Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

*Spoilers* How did Rurelion/Gathwen from the quest "Tears of the Two Moons" end up in elden root?

Killaz
Killaz
Soul Shriven
Yeah as the title says, how did they both end up there? At the end of the quest chain I remember very clearly (since I spent about 10-15 min agonizing over who I should leave behind) that you had to choose one of them to become traped inside of the Temple of Mourning Springs. Imagine my surprise when I found both of them in Elden Roots' mages guild perfectly fine and unharmed without any kind of explanation over HOW they got out.

For all I care they could have blown up the temple, summoned Akatosh himself or became vampires and ate Uldor somehow. I really don't care, I just NEED to know because right now it feels like they just went "Whaaat? You thought I was trapped forever? Hah! I freed myself within 15 minutes after left after you left along with completly destroying Uldors soul, something you couldn't manage. Noob!" and it's driving me freaking insane xD
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funny, I don't remember them both being there. Will have to check again.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • NovaMarx
    NovaMarx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not doubting what you think you experienced, but only one of them should be there. I chose Gathwen, and she is the only one of the two who shows up in Elden Root. Do you have a screenshot of this? Because if they are both truly there, it's a bug.
    She also appears later in the game, and references to her continued effort to get Rurelion out. Rurelion does not show up again, at least not to my knowledge.
    "Feet are for walking. Hands are for hitting. Or shaking. Or waving. Sometimes for clapping."
    - M'aiq the Liar
  • theBlackRabbit1
    theBlackRabbit1
    Soul Shriven
    In the quest if you choose Rurelion he states he will find a way to free her. I wonder if you choose him he ends up saving her, but if you choose Gathwen, since she is more a novice, Rurelion remains trapped. It might explain why some people have different NPCs showing up in Elden Root.
  • liadann
    liadann
    ✭✭
    In the quest if you choose Rurelion he states he will find a way to free her. I wonder if you choose him he ends up saving her, but if you choose Gathwen, since she is more a novice, Rurelion remains trapped. It might explain why some people have different NPCs showing up in Elden Root.

You might be right, but the quest is a bit buggy.
    The first time I did this quest I left Rurelion behind and then found Gathwen and Ealcil in Elden Root trying to find a way to free him, but the second time I did it I chose Gathwen to stay behind and when I went back to Elden Root I found them both. Now, here is where it gets buggy. When I talk to Rurelion he states that he is happy that Gathwen is safe and free from Uldor, but when I talk to Gathwen she responds as if Rurelion was the one who was trapped, which was not the case here. :/
    PC | EU
    "May Y'ffre guide your path."