Xjcon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea reading all those darn quests takes a huge chunk of time....
    Briza Do'urdenx V16 Dunmer DK
    Jcon V16 Orc DK
    Vierna Do'urdenx V16 Bosmer NB
    Jarlaxle Baenrex V16 Dunmer NB
  • hamgatan
    hamgatan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    E.. E.. E.. E.. E.. E.. E..
    PC / NA - 1500 CP
    L50 Argonian MagTemplar PvE Healer (US/EP) "Smothers-With-Pillows"
    L50 Argonian StamPlar PvE DPS/Solo (US/EP) "The Rusty Argonian Spade"
    L50 Khajit StamPlar PvE DPS (US/EP) "Critteh Kitteh"
    L50 Khajit MagDK PvE DPS 97k (US/EP) "Snowflake Crusher"
    L50 Redguard StamDK PvE Tank (US/DC) "Rampant Rabbit"
    L50 Dunmer MagDK PvE DPS (US/DC) "Deep Fried Bin Chicken"
    L50 Altmer MagSorc PvE DPS (US/DC) "Acirrum" - The vMA/vvH Potato Sorc
    L50 Orc StamSorc PvE DPS (US/AD) "Fraggle Proc"
    L50 Altmer MagBlade PvE Healer (US/AD) "Never Goanna Heal You Up"
    L20 Redguard StamBlade PvP Tank (US/AD) "Sneak Dogg"
    L50 Breton MagWarden PvE Healer (US/EP) "Drunk-The-Koolaid"
    L40 Orc StamDen PvE DPS (US/EP) "Fugly Betty"
    L50 Breton MagCro PvE DPS (US/DC) "Ivanna Fakakakis"
    L50 Redguard StamCro PvE DPS (US/DC) "Skeletons In The Closet"
    L50 Dunmer Stam Arcanist PvE DPS 80k (US/EP) "Sends-The-Trout" - 1 Bar Oakensoul
    L20 Nord Arcanist PvE Tank (US/EP) "Now Thats a Huge Witch"

Xbox One / NA - 360 CP
    L50 Altmer MagBlade (US/AD) "Cork Soaking"
    L10 Argonian Templar (US/EP) "Makes-Me-Moist"
    L10 Argonian MagDK (US/EP) "<Forced-Name-Change>"
    L27 Altmer MagSorc (US/EP) "Sorcie McSorcface"

|GM - The Bin Chicken Alliance | Aussie Dragon Slayers | Aedra | The Skooma Emporium | The Bus | The Bounty Hunters Guild |
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alot of threads on this but i am still under the impression that they will remove them about a month after console launch in the next major update.
  • Junipus
    Junipus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it takes you 350+ hours then you're likely only questing and will never reach VR14. I'm only halfway through VR1 and halfway through the main quest line for Cadwell's silver having done little else. Even if I were bothered to be a completionist I'd probably be around 3/4 of a VR rank behind.

Inevitably you need to grind in some forms or another to reach VR14, but on the plus side it's one of the more efficient and productive ways of getting CP nowadays.

They'll remove them likely sometime towards the end of this year, when we will start complaining about a lack of CP passives once we hit around 1000 CP on average within the player base.
    The Legendary Nothing
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As I often do on these threads I'll represent the 'Keep them!' vote.

Mainly because I don't see the benefit of removing them vs. the work it will take and the weeks/months of issues we'd almost inevitably have with gear, skills, crafts, stats and other things not being scaled right when they make the changes.

Grind is here to stay people, even if they do remove VR you have epic levels of grind to get CP which is going to stay.

Focus on what really matters - more variety in content and more varied ways to get XP so that whether you are getting levels or CP it feels more like fun and less like work.
    GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
  • wraith808
    wraith808
    ✭✭✭✭
    If it takes you 350+ hours then you're likely only questing and will never reach VR14. I'm only halfway through VR1 and halfway through the main quest line for Cadwell's silver having done little else. Even if I were bothered to be a completionist I'd probably be around 3/4 of a VR rank behind.

Inevitably you need to grind in some forms or another to reach VR14, but on the plus side it's one of the more efficient and productive ways of getting CP nowadays.

They'll remove them likely sometime towards the end of this year, when we will start complaining about a lack of CP passives once we hit around 1000 CP on average within the player base.

No, I really dont' know what he's doing. I'm questing, and I didn't take 350 hours to get to VR12 where I am now. Nor anywhere near that would say that to get the other two is going to take enough to make that remotely near what I've spent.
    Quasim ibn-Muhammad - VR 12 Redguard Dragon Knight
    Taladriel Vanima - VR 5 Altmer Nightblade
    Ambalyo iyo Bogaadin - VR 1 Redguard Sorceror
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed, keep them but for pete's sake add more content!
  • Weberda
    Weberda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's just another thread by somebody who came in under B2P and wants to be at max level after only being around for a couple of weeks and playing 1 or 2 hours per day.
    Fernwood, EP Haderus NA
    Lo Behold, AD Thornblade NA (formerly Haderus, inactive)
  • Dre4dwolfb14_ESO
    Been waiting till they remove VR to play lol, no time for bs make believe levels that will be wiped.
  • Wolfshead
    Wolfshead
    ✭✭✭✭

You do know it is call END GAME right which mean that you spend hours and hours even days and even week and even month until the feel like add new content take WoW before the last expansion you was spend more then 1 year in same content before you got the new epxansion so i dont see why you are whine it will take time before we get something new.

Swtor took them years before the put out nex expansion but people was still play the game and sure the will add content but at the end it will be same as now we spend hours do samething over and over again that how mmo end game is now days.

If you find yourself alone, riding in green fields with the sun on your face, do not be troubled; for you are in Elysium, and you're already dead
    What we do in life, echoes in eternity
  • RedTalon
    RedTalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After consoles they say that system will be removed sometime fully, then its the champ point grind!
  • Millerman34n
    Millerman34n
    ✭✭✭
    Y a im ok grinding champion points not vr levels
  • Wolfchild07
    Wolfchild07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As people have stated in other threads, it's not the VR lvls that's the problem, but rather the amount of xp required to attain them. It should be less.
  • F7sus4
    F7sus4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As people have stated in other threads, it's not the VR lvls that's the problem, but rather the amount of xp required to attain them, players being lazy and willing to get everything in the blink of an eye.
  • Lord_Archaic
    Lord_Archaic
    ✭✭✭

I quested from vr1 to vr10 in although cadwells silver through cadwells gold and went up 10 ranks so it is possible....I went up one rank each area
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As people have stated in other threads, it's not the VR lvls that's the problem, but rather the amount of xp required to attain them. It should be less.

not even that is the problem - the amount of xp you get or better the lack of it is the problem.
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    ✭✭✭
    The user and all related content has been deleted.