The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Death to the Buff Server(s)

Vurian97
Vurian97
✭✭✭
Many times now, have we made Call-To-Arms to campaigns to end the buff servers. Every time we've actually made one, it has worked. It turned a campaign into an active one. Haderus had a call-to-arms not a month ago and the DC / AD Buff Server swapping ended and became a competitive campaign.

Right now, we need EP and DC to report in to Azura's Star to knock out the AD buff server.
AD and DC need to report in to Thornblade to knock out the EP buff server.

Once these campaigns are shifted back to equal, we can begin focusing on REAL PvP. Not PvEing guards and capping keeps.
  • PenguinInACan
    PenguinInACan
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can call as many PvPers you want to Thorn and all you will accomplish is pushing the EP there to some other server.

We push the EP pop every night and by morning its all capped back because nobody has the numbers/care to keep pressure on a continuous 2 bar pop 24/7. And when we do log back in its pushing back the 20+ that are sitting at the gates.

You aren't going to get "REAL" PvP until the guesting is limited and the pops balance out, which as of right now EP has an overwhelming advantage (at least on Thorn).

PvP has been dying for a long time, and 1.6 basically killed it for me with 65% of Thorn's EP pop running stam builds w/snipe.
    People will have "fun" the easiest way they can now, which in ESO means rolling the most winning-est faction (EP) with the most effective builds (stam) and the least intensive skill set (snipe/wrecking blow).

You can call for help as often as you want, but all you will accomplish is turning another server into a buff server and "starting" a "new" competitive campaign.
    Marek
  • Dru1076
    Dru1076
    ✭✭✭✭
    Personally, and I know this is not a popular idea, but I wouldn't mind if buffs were ditched as a method of reward. It is why we have buff servers on the first place, and from personal experience I can tell you getting stuck on an enemy buff campaign is a huge pain and no fun at all. I am on a competitive campaign now, and it is exponentially more fun not knowing each time I log on who will have control of the map.... If anyone does.
    Ask not what your sweetroll can do for you....
  • Methariorn
    Methariorn
    ✭✭✭
    Remove the option to jump in any campain one of your friend/guild mate is. Just an home and a guest campain and you can't change them for good till they end. Maybe, just maybe, after some time campains will be more belanced and ppl will fight hard. Now if thing are messed many players just change campain. Oh, and I wonna see the bright side without thinking of leaders of big guilds making pact to recreate buff campain. I, also, belive that "bonus" should only be apply in PvP and not affect PvE at all.
    Methariorn sorc EU server AD
    Acciughina NB EU server AD
    Aiacos Templar EU server AD
    Sevoltan DK EU server AD
  • Vurian97
    Vurian97
    ✭✭✭
    All I heard was quitting when it came to buff servers. You want to know what a real competitive server is? When one faction dominates and the others keep pushing, and keep pushing to eventually win. Guess what... Haderus. That use to be an AD / DC buff server. Clan Sverker came in 2 nights in a row and played many hours of flipping it back and forth, and then people made a Call To Arms to the campaign and it became a competitive campaign again.

You guys have to quit being crybabies when it comes to buff servers. Bust a nut and fight the opposition. Reason why buff servers exist is because people are to weak to compete against someone that is bigger. If you guys want to find a competitive campaign, those buff servers are the best thing out there for it. I've always taken myself to the buff servers and fought on them to end the buffing. What PvPers need to realize is, they all whine and cry when they get to a competitive server and it's laggy because of all the zergs.

Guess what guys... Those buff servers, they don't LAG. Want to know something else? You bring in a group that knows what they are doing and they can make it a competitive campaign and nobody else will ever know the difference until your enemy cries on the forums.

Quit running from the buff server, fight on it, end it. You guys act like once a server is a buff server, you can't even kill a player. You guys act like it's got PvPers littered everywhere. Best part, it doesn't. It's always PvErs. Your PvPers don't show up until the Emperor or Scrolls are about to be taken. Quit your hiding, quit your whining. Let's fix the problem. It's the players who hide from it. Get in the field, kill the buffers.
  • PenguinInACan
    PenguinInACan
    ✭✭✭✭
    The AP flows like none other on buff servers, its the reason you get the pushes and dethrones during prime time. We can farm for hours and have fun and not give a care in the world that EP is hundreds of thousands of points in the lead in scoring, or even that we wipe to inevitable zerg of 50+.

The biggest issue is that once we do make an effective push, there generally aren't competitive numbers on ALL THREE sides to keep it going. By all means, come to Thorn and try and make it competitive, but once enough people do so, one of the other vet campaigns will dull out to one faction dominating and another buff server will be born. Then the same server you are calling to "de-buff" will be riddled with lag because it is now "competitive" and 15 man organized guilds will be effectively using AOE's against other guilds utilizing the same AOE's (hence the lag).

Players are not going to be able to fix the buff server problem. The pop balance isn't going to even out by calls to arms, because for every 1 person trying to help the game by re-rolling to a smaller faction you will have 4 more running to the bloated faction because its winning.

Just tough it out and have fun with your guilds and friends.
    Marek
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would be nice to not have buff servers, to have good three faction pvp, but you need three active factions for that to happen.

Everyday I pvp every day it is getting harder and harder to find a campaign with action in it, I don't like helping my faction create a buff server but some times there is action there, for a short time, it seems like everyday pvp in ESO is getting a little stranger by the minute, I hope once consoles get released we start seeing things happen, I see through the forums there is more and more frustration with this waiting on console stuff, and no communication makes it even worse.. :(
  • Germtrocity
    Germtrocity
    ✭✭✭✭
    WTB PvP Arenas
    Edited by Germtrocity on May 30, 2015 12:03AM
  • Vurian97
    Vurian97
    ✭✭✭
    Haderus... ;( What is this AD Buff Server nonsense... Was Azura's Star not enough for you? Is flipping Thornblade constantly not enough? You had to take Haderus and add it to your routine Buff Server needs?

To EP, quit your quitting and keep on fighting. Stop fleeing from fights and stop running from the buff servers, because if you do, we'll never win constantly..

To DC, I feel your pain. I would love to faction transfer (if that was possible) and join you guys, as I feel you guys need more players. However, I refuse to level another toon, just because, blehh. Effort and such.
  • Rakno87
    Rakno87
    ✭✭
    Vurian97 wrote: »
    Haderus... ;( What is this AD Buff Server nonsense... Was Azura's Star not enough for you? Is flipping Thornblade constantly not enough? You had to take Haderus and add it to your routine Buff Server needs?

To EP, quit your quitting and keep on fighting. Stop fleeing from fights and stop running from the buff servers, because if you do, we'll never win constantly..

To DC, I feel your pain. I would love to faction transfer (if that was possible) and join you guys, as I feel you guys need more players. However, I refuse to level another toon, just because, blehh. Effort and such.

DC need more players like you boss! Had is the best campaign!
    DC Since Launch
    Sardul Singh - Unwavering Stam DK
  • NovaShadow
    NovaShadow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Considering AD have Azura, Had & now Thorn we don't need anymore AD around the place. We need EP to stop QQing in thorn zone or quitting and do something productive and DC could use a lot more people everywhere.
    PC NA - EPHS
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NovaShadow wrote: »
    Considering AD have Azura, Had & now Thorn we don't need anymore AD around the place. We need EP to stop QQing in thorn zone or quitting and do something productive and DC could use a lot more people everywhere.

Well those EP in thorn told all the organized guilds to get lost. I mean, they said they had it no problem.

O_o what happen
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler Come join the covenant and PVP; youre going to have a great time!
  • Garion
    Garion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FENGRUSH wrote: »
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler Come join the covenant and PVP; youre going to have a great time!

DW he has an alliance war rank 12 character, he's definitely well suited to managing the ESO PvP experience. I mean, it's been great so far hasn't it?!
    Lastobeth - VR16 Sorc - PvP Rank 41 (AD)
    Lastoblyat - VR16 Templar - PvP Rank 14 (AD)
    Ninja Pete - VR16 NB - PvP Rank 10 (AD)
    Labo the Banana Slayer - VR14 Sorc - PvP Rank 12 (EP)

Member of Banana Squad | Officer of Arena
  • tordr86b16_ESO
    tordr86b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    End guesting.
  • Love_Chunks
    Love_Chunks
    ✭✭✭
    End guesting = I want to limit pvp participation so I dont have to work hard for my pvp buffs. It's a terrible selfish proposal.
    Me: It's[WB spamming DK] a really cheesy build
    Guildy: I like cheese with my wine, and WB creates some really good wine.
  • ArcVelarian
    ArcVelarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Toss out travel to player in cyrodiil and 50% of the problem will be solved.
    Murphy's Law of PvP : If it can be abused and or exploited, it will be abused and or exploited.
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Toss out the PvP buffs in PvE.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    End guesting = I want to limit pvp participation so I dont have to work hard for my pvp buffs. It's a terrible selfish proposal.

wat. no seriously... wat?

What really happens...

Five reds who are homed on an all yellow campaign decide to mix things up a bit. Instead of painstakingly and slowly taking everything from their gates, they decide to take Chalman Farm, the only red spot now on an all yellow map.

Suddenly....

Trial guild raid caller: Man this Sanctum run is going good, thank god we have 3 buff servers for all our people, mhmmm
    Trial guild member 1: OH MY GOD REDS TOOK A RESOURCE AT CHALMAN, THEY GONNA DEPOSE US SO WE CANT WIN LEADERBOARD THIS WEEK
    Trial guild raid leader: OMG, EVERYONE LEAVE THE DUNGEON WE HAVE TO GET THE WHOLE GUILD INTO CYRODIIL RIGHT NOW, YES ALL CALL, WHOLE GUILD OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

At the same time....

PvP pro elite zergball on Chillrend raid leader: Heh, this 80 man tower farm is amazing, 10k ap per hour guys, we are such pros
    PvP pro elite zergling: BOSS, A RESOURCE FLIPPED ON CHALMAN, its my home campaign where I am emperor
    PvP pro elite zergball on Chillrend raid leader: OMG EVERYONE WIPE AND RESPAWN, IM QUEUING US FOR HADERUS, we must defend the RING for this one guy who is useless and contributes nothing but MUH PRO GUILDIE ZERGBALLER

Haderus in 10 minutes goes from 1 bar to yellow pop lock, with at times 50-80 yellows descending like raving banshees onto one keep or resource.

Every, damn, day.
    Edited by Rylana on June 2, 2015 4:03PM
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Rylana wrote: »

What really happens...

Five reds who are homed on an all yellow campaign decide to mix things up a bit. Instead of painstakingly and slowly taking everything from their gates, they decide to take Chalman Farm, the only red spot now on an all yellow map.

Suddenly....

Trial guild raid caller: Man this Sanctum run is going good, thank god we have 3 buff servers for all our people, mhmmm
    Trial guild member 1: OH MY GOD REDS TOOK A RESOURCE AT CHALMAN, THEY GONNA DEPOSE US SO WE CANT WIN LEADERBOARD THIS WEEK
    Trial guild raid leader: OMG, EVERYONE LEAVE THE DUNGEON WE HAVE TO GET THE WHOLE GUILD INTO CYRODIIL RIGHT NOW, YES ALL CALL, WHOLE GUILD OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

At the same time....

PvP pro elite zergball on Chillrend raid leader: Heh, this 80 man tower farm is amazing, 10k ap per hour guys, we are such pros
    PvP pro elite zergling: BOSS, A RESOURCE FLIPPED ON CHALMAN, its my home campaign where I am emperor
    PvP pro elite zergball on Chillrend raid leader: OMG EVERYONE WIPE AND RESPAWN, IM QUEUING US FOR HADERUS, we must defend the RING for this one guy who is useless and contributes nothing but MUH PRO GUILDIE ZERGBALLER

Haderus in 10 minutes goes from 1 bar to yellow pop lock, with at times 50-80 yellows descending like raving banshees onto one keep or resource.

Every, damn, day.

So, you've killed Herkamur and Busroenkin, too, eh?
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What really happens...

Suddenly....

At the same time....

Every, damn, day.

Its funny that you knew exactly who I meant
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

What really happens...

Suddenly....

At the same time....

Every, damn, day.

Busro's at least tanky, but he has no DPS. He gets killed last, every time, and contributes little, every time.

Herkamur's just bad at.... whatever the hell he's trying to accomplish. I'm not even sure what he's doing. He gets killed in Leap/ProxDet combos, he gets whipped to death, he gets pain trained over. He just dies like a scrub every time.

I have never seen an emp get farmed at a resource node as much as Herkamur did this last Saturday.
  • FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

What really happens...

Suddenly....

At the same time....

Every, damn, day.

Busro's at least tanky, but he has no DPS. He gets killed last, every time, and contributes little, every time.

Herkamur's just bad at.... whatever the hell he's trying to accomplish. I'm not even sure what he's doing. He gets killed in Leap/ProxDet combos, he gets whipped to death, he gets pain trained over. He just dies like a scrub every time.

I have never seen an emp get farmed at a resource node as much as Herkamur did this last Saturday.

He casts healing springs. Nothing else. (not even trying to insult/troll)

Thought he was a templar up until yesterday. Saw him accidently use lightning armor and was in complete and utter disbelief that is a magicka sorc emp.
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What really happens...

Suddenly....

At the same time....

Every, damn, day.

Thought he was a templar up until yesterday. Saw him accidently use lightning armor and was in complete and utter disbelief that is a magicka sorc emp.

There was a semi-serious joke in TS earlier (GoS TS), that we should crown me on Haderus this cycle, just to give them an idea of what an emp should be built like. Vort is a very good example, but that boy gotta be tired as hell after the last run.

Some of these recent AD emps, on multiple campaigns, are literally the laughing stock. =/ Exquisite was an example of a good sorc emp, the next sorc to be crowned was the biggest joke ive ever seen.

Hmm, maybe I should convince them to help me get emp on my AD DK and then show the yellows how its REALLY done. Solo or with five people just roll the map to death. >_>

Ok now im just being you. XD
    Edited by Rylana on June 2, 2015 5:47PM
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

What really happens...

Suddenly....

At the same time....

Every, damn, day.

When someone told me he was a Sorc, I was in disbelief as well. I've never seen him streak or anything. Just stand in the back, spamming heals.