Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Haderus right now

Ifthir_ESO
Ifthir_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
First lag/crashes Ive had in ages. Awful.
  • Mako1132
    Mako1132
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lucky you that its been a while....
  • Xeven
    Xeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I logged out. It's terrible. <3 ZOS
  • FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Get your tin foil hats out were in for a long thread.
  • Ifthir_ESO
    Ifthir_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @FENGRUSH stunned the server with his sonic boom as he ran past
    Edited by Ifthir_ESO on May 28, 2015 2:22AM
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Now? Right now? Are you sure?

http://youtu.be/356faqb9JnU

rip decibel
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Edited by Ezareth on May 28, 2015 2:57AM
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • WarrioroftheWind_ESO
    WarrioroftheWind_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ezareth wrote: »

I'd play it if it didn't require you to play a dude.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dat trailer. Geralt still in default Kaer Morhen armor while fighting vs high vampire boss in seconday quest zone...dat skill.
    Edited by Cinbri on May 28, 2015 8:46AM
  • Psilent
    Psilent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The lag last night at Ash was awful, but it's not the fault of the players. AD was defending their last Emperor Fort and EP was trying to crown Dutchessx; DC came in for fun as well! I had to alt F4 right as we crowned Dutchessx emperor due to massive lag.

Really am hoping that Zenimax focuses on the lag after console launch. Was a bit disappointed that I didn't get to witness my friend's name pop up for crowning. After fighting the Emperor group all afternoon at every objective it would have been nice to see his name pop up for dethrone and Dutchessx for crowning.

Congrats again Dutchessx on your short reign. Saw AD night capped the map.
    Edited by Psilent on May 28, 2015 12:19PM
  • Weberda
    Weberda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Psilent wrote: »
    The lag last night at Ash was awful, but it's not the fault of the players. AD was defending their last Emperor Fort and EP was trying to crown Dutchessx; DC came in for fun as well! I had to alt F4 right as we crowned Dutchessx emperor due to massive lag.

Really am hoping that Zenimax focuses on the lag after console launch. Was a bit disappointed that I didn't get to witness my friend's name pop up for crowning. After fighting the Emperor group all afternoon at every objective it would have been nice to see his name pop up for dethrone and Dutchessx for crowning.

Congrats again Dutchessx on your short reign. Saw AD night capped the map.

For those of us who have played on Haderus for most of the last year it was really a worthy effort. Dutchessx is certainly one of the most liked personages on the server and has been there as long as I can remember.

Fernwood, EP Haderus NA
    Lo Behold, AD Thornblade NA (formerly Haderus, inactive)
  • OdinForge
    OdinForge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was on Haderus (NA, EP) last night. There was no action (aside from laggy Ash), too many red zergs or enemy zergs. Between the lag and the forever in combat bug (forcing me to run on foot everywhere and miss small action) i finally got so burnt out i stopped playing.
    Edited by OdinForge on May 28, 2015 1:17PM
    The Age of Wrobel.
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Too busy to notice....

You play a female character as well. I'd still play it if Geralt were Garalita....who really cares what the gender of a main character is? I'd rather developers as much time as possible make a game as amazing and bug free as possible than worrying about creating a gender neutral game like Bioware did with Mass Effect.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lorkhan wrote: »

It took me about 2 minutes of that before I realized the author of that video is the PvP equivalent of one of the those 1 trick pony stealth bow-gank Nightblades. First indicator was he put story on the easiest mode so "he wouldn't die". I'm playing on the hardest difficult and I regularly fight monsters that are 2-3 times my level(Marked with skulls) and win and it takes many tries and every ounce of skill I possess...if I make 1 mistake I die. Humans are much easier and just because they're level 10 doesn't mean anything...notice that their level is "Green". That means the mobs are easy to kill.

Secondly the targeting system is awesome and easy to understand if you're not a total mouth-breather. Face the direction of the mob you want to attack, hit Z to lock target, Z again to unlock. It's not the games fault he facerolled his way through the tutorials. What a total trashcan review.

Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Same. :( I hate when video games pigeon hole you and wreck your immersion.
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    God_flakes wrote: »

The best game stories have always involved playing a character not of your own making. What breaks your "immersion" are things like Skyrim where people talk to you but never call you by name since your are playing a player created character.

Sure I can understand the issue with females having to play a male character etc but I've enjoyed playing Final Fantasy games with female lead characters not to mention several others and never felt a disconnect. I think this is the difference between a true RPG and an Action-RPG. Action-RPGs typically are played by playing pre-defined characters.
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Alternatively, if the story of Geralt of Rivia wasn't about Geralt of Rivia, it would break my immersion.

This being an issue feels as weird as asking for Lara Croft to become Larry Croft.
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
  • Garion
    Garion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lorkhan wrote: »

Holy Father above this guy is a fudging retard

Edited by Garion on May 28, 2015 4:34PM
    Lastobeth - VR16 Sorc - PvP Rank 41 (AD)
    Lastoblyat - VR16 Templar - PvP Rank 14 (AD)
    Ninja Pete - VR16 NB - PvP Rank 10 (AD)
    Labo the Banana Slayer - VR14 Sorc - PvP Rank 12 (EP)

Member of Banana Squad | Officer of Arena
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The best game stories have always involved playing a character not of your own making. What breaks your "immersion" are things like Skyrim where people talk to you but never call you by name since your are playing a player created character.

Sure I can understand the issue with females having to play a male character etc but I've enjoyed playing Final Fantasy games with female lead characters not to mention several others and never felt a disconnect. I think this is the difference between a true RPG and an Action-RPG. Action-RPGs typically are played by playing pre-defined characters.

Agree with that first statement. Red Dead Redemption comes to mind. Yea it was too easy and the tasks were a little "fetch-y", but damn that game was fun and beautiful. I actually got mad at things happening to Marston because it felt like I was getting screwed over too lol

rip decibel
  • God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My hands down favorite rpg is FONV and FO3. I was able to design a cute little fighter-when she grunted and heaved and ***'d against the ghouls and Raiders she sounded feminine, like me. I play first person so when looking at my weapon I saw female hands. That to me is immersion- and why I played those games for so long. Pre-defined players as ONLY men seems so sexist to me. I mean how hard is it to at least offer a female toon, given so many girls play vidgi games now.
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

My hands down favorite rpg is FONV and FO3. I was able to design a cute little fighter-when she grunted and heaved and ***'d against the ghouls and Raiders she sounded feminine, like me. I play first person so when looking at my weapon I saw female hands. That to me is immersion- and why I played those games for so long. Pre-defined players as ONLY men seems so sexist to me. I mean how hard is it to at least offer a female toon, given so many girls play vidgi games now.

What a can of worms.

As I said I can see your point of view. I would hardly call it "sexist" however. Sure the majority of "Badass" characters in gaming history have been male but there have been plenty of female characters that were just as awesome to play as well. Agrippa mention Laura Croft and the recent reboot was one of my favorite action games of all time. Never felt any issue playing as her. Then there is Bayonetta another awesome game.

I don't know I just don't get this whole "every game should have a male and female character option" concept. The most engrossing stories have to be specifically crafted for a specific character to be totally immersive. I felt Mass Effect lost something when they switched to the whole "Femshep" concept in the writing....and it just wasn't as believable to me. I guarantee weeks of extra time was spent working through male and female dialogues and gender-specific options that could have been spent making the story better instead (#thatendingsucked). To me it seems far more sexist to require games be crafted as gender neutral than to have a mix of strong male and female protagonists.

I mean if you're looking for purely female oriented games you can always go pick up the latest copy of "Snuggle Truck" right? @Cinnamon_Spider :P~
    Edited by Ezareth on May 28, 2015 5:15PM
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • qsnoopyjr
    qsnoopyjr
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm level 40 right now.

Plan on coming to this server too.

I mean, place in top 50 in a 30 day server and receive a masters gold.
    Place top 50 in a 7 day server and receive a masters gold.

Why on Earth play a 30 day server?
  • Fruitdog
    Fruitdog
    ✭✭✭✭
    qsnoopyjr wrote: »
    I'm level 40 right now.

I've gotten 3 master's weapons in a 30 day campaign in the past.
  • God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What a can of worms.

As I said I can see your point of view. I would hardly call it "sexist" however. Sure the majority of "Badass" characters in gaming history have been male but there have been plenty of female characters that were just as awesome to play as well. Agrippa mention Laura Croft and the recent reboot was one of my favorite action games of all time. Never felt any issue playing as her. Then there is Bayonetta another awesome game.

I don't know I just don't get this whole "every game should have a male and female character option" concept. The most engrossing stories have to be specifically crafted for a specific character to be totally immersive. I felt Mass Effect lost something when they switched to the whole "Femshep" concept in the writing....and it just wasn't as believable to me. I guarantee weeks of extra time was spent working through male and female dialogues and gender-specific options that could have been spent making the story better instead (#thatendingsucked). To me it seems far more sexist to require games be crafted as gender neutral than to have a mix of strong male and female protagonists.

I mean if you're looking for purely female oriented games you can always go pick up the latest copy of "Snuggle Truck" right? @Cinnamon_Spider :P~

No no I certainly don't think the RPG industry should change to suit female players like me. I just think more game developers should take a cue from Bethesda and orient more games for chicks. I haven't played most of those other games you mentioned- and I ONLY game on PC so sometimes this limits me as well. But of all the games I have played-the most immersive for me have been the ones where I can be a female- and I play purely to kill, fight, take out aggression and explore maps and not necessarily for in depth stories. I guess to each their own, eh?
  • AhPook_Is_Here
    AhPook_Is_Here
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm level 40 right now.

well you can get more than one on a 30 day. Last round I had 3.
    “Whatever.”
    -Unknown American
  • vortexman11
    vortexman11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm level 40 right now.

You get five items at the end of 30 campaigns, I believe Haderus gives one.

If you're looking for rewards I've heard of people spending a week in Haderus to get the one reward. Moving to Chillrend (14 day campaign) when theres only one week left and getting the 2 rewards (I think its 2) then moving to Azuras Star/Thornblade for the last week of those ones and try to get up top in order to get those 5 rewards, thus getting 8 rewards in the span of a month.
    Edited by vortexman11 on May 28, 2015 6:17PM
    Guild of Shadows ~Elite~
    Învictus ~Council~

EP | Vortexman | Dunmer DragonKnight | LvL 50 | Rank 50 | Former Emperor of Haderus & Chillrend |
    EP | Phobos | Altmer Nightblade | LvL 50 | Rank 26 |
    EP | Cheezus Sliced | Argonian Templar | LvL 50 | Rank 30 |
    EP | Eterno Tempesta | Altmer Sorcerer | LvL 50 | Rank 33 |
    DC | Vortexman | Dunmer DragonKnight | LvL 50 | Rank 12 |
    DC | Divine Storm | Altmer Sorcerer | LvL 50 | Rank 04 |
    EP | Pocket Vortex | Bosmer Templar | LvL 50 | Rank 24 |
    EP | Vortexman | Redguard DragonKnight | LvL 50 | Rank 28 |
    EP | Fungal Growth | Argonian Warden | LvL 50 | Rank 26 |
    EP | Eternal Guardian | Bosmer Warden | LvL 50 | Rank 13 |
    and a few other random toons

Teaching by example > https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/5479085#Comment_5479085
  • Weberda
    Weberda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm level 40 right now.

You get five items at the end of 30 campaigns, I believe Haderus gives one.

If you're looking for rewards I've heard of people spending a week in Haderus to get the one reward. Moving to Chillrend (14 day campaign) when theres only one week left and getting the 2 rewards (I think its 2) then moving to Azuras Star/Thornblade for the last week of those ones and try to get up top in order to get those 5 rewards, thus getting 8 rewards in the span of a month.

"Award Farming"? Geez. So much for loyalty to the cause.

Fernwood, EP Haderus NA
    Lo Behold, AD Thornblade NA (formerly Haderus, inactive)
  • Darklord_Tiberius
    Darklord_Tiberius
    ✭✭✭✭
    People still care about getting booty from the PvP campaign rewards? I was unaware this was still a thing....
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    People still care about getting booty from the PvP campaign rewards? I was unaware this was still a thing....

Gimme ma gold deconstructs!
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • WarrioroftheWind_ESO
    WarrioroftheWind_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

What a can of worms.

You opened it ;)

Immersion really is in the mind of the player. I can feel just as much immersed in Mount and Blade as I would Fallout NV because it is openended and I can do what ever the fudge I want. For some people immersion lies purely in the enjoyment, and I don't have to have my name told to me because I know unlike games like Morrowind where all dialogue was text based, the technology doesn't exist today to make voice simulation recreate player names without sounding like the voiceover on Ventrillo. If I'm wolfing out in Skyrim I don't feel its at all immersion breaking when I run into a Thief that demands my valuables. I find it funny and I can either pay him and he'll run off without a care or I can murder and eat him. The option's there. Thats my immersion, whereas others might object to things like say ground oils, or guild names with "X enemy player is a *** and has tiny balls" as a keep name on the basis that its 'immersion breaking'. To each their own.

But given your remarks a few months ago I suppose it escapes you that it is somewhat of a problem in some development studios where the corporate ass monkeys actually demand female roles be diminished, even as leads, and with the exception of sandbox games or indie games, its very hard to find a 'mainstream' female lead. *cough* bioshock*cough*.

My only exceptions to my "no dudes" rule is DE: HR and OMD, the former because it was a kind of curiousity since I'd never played the classic original, and the second because the franchise pack was on sale for like 10 bucks. I've had friends recommend stuff like DA:I and POE, but it just doesn't strike my fancy both because of my limited income and currently ESO hogs most of my time. It's like my Mom puts it: my Dad can spend hundreds of dollars a year on ciarrettes and its literally money up in smoke, but here I can buy my games and those will last me for YEARS.