The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Does Zenimax Care About PvP?

• ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not at all, they don't communicate with us, they don't fix broken mechanics, do they even play the game?
    Ley wrote: »
    This poll is way too biased for my liking.

To think that they don't care about their game is just silly, I accept that pvp matters are infinitely more complicated that pve matters, so we don't get to see as much progress in pvp as we'd like.

That is sure part of the problem, but PvP also attracts less people usually, but whatever the reasons are, ZOS seems to invest less manpower and money into PvP.
    Sure, the PvP department will care a lot, but if it has no priority they can't do much.
    And no priority is pretty much what this poll is about, of course they would care if it wouldn't cost them anything.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sort of, issues get fixed relatively fast!
    Go to drakelow, look at the "steps" on the west side that lead up to the outer wall. you will find your answer there.
    Edited by Armitas on May 25, 2015 6:03PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Armitas wrote: »
    Go to drakelow, look at the "steps" on the west side that lead up to the outer wall. you will find your answer there.

Don't get it....
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Did you go there? Oh it actually loaded today. There's usually no platform there.
    Edited by Armitas on May 25, 2015 6:33PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you go there? Oh it actually loaded today. There's usually no platform there.

See? They do care.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not at all, they don't communicate with us, they don't fix broken mechanics, do they even play the game?
    Top of Chalman Milegate is another one of those no-brainer fixes. The weirdly semi-invisible (apparently only visible to some, not to others) rock(s) just west of Aleswell is another great example.
    Edited by Lava_Croft on May 25, 2015 6:47PM
  • PeggymoeXD
    PeggymoeXD
    ✭✭✭✭

To think that they don't care about their game is just silly, I accept that pvp matters are infinitely more complicated that pve matters, so we don't get to see as much progress in pvp as we'd like.

If they had shown more effort within this past year, I'd agree with you. But look at the facts. Not a single improvement since launch. Only having mercs, FC's, and misc skill functions removed. Because it's just easier to take something out than to worry about fixing it.
    Kitty DK

Vanguärd
    Învictus
    Sun's Death
    EPHS

- Peggy Moe - Look Mom No Emp Buff - Chalman - Linda the Zookeeper -
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    PeggymoeXD wrote: »

If they had shown more effort within this past year, I'd agree with you. But look at the facts. Not a single improvement since launch. Only having mercs, FC's, and misc skill functions removed. Because it's just easier to take something out than to worry about fixing it.
    That is not entirely true though. They made quite a few smaller (read: easy to perform) changes to AvA over the course of the past year, but those little gems do not glimmer enough to be noticed in the sea of liquid feces.
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

See? They do care.

until tomorrow, when it's gone again. But yeah they do care, just being funny.
    Edited by Armitas on May 25, 2015 6:51PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Legedric
    Legedric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Simple answer: No.
    Legedric the Flamedancer ► - Redguard Dragon Knight
    Legedric the Stormdancer ► - Altmer Sorcerer
    Legedric the Sundancer ► - Altmer Templar

EU | DRUCKWELLE - Retter des Kaiserreiches
  • ForTheRealm
    ForTheRealm
    ✭✭✭
    I can understand they might be busy with consoles and thus PvP is not priority in fixing/implementation, but lack of communication in this area is really shameful.
    If I see ZoS on that forum is just about moderating discussions and avoiding topics, e.g. they closed a discussion about lagsploit, explaining "We are closing this thread as we do not believe discussions about "lagsploiting" are constructive ". LOL (hysterically)
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Really tempted to choose the last option, since I don't really PVP. >:) But the answer that is being overhelming chosen applies equally to PVE. I really don't give a rodent's behind if the console version is coming. That is not an excuse to ignore the people who paid for the game and for a subscription. If programmer salaries was the reason why no resources were spent trying to fix the game, they could have outsourced it to India or China :o . If this game wasn't so damn addictive, the lack of respect shown to the players by ignoring issues would have forced me to leave already.

When it comes to this game, I feel like a mushroom, cuz we are kept in the dark and fed bull shiz.
    256005025_acc2c22c27_z.jpg
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    no
    R.I.P Dawnbreaker / Auriel´s Bow
    Member of the Arena Guild and the overpowered Banana Squad.
    Nathaerizh aka Cat - Nightblade V16 - EU

- Meow -
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, while they do not communicate with us much, they still fix important issues in a timely manner!
    Oh, I figured this was a troll thread, my bad..

Not a single pvp content update since launch and a huge class imbalance (at least until 1.6) should answer the OP's question right?
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_PaulSage

You guys should vote too, everyones opinion matters!
  • Kypho
    Kypho
    ✭✭✭✭
    Noone cares about pvp because pve pays better. and its just an MMORPG crap, what is not pvp focused, so they give a [snip]. Plus B2P, F2P, P2W wont care about pvp. They throw a bone sometimes, but money will come from the regular MMORPG zombies, who just love to grind 20h per day, and buy the strongest BS what the devs put into store(p2w).

All MMORPG are same: 95% raid/grind zombies, who doing the same crap every day, or more times a day, they want to reach everything fast, with multiple characters. They are like viruses. They do that gameplay in every game what has experience points.
    Like when the MMORPG brainless grindzombies invaded GTA5. They infested it like a virus, and grinded all type of gameplay mindless, bought all crap within a pair week, reached lvl 100+. I dont think they knew why they do it, they must be geneticaly programed to be zombies when they see a game what has levels. Gene kicks in, brain off, they start to grind without enjoying the game.
    The easier the game the better, ai should be weak scripted crap like in ESO, and every zombie is happy, they can do same thing all over again, even kill 10^999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 mob to gain +1 level.
    Put some shiny items into store, the zombies will pay for it for sure.

You pvpers: You want to play against ppl, why? because its hard, unpredictable (well should be, but eso is crap......), but harder for sure! You go with zerg, or you solo something, what is not scripted, easy AI, you fight for something, but for a reward what is a joke....still you dont give up, you continue fighting. Most of you just dont give up the fight, asking devs for something, like balance, new content, fix, all you get: L2P, You cant balance MMORPG (lol), and from the zombie breeder ZoS, you get this: *silence*

Just give up, you wont get the pvp you want. You didnt get it till now, you will never get it. MMORPG=game of zombies

ps.: my first and last trial: a friend invited me, we joined TS, and have listened for half hour, what to do, when, what to use, when to use, where to move, etc.... I was like wtf, they know every move, know what the ai will do, when, how can this be so fun.....Its not fun if you arent a zombie. I bet those ppl can do it with closed eye, one hand. For me, it was boring and annoying. They learned every crap, and done it many many times.... LoL at PvE

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Cursing & Profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on May 31, 2015 1:38AM
  • Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread has not been moderated/closed yet :# What is happening...
    Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! - Spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them!
  • Kypho
    Kypho
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ourorboros wrote: »
    Really tempted to choose the last option, since I don't really PVP. >:) But the answer that is being overhelming chosen applies equally to PVE. I really don't give a rodent's behind if the console version is coming. That is not an excuse to ignore the people who paid for the game and for a subscription. If programmer salaries was the reason why no resources were spent trying to fix the game, they could have outsourced it to India or China :o . If this game wasn't so damn addictive, the lack of respect shown to the players by ignoring issues would have forced me to leave already.

When it comes to this game, I feel like a mushroom, cuz we are kept in the dark and fed bull shiz.
    256005025_acc2c22c27_z.jpg

You meant this one?:
    arts-graphics-2007_1179605a.jpg
  • Driade
    Driade
    Teargrants wrote: »
    I'll just leave this here...
    Featuring three-sided Player vs. Player (PvP) gameplay, The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited supports hundreds of players on screen at once in an open world fight for control of Cyrodiil. Seize, hold, and control the resources of massive strongholds. Utilize massive siege weapons to crumble fortress walls and smash through fortified gates. Conquer the Imperial City, and your alliance's top player could even be crowned Emperor!

The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited features the largest PvP battles seen in a major online RPG. The game supports hundreds of onscreen players in epic battles. Swords and axes collide, spells and powers illuminate the ground and sky, and fires rage on embattled stronghold walls. Will you survive these epic battles? Can your overwhelming force take the keep, or will you be forced to retreat?

Well, the game is actually in the shape they advertise it because you can really see hundreds of players on your screen.
    Nowhere they say you will be able to play the game at this scenario so its also following they advertise...
    You also do see massive overwhelming force - all 24 player on one square metre.

So good job Zenimax.Good job...
    When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
    It is the same when you are stupid.
  • Snit
    Snit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who knows? They lack either direction, resources or something else, but I'm not sure we can tell which.
    Snit AD Sorc
    Ratbag AD Warden Tank
    Goblins AD Stamblade

• cozmon3c_ESO
    cozmon3c_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if it runs this *** on pc, i cant wait to hear the whines from the console players lol.
    Guild UMBRA Chapter Lead
    ~Leper Si -V14 Sorcerer~
    Youtube Channel - Leper
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCozmon3c/videos
  • bosmern_ESO
    bosmern_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haven't gotten a single PvP update, everything that is coming in the years to come is PvE.

Don't even say that Imperial City is going to be mainly PvP because its not, people datamined the Achievements for the Imperial city and there is not a single achievement for pvp its all "Kill this boss! Do this dungeon! Kill X amount of mobs in this dungeon!"

Imperial city is only going to be PvE with pvp elements.
    ~Thallen~
  • Wrathmane
    Wrathmane
    ✭✭✭
    Not really, their communication is slightly lacking, but they are doing a good job.
    We will see what happens in the new few months after the console release. I'm hoping we will then see the changes that they've been talking about for the last little while.
    Sha'ria Wrathmane - Belora Wrathmane - Leora Wrathmane
    Former Head of Recruitment for Vokundein
  •  Jules
    Jules
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They don't care about PVP imbalances. That much is clear with the state of things as they are, and how long they are to go unchecked and unfixed. They don't care about PVP content. Sure, imperial city is coming out but they promised this like a year ago. There has not been a single PVP content release since the start of the game.

On the other hand, they don't care about PVE either.
    Trials gear is garbage. Obtaining it means absolutely nothing. There is zero incentive to do anything in PVE. Sanctum Ophidia came out in September 2014. There's a good chance we won't see another update until September 2015 or later.

So all in all, grind grind grind to get to max level, so that you can do nonexistent end-game content.

JULES | PC NA | ADAMANT

IGN- @Juies || Youtube || Twitch
    EP - Julianos . Jules . Family Jules . Jules of Misrule. Joy
    DC - Julsie . Jules . Jukes . Jojuji . Juliet . Jaded
    AD - Juice . Jubaited . Joules . Julmanji . Julogy . Jubroni . Ju Jitsu

Rest in Peace G & Yi
    Viva La Aristocracy
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    TheBucket wrote: »
    I wish some people who make polls like this have worked even an hour in the gaming business or programmed one line of code .

Console release is like releasing a whole other game. If you are bored... Leave and come back

I've done both and for over a decade not an hour.

I'd never develop another product while totally ignoring my customers for an existing product...that just reeks of desperation to me.

If you don't care to listen to people complain about the game then why read/post? You can't just dismiss the issues that the majority of hardcore PvPers face in this game while making some lame excuse for the devs. There is no professional excuse that can be used to make the issues in this game acceptable, sorry.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Jaxsun
    Jaxsun
    ✭✭✭✭
    PeggymoeXD wrote: »
    TheBucket wrote: »
    I wish some people who make polls like this have worked even an hour in the gaming business or programmed one line of code .

Console release is like releasing a whole other game. If you are bored... Leave and come back

I'm still wondering why it was so necessary to release this game on console. I guess if the company is going under and the money is needed.. But otherwise, playing this game with no addons would be next to impossible for me. Also controller.

I think this has a lot to do with it. They spent the last 13+ months not fixing bugs and creating more bugs with each patch that they lost a ton of players and no longer have the income to fix it properly.
  • cricripetitb16_ESO
    IF ZOS really cared and want to show us some proof. They really need to respond to this post.
    or else it is pretty obvious what their intentions are..
    Edited by cricripetitb16_ESO on May 27, 2015 4:18AM
  • King Bozo
    King Bozo
    ✭✭✭
    IF ZOS really cared and want to show us some proof. They really need to respond to this post.
    or else it is pretty obvious what their intentions are..

Really? So if they responded yes I care everyoNE would feel warm and fuzzy and go back to pvping?
  • PeggymoeXD
    PeggymoeXD
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's not really even the fact that Cyrodiil is such a wasteland that pisses me off. It's that we get little to no feedback from the devs about what is going on. Just because they decide to release a console version shouldn't mean completely shutting out the people who have been loyal for a year and are burnt out on this crap.
    Kitty DK

Vanguärd
    Învictus
    Sun's Death
    EPHS

- Peggy Moe - Look Mom No Emp Buff - Chalman - Linda the Zookeeper -
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the results of this poll speak for themselves, honestly.
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin