The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Cant craft set gear higher than lvl 14

NpcOnStrike
i got 4 traits researched for daggers but i cant craft lvl 16 Torug's Pact daggers only lvl 14 ?
can anyone help (got all the materials )
  • KanedaSyndrome
    KanedaSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have you invested skill points into the smithing skill line? You need to unlock the next tier by investing a skill point.
    KanedaSyndrome's Suggestions For Game Improvements
    The Fortuitous Collapse of the Wave Equation
    The Best Plans Require No Action
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i got 4 traits researched for daggers but i cant craft lvl 16 Torug's Pact daggers only lvl 14 ?

Its has been a while since I made a low level Crafted Set, but I do remember something else about them. Besides the above post talking about Material Level, some Crafted Sets have a minimum level to be made. Either you can't make the gear, or, you don't get all the set bonuses. Most of the minimum levels are quite low, but I tend to not make any Crafted Sets until characters are in the L30's. Reason, the set bonuses are quite small even if you get them all.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Tallowby
    Tallowby
    ✭✭✭

In order to create higher level Blacksmithing Gear you need to spend Skill Points in the Metalworking skill line. If you spent 1 point you will be able to make level 16-24 gear. Add an additional point then 26-34... ect

BTW, Blacksmithing level needs to be at lv 5 to unlock the ability to spend that first skill point

Trait research has no bearing on the level of crafted items.

If you have excel the link in my sig. will help you thru the leveling of crafting in general.
    Edited by Tallowby on May 26, 2015 8:52PM
    NEED THE HELP OF A 9 TRAIT MASTER CRAFTER ON XBOX ONE NA - ALL STYLES LIST ---> My known Styles
    Tallowby's Crafter Aid ...... CONSOLE - How to run a DPS Test

XBOX ONE NA - Guild The OTG (accepting applications)
    Arden Sul | Bosmer | Nightblade | CP160/531 | 9 Trait Master Crafter |
    Tallowby | Imperial | Templar | CP160/531 | 9 Trait Master Crafter | EVERY STYLE KNOWN!
    Freya Bolt | Altmer | Sorcerer | CP160/531 | Master Crafter |
    Wacko Smacko | Imperial | Dragon Knight | CP160/531 | Master Crafter |