The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

About champion points.

Uri
Uri
I am pretty new in this game, I am lvl 25 currently, but like in all previous mmo games I played I am aiming to PvP.

I was reading about CP and I didn't found a cap about it. There is not a cap? Is a continuous bonus and a never ending race against player who maybe have more time to play? That bonus looks insane in paper, is really that unfair a fight both full geared of a new VR14 and an pretty old one in terms of stats because CP? or is a small advantage? Like 70 vs 2000 CP? IDK if someone right now have like 2000 CP but without cap it will.
  • LameoveR
    LameoveR
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's 3600 CP atm.
    It's almost 25% advantage :)
    Edited by LameoveR on May 27, 2015 1:05PM
  • Molsondry
    Molsondry
    ✭✭✭
    25% is way too much they should cap this at 360
    v9 Sorcerer
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    25% is the pure stat advantage on top of that are 25% ability and mitigation modifications wich are on top rounded by insanly overpowered passives.

so yes the entire system makes it impossible to overcome some one with a CP advantage.
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• Uri
    Uri
    Well, this is pretty sad. Feel like too much advantage is someone get enough CP. I know that in all games you need to grind or farm to catch up old players, and anyways old players have more experience and skill playing the game as a natural advantage.

Seems like in this game they have a stat advantage too., feel like a korean mmo... Maybe wrong game to me to do pvp.

I don't like the perma grind race to play pvp.
  • LameoveR
    LameoveR
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh no, korean grinding, what we gonna do?!

You'll get about 90 CP before you hit VR14.
  • Uri
    Uri
    LameoveR wrote: »
    Oh no, korean grinding, what we gonna do?!

You'll get about 90 CP before you hit VR14.

But how hard is to get like 200+? or even more? I am asking because I don't know. I was reading about pretty hard farm and a really long time (like crafting traits) to get a high amount of CP. Are easy to get or is a long run?

• Snit
    Snit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CP's provide a powerful advantage, but there are a few things to keep in mind:

- Nobody has 3,600 CP, and nobody will for a very long time. Top-end all-day grinders are probably around 300. The majority of regular players are probably in the 140 - 190 range now
    - If you play for two to three hours per day, you'll probably earn one per day. The first one each day goes quickly, due to Enlightenment (you get one per 24 hours at a 4xrate)
    - If you play a *lot* every day, you're probably getting one and a half to two and a half per day
    - The most important points are the first 90. This is partly because of diminishing returns, and partly because of two specific lower-end passives (12% crit in spell/ weapon attacks) available at that point

Presumably, ZOS will provide some catch-up mechanisms for players who start playing in the future.
    Snit AD Sorc
    Ratbag AD Warden Tank
    Goblins AD Stamblade

• Mauz
    Mauz
    ✭✭✭
    It's 3600 CP atm.

It's much more than 25%. It's the difference between endless sustain vs running out of resources together with having at the same time more resources, higher crit chance, higher crit values, more dmg, more armor, more resist together with some passives. For each of it it's 20%.

A toon with 0 cps will definitely suck against a toon with 3600, it's even a recognizable difference against a toon with only 360 cp in my opinion what some ppl already have. The only difference is that they cannot have super high burst and super high sustain or survivability at the same time.

It's a good system to keep power gamers motivated for years but...
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Snit wrote: »
    Top-end all-day grinders are probably around 300. The majority of regular players are probably in the 140 - 190 range now

I agree with the rest of your post, but you KNOW there has got to be people out there sitting on 500-600 CP already. I forget when the last time ZOS mentioned what the TOP amount of CP currently in game was, but I believe it was 250 or something and that was months (maybe singular) ago.
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Uri wrote: »
    I am pretty new in this game, I am lvl 25 currently, but like in all previous mmo games I played I am aiming to PvP.

I was reading about CP and I didn't found a cap about it. There is not a cap? Is a continuous bonus and a never ending race against player who maybe have more time to play? That bonus looks insane in paper, is really that unfair a fight both full geared of a new VR14 and an pretty old one in terms of stats because CP? or is a small advantage? Like 70 vs 2000 CP? IDK if someone right now have like 2000 CP but without cap it will.

The advantage is huge. A 3600 CP player could solo an emperor with no CP easily. On PTS with 3600 CP I was soloing Keeps easily.

That said, Eric Wroebel said there will be some form of catch up mechanic implemented in the future.

The top grinders are at or past 500 CP now but those are only a few people. Most of the top players recently past the 200 mark and the casuals are around 150 or so.

This game has far bigger problems than the champion system inequality.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • k2blader
    k2blader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mauz wrote: »
    It's 3600 CP atm.

It's much more than 25%. It's the difference between endless sustain vs running out of resources together with having at the same time more resources, higher crit chance, higher crit values, more dmg, more armor, more resist together with some passives. For each of it it's 20%.

A toon with 0 cps will definitely suck against a toon with 3600, it's even a recognizable difference against a toon with only 360 cp in my opinion what some ppl already have. The only difference is that they cannot have super high burst and super high sustain or survivability at the same time.

It's a good system to keep power gamers motivated for years but...

What makes me wonder is how it's even fun for power gamers. Easily squashing "noobs" should get boring pretty darn fast.
    Disabling the grass may improve performance.
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's 3600 CP atm.

It's way more than that. With 3600 CP you are stronger than an emperor with 0 CP...
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Spend day in day out grinding Goblins in a cave -> become stronger in PvP.
  • pppontus
    pppontus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Champion Points is yet another stupid and rushed idea to introduce more shinies for the casual crowd that will in the end only serve to make the casuals get stomped that much harder. And of course also to hide the fact that there's no content and no balance or gameplay fixes to come for months.

Who the *** makes decisions around here..
    Edited by pppontus on May 28, 2015 11:08AM
  • Sureshawt
    Sureshawt
    ✭✭✭✭
    pppontus wrote: »
    Champion Points is yet another stupid and rushed idea to introduce more shinies for the casual crowd that will in the end only serve to make the casuals get stomped that much harder. And of course also to hide the fact that there's no content and no balance or gameplay fixes to come for months.

I agree the idea wasn't thought through and I hate the idea of spending some of my limited play time earning CPs in ways not related to PvP. However, this had nothing to do with "adding shinies for the casual crowd". These 'shinies' we added for the progression crowd. You know ....the ones that always feel the need to be progressing/grinding their characters.

The only redeeming aspect of the CP system is that it is capped at a very high amount which should shut up the hard core progression crowd up for about ~3 years (hopefully more).

Edited by Sureshawt on May 28, 2015 10:27PM
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lava_Croft wrote: »
    Spend day in day out grinding Goblins in a cave -> become stronger in PvP.
    Or just buy couple potions from crown store that grants 200% bonus xp for PvP kills.
    Say hello to P2W. Say hello to more zergzergzerg. Avaible in Christmass Exclusive Pack with Santa hat! Only for 2k crowns!
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • Jahosefat
    Jahosefat
    ✭✭✭✭
    Uri wrote: »
    feel like a korean mmo... Maybe wrong game to me to do pvp.

I don't like the perma grind race to play pvp.

IMO champ points were the last nail in the coffin for this game as a big PVP title. There were plenty of other nails (hello lag) but an endless multi-year grind in a game with few updates to just at least be on an equal footing with all day grinders? No thanks.

Joeshock- AD NA AB Thorn Chill Sorc New Eden Low Sec Roamer

Fight not with monsters lest ye become one
  • Sharkano
    Sharkano
    ✭✭✭✭
    The cp system is not as bad as made to sound here. A ton of the points are in useless items you don't need. Guys with 960 or so will have come close to maxxing out the really effective parts of cp. Even 360 or so is like 50%+ of the good stuff. Everyone should stop the whining.
  • k2blader
    k2blader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pppontus wrote: »

Wha'? lol. I'm super casual and never liked a thing about the CP system, nor do I see any "shinies" in my future beyond brighter flashes before my eyes when I get blown up. The 2nd sentence I do agree with.

Disabling the grass may improve performance.
  • iseko
    iseko
    ✭✭✭✭
    75543.jpg

Close enough
  • Eglath
    Eglath
    ✭✭✭
    Remember that putting CPs also increases your stats as well. Ex. Mage CPs increase magica and so on. So person with lots of CPs will not only we tougher, deal more dmg and have better resource management, but also have more stats. Which will create a giant gap between new and old players.
    Vinyamar - AD vr14 sorc RANK: 30
    RAGE Core
    Abandoned Legion Officer
  • AssaultLemming
    AssaultLemming
    ✭✭✭✭
    My theory is that they will introduce a mechanism where people with less champ points get more enlightenment, it seems the most straightforward mechanics to play catch up. I.e. Under 100 champ points get 10x enlightenment, 100 to 200 get 9x, 200 to 300 get 8x etc etc.