The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Questions for the good Magicka heavy armor DKs out there.

Trayyacakes
Trayyacakes
✭✭✭✭
Ok as the title says I have some questions for the good heavy armor magicka DKs out there.

1. How do you go about killing magicka sorcerors? I stun them when they don't have immunity, but breaking through all three shields seems almost impossible. I run out of magicka do to the heavy armor long before they do. Their Mines make melee a bit dangerous. How do you deal with them?
2. When whips is made dodgeable in the next patch will you stay magicka? It seems silly to have magicka melee be affected by annulment and dodge while stam melee is only affected by dodge. Will there still be any benefit to staying magicka?
3. When whips is made dodgeable if you don't stay magicka will you stay in heavy armor, or will you switch to medium and dodging attacks is much better defense than blocking them?

Thanks in advanced for all your replies/advice.
Bjorn Uldnost
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hold up, did they explicitly post somewhere that whip can be dodged next patch? Did they include the other classes skills that can't be dodged with that change?

If that's true, dodge cost reduction needs to be severely nerfed in the medium armor line and we need softcaps on regen. Magicka builds would literally not be able to touch stamina.
    Edited by Draxys on May 24, 2015 7:22PM

rip decibel
  • Trayyacakes
    Trayyacakes
    ✭✭✭✭
    Eso live mentioned whips and concealed weapons should be dodgeable, and that it will be fixed next patch.
    Bjorn Uldnost
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    great

rip decibel
  • xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thats *** bs! I keep trying to tell people rolling is ok because its easy to counter.......nope! I was even about to reroll a magicka nb just so that I would at least wreck the current fotm.......NOPE! Why don't they just make it immune to everything so all we see in cyrodiil is roll spammers as far as the eye can see. I was going to play a heavy/light magicka nb tank/dps hybrid with the sole purpose of ending my annoying brothers. UGH! Plan was to have a shield and resto staff so I could tank any damage they could deal out and once they started to roll away I would mark em and concealed weapon them to death. They would have been so defenseless......... Such unbridled fun would have been had at the expense of those rolling apes! =( I would have become a folk hero for pvers everywhere, "have you heard of that man who kills the gankers?" "I heard hes pretty dope and makes them look like fools, so that we can continue to farm dungeons." FANTASY AVERTED THANKS ZENIMAX!
    I wrote a poem that I titled, "The ganker's delight."

As you lay upon the ground, cry not little pawn.
    The pain will pass as quickly as my blade did take you,
    but my delight will last and you will respawn.
    My heart simply cannot contain my joy, when I ply my trade.

The fault lies with you, your skill was lacking.
    Now your salt is mine forever, can't you hear the laughing?
    Once you were so proud and now you are reduced to this.
    A miserable, loud deuced fool.

With every tear you drip, with every excuse you let slip.
    All of your insecurities and worries bring a smile to my lip.
    From your despair I have ripped endless glories,
    but our affair is over now. Be afraid for I will return for more.

I have received many titles, to my allies I am The sniper Emperor and Grand champion hero of the Pact. However these titles mean little to me, it is the ones given to me by my victims that I prefer. To them I am "Xv1er", "trash", "no balls", "zerger", "noob", "cringe", "no skill", "camper", "100% new", "the reason this game is dying", "pathetic", "a sack of piece of [snip]", "mediocre", "absolute inbred", "beyond a virgin", "ganky dork", "fat smelly 40yr old virgin", "little girl", "daddy", "exploiting loser", and every [snipped] word known to man.
  • Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    TCAHMOm.jpg
    POST EQVITEM SEDET ATRA CVRA
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm not sure how balance will be if they are made dodge able... Will have to see what else they change
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xsorus wrote: »
    Hmmm not sure how balance will be if they are made dodge able... Will have to see what else they change

Dude, it ain't that hard to figure it out. Have fun structure entropying them to death.
    Edited by Joy_Division on May 25, 2015 6:02AM
  • Oughash
    Oughash
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'll actually answer the questions.

1. You don't. Or at least I don't. In 5H you should have absolutely zero problem tanking their DMG. Just try to disengage because they can run away forever and DKs have no reliable way to chase. If you're set on beating them, you have to try to land a fossilize plus meteor (or leap) combo while being in their face so you can add whips.
    2. Whips being didgeable will have to be accompanied by a significant list of other balance changes. I will wait and see what they do.
    3. Will wait and see.
  • Zsymon
    Zsymon
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't think dodge is really overpowered, it's weaker than spamming Hardened Ward, since you can attack while you're shielded, but making more skills dodgeable is not the answer, there should be a set of viable skills that ignore dodge, as there is now, at least for magicka builds.

Nerfing dodge though, will result in stamina builds being AP fodder again, like they used to be, because damage is too high and health is too low. Spamming dodge or Sorc Ward is the only way to survive any length of time anymore.
    Edited by Zsymon on May 25, 2015 12:19PM
  • DoctorSwampy
    DoctorSwampy
    ✭✭✭
    Xsorus wrote: »

Dude, it ain't that hard to figure it out. Have fun structure entropying them to death.
    Even that's going to be dodgeable. All abilities are becoming dodgeable according to devs from what I've seen and heard.
    Ok as the title says I have some questions for the good heavy armor magicka DKs out there.

1. How do you go about killing magicka sorcerors? I stun them when they don't have immunity, but breaking through all three shields seems almost impossible. I run out of magicka do to the heavy armor long before they do. Their Mines make melee a bit dangerous. How do you deal with them?
    2. When whips is made dodgeable in the next patch will you stay magicka? It seems silly to have magicka melee be affected by annulment and dodge while stam melee is only affected by dodge. Will there still be any benefit to staying magicka?
    3. When whips is made dodgeable if you don't stay magicka will you stay in heavy armor, or will you switch to medium and dodging attacks is much better defense than blocking them?

Thanks in advanced for all your replies/advice.
    I just avoid Sorcs, they'll just run. Same thing with dodge rollers, no point in giving them the time of day because there's no point chasing a lost cause.
    Ishammael wrote: »
    I'll actually answer the questions.

1. You don't. Or at least I don't. In 5H you should have absolutely zero problem tanking their DMG. Just try to disengage because they can run away forever and DKs have no reliable way to chase. If you're set on beating them, you have to try to land a fossilize plus meteor (or leap) combo while being in their face so you can add whips.
    2. Whips being didgeable will have to be accompanied by a significant list of other balance changes. I will wait and see what they do.
    3. Will wait and see.

^ This. Couldn't have said it better, Ish.
    Edited by DoctorSwampy on May 26, 2015 1:11PM
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    (not suggesting I'm good)
    1. The only time I have killed good sorcs is by making them screw up and try to burst me with overloads that get reflected along with a good timed ultimate drop. If they think they are going to lose they will just press their do over button and bolt away.

You don't have to die to them either, if you are built well you can just ignore them until they go away or you reach your destination. Well most sorcs will, there is one that will try and fight you even if it takes an hour to win. You can also troll them back by finding a rock. Just circle kite the rock and it will cancel their inevitable det leaving them with nothing but curses and staff attacks that can be reflected. They will try and bolt but they will over shoot their mark. It's good trolling fun against a troll build.

2. Yeah. Just because it's the way I want to play. I can't do the whole WB spam thing, it's mind numbingly boring and I can't stand the sound. It's almost the only sound I hear in PvP. Clink clink clink clink clink from a herd of WB spammers hugging my face. The whole Nuke, CC, Buff on one skill is just a bad design decision. With everything on 1 button, why press another button?

3. Staying light, just to spite ZOS.
    Edited by Armitas on May 26, 2015 7:25PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5-heavy tank DK can't kill a sorc unless u can stop them on their track. that involves a few tricks such as fossilize or wrecking blow or talons... but even then, they can still just run away. just dont chase them and whittle them with reflecting scale...

and whats the deal with dodge changes? sure its a change, but i dont see it as a MAJOR upset. i mean, i dont fight a lot of perma-dodger in cyrodiil.... a few, sure. i just DoT them and let them run around until their stamina is out. unstable flame and fiery breath, and switch to poison bow skills if they get too far.

then again, i dont use the whip anymore... (ever since they freakin nerf stampede........ )(...and that allows u to get a free whip)
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • eliisra
    eliisra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Than a few hours later the stamblade + sorc Mafia found this thread and added some valuable input:

1. Heavy armor DK shouldn't do any dmg, because tank and indented.

2. Light armor DK should just go die because intended. Their fault for not escaping while wearing LA armor.

3. DK's 1.5 god-mode perma block so now clearly l2p issues.

4. Stamina NB's need to dodge bot with hard capped spell res or they cant Uppercunt you for 25k and Cloak is broke.

5. Sorcerer are unable to slot any heals, they need a 15k+ shield and Bolt Escape while bunny jumping like retardos waiting for CF to proc. Much timing and skill goes into that specific rotation. Why not try Fiery Grip, really good for pulling mages!

Topic: I worship the lasts standing old school DK's, they're rare and also the only one's not dodging, cloaking or blinking away, leaving the templar alone to die :bawling:

#Buff DK's
  • ItsRejectz
    ItsRejectz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only issue with nerfing dodge (increasing its cost) is people who don't spec heavily into it will be massively gimped and end up using a most of their stamina with a single roll.

Anyway, imo they should bring back soft caps! You never had people dodging/shield spamimg/bolting anywhere as near as much prior to 1.6
    Xbox EU - GT: o69 Woody 69o

VR16 Sorc: Vlad V Impaler
    VR16 Sorc: Yes it's Woody
    VR16 NB: Prince of Wallachia
    VR16 Templar: Sir Lancelot the Brave
    VR16 DK: I'm Better Than You

• Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish DK's chain gives its target 15 sec debuff...

...of not being able to use any gap-closer/teleport skill.
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber