The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Battlemaster’s Corner – The Daedric Master"

ZOS_JasonLeavey
ZOS_JasonLeavey
✭✭✭✭✭
This is the official discussion thread for the web article, "Battlemaster’s Corner – The Daedric Master."

Read on to learn about this unique Sorcerer build, which takes tanking to a whole new level.
Jason Leavey
Community Coordinator - The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube
Staff Post
  • Erelah
    Erelah
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is similar to a build I am currently leveling up. My character is only level 30 and doesn't have inner fire. However instead of the Storm Antronch I went for Overload. This allows me to have the second hotbar on my main for when I need to do some additional damage.

I did not consider using the healing staff, however now I think I will take a peek at it and see how it goes as I would like the occasional self heal.
  • Runefell
    Runefell
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have something of a similar set-up, though currently I'm using sword and board and bow, as I'm a khajiit and sneaky and love getting off sneak attacks from afar. Not sure how much more effective it is, but it amuses me.

I am rather curious on how the attributes are distributed. I'm thinking about going a little more tanky than I currently am. Since I'm using two stamina based weapons, I thought to put most of my points in stamina, and a few into health. I'm now wondering if I should invest in magicka instead. I've thought about putting points in all three, but from what I've read, hybrids aren't the best way to go at the moment.
    Rune Fell- Dunmer Mag Sorcerer (DC)~The Adventurer
    Runed Claws- Khajiit Stam Dragonknight (DC) ~The Tank
    Rain Fell- Argonian Mag Templar (EP)~ The Healer
    Dragon Talon- Bosmer Stam Nightblade (AD) ~ The DPS

• Seravi
    Seravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh my wish I hadn't seen this one LOL! I just started a sorcerer, level 18 right now. I am using 2H/Bow and using Arena and Night's Silence, Bosmer, 5Medium/2Heavy armor. The downside to this setup right now is I can't heal myself if I need to other than a potion. May have to step back and rethink my setup.

Do you have Champion points? If so how are they distributed?
  • mistermacintosh
    mistermacintosh
    ✭✭✭
    I like the screen shot. Very nice.
    Legalize Nirnroot!

Mac User, NA Server (CP810+, PVE focused):
    Magicka Templar Ra the Everlasting (Level 50 - Main Character)
    Stamina Sorcerer Khazaka-ri (Level 50 - Crafter)
    Dragonknight Tank Skalda Flamewreath (Level 50)
    Pet Sorcerer Hellias Ocume (Level 50)
    Magicka Necromancer Socelon (Level 4)

Templar Healer Mends-Through-Panic (Level 50)
    Stamina Nightblade Adanna-daro (Level 50)
    Stamina Warden Marely Sprigs (Level 50)
    Stamina Dragonknight Ursula Trollcalmer (Level 50)
    Stamina Necromancer Daengeval (Level 4)

Stamina Templar Cornellus Graves (Level 50)
    Warden Healer Pays-For-Luxury (Level 50)
    Magicka Sorcerer Sophia Flash (Level 50)
    Magicka Dragonknight Cinvalo Aloavel (Level 50)
    Magicka Nightblade Esmerelda the Cruel (Level 50)
  • Lord_Wrath
    Lord_Wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the idea...and I tried this but mehhh. Its too tedious having to constantly switch back and forth between bars and the sustain really isnt that wonderful.
    1300+ CP | Lørd Wrath | - Sorcerer - Palatine - Grand Master Crafter - 30000 Achievement Points
    Launch Player - PC - NA - EP
  • Cry_Wolfe
    Cry_Wolfe
    ✭✭✭
    don't forget that if you stack HP, the healing passive from dark magic adds up, it also procs off of each Daedric mine.
  • Balerathon
    Balerathon
    Soul Shriven
    Howdy!

Found this build on reddit and have been trying it out for a bit now. Here's some feedback :)

I really like it!

Firstly, I'm a level 26 (my main) Dark Elf (originally rolled to be a magic user/healer). My current stats are something like 18/5/3 since I very recently decided to try tanking. I'm running mostly H.armor I've come across, a piece of light and med armor as well.

I still don't have Inner Fire, Conjured Ward, or Negate Magic. Instead, I've been running Rejuv and Daedric Curse until I can take them.

My rotation looks something like:
    • Resto Bar: Rejuv->D.Curse
    • switch to S&B
    • h.swing->puncture->lightning form->lightning splash
    • weaving in blocks and interrupts as needed.

It's been handling very well. I don't even notice packs of mobs around my level. I tanked all 3 T3 dungeons at 24-26 that were scaled to a level 28 the other night and it felt really good. The only times I died were player error :). Otherwise, sans some needed Stamina regen that will come with appropriate gear/enchants, I really liked how it felt.

I've tanked in many MMOs and I like the active nature of this build. Needing to balance healing, weapon swapping during lulls in the fight, it's a guaranteed action packed fight. Plus, you have 2 Daedra underlings who do your bidding!
  • Dreddnawt
    Dreddnawt
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting build here. Ive been having fun working on my bow sorc lately but have wanted to try a more pet friendly setup. My sorc style is normally kill everything fast fast fast, putting the little daedric minions to good use is kind of new to me.

Can the original poster fill us in on how the pets fare in trials, dsa, coa?
    Do they normally last through major fights or are they used more like cannon fodder?
    Dreddnawt - Orsimer Aedric Crusader
    Alexstrasza Drogon - Imperial Infernal Dragon
    Daggerfall Covenant

TESO / PC / NA Server
  • Dantallus
    Dantallus
    Soul Shriven
    What base attributes are most of you running with this build?
  • Dantallus
    Dantallus
    Soul Shriven
    OH yes and a second on champ point distribution please
  • LEGENDARYYY
    LEGENDARYYY
    ✭✭✭✭
    In my opinion, having two taunts on the same bar is kind of a waste of a slot. Taunt more then 3 times per 10 secs and lose agro, essentially in this build you have a main bar with 5 skills you can use, not 6.

Would be more useful to put inner fire on the resto bar instead of lightning splash, and then put lightning splash on the main bar instead of inner fire. This is what people normally do, have the two taunts on different bars. Yes, you lose slight damage output on lightning splash when using it on the 1h shield bar, but still.

One more thing. Do PVE monsters crit now, or is this a PvP build? Why the impenetrable trait?

Overall the concept looks really cool. Will definitely try something like that in the future.
    Seravi wrote: »
    Oh my wish I hadn't seen this one LOL! I just started a sorcerer, level 18 right now. I am using 2H/Bow and using Arena and Night's Silence, Bosmer, 5Medium/2Heavy armor. The downside to this setup right now is I can't heal myself if I need to other than a potion. May have to step back and rethink my setup.

Do you have Champion points? If so how are they distributed?

You can heal yourself with Surge in the Storm Calling skill pool. It's viable with a high crit rate.
    Edited by LEGENDARYYY on June 2, 2015 3:06AM
    CP capped.

EP - Nord - Eystein Blodsbringar - Tristat DK Tank
    EP - Nord - Eyjolf Blodsbringar - Stamina NB PvPer
    EP - Argonian - Tired-Of-Cats - Magicka Sorc PvPer
    EP - Khajit - Cutepaws - Banker
    EP - Redguard - Jathod Trearan - Stamina DK DD
    EP - Redgaurd - Dhenus Okzhat-Si - Stamina Sorcerer DD (vMSA toon, 569K)
    EP - Altmer - Haqsin - Magicka Sorc DD
    EP - Altmer - Minia Feaine - Templar Healer

+ about 20 deleted alts

GM of Pact Veteran Trade (Craglorn), Traders of the Ebonheart (Mournhold), Pact Veteran Trade II (Mournhold)

All part of the "Akatosh Imperium".

Want competitive Cyrodiil? Support THIS thread.

Me soloing Veteran Elden Hollow and AA: HERE
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    DId I miss the part about who this build is attributed to? I have a couple ideads, but they should give credit where credit is due.

Was a little surprised at the switch back and forth between first and second person, but it still gets the point across.

I prefer a little more active build, myself, but each to his own. (I was also a little surprised they didn't show some of the soloed group content they referred to.

Anyway, nice build (with some tweaks, such as the dual taunt, as @Legendaryyy mentions above.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • galogon
    galogon
    Does anyone know if this build is still viable?

And how about passives and champion points distribution? Can anyone help with that?
  • rcharbod63b14_ESO
    rcharbod63b14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    galogon wrote: »
    Does anyone know if this build is still viable?

And how about passives and champion points distribution? Can anyone help with that?

I haven't leveled enough to worry about Champion Points (lvl 29), yet, but passives would be to reduce Ultimate cost and to give you back health and magica and to reduce ability cost; pretty much just what you think they'd be. I don't see anything under Restro Staff I'd take, but the 1H&Shield passives all look good, especially Sword &Board and Fortress. All the Heavy Armor passives look good. Power Stone under Daedric Summoning for sure, then the others. For Dark Magic probably just Unholy Knowledge. Capacitor and Expert Mage under Storm Calling look good.
    For leveling in PvE, I think the build is a lot of fun and very viable; takes a bit to understand the playstyle, though. At end game, I don't know.
    Actually, I just respecced to this build at lvl. 26 from a Stamina DPS sorcerer, so my gear is still vanilla and I don't have all the skills I should. I'm still doing very well in PvE; I'm holding off on group tanking until I get good gear and all my abilities/morphs. But doing dolmens and delves is great and a lot of fun.