The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Launcher and Programm are consuming a lot of ram

Dierk_S
Dierk_S
I've played ESO tonight (germany, 8PM) and get a loss of around 3 Gigabytes RAM. That's since a couple of weeks, but never had it so hard.

Hardware :

Sony Vaio E-Series

Core I7
AMD Radeon 7650M
6GB RAM
250GB SSD
1TB HDD
Windows 7

Screenshots attached

first shows usage of ESO Client 1.8 GB RAM, but total loss of around 3GB
second shows with closed ESO Client and Launcher
  • LameoveR
    LameoveR
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shut down Launcher after game launch.
  • Tashira
    Tashira
    ✭✭✭
    There is a known memory leak unless they "fixed" it
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You don't need to run the Launcher except after updates. I don't know how much it will help with memory loss, but start the game with the .exe from the game file. I pinned a shortcut to my task bar, and use it to play.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • UPrime
    UPrime
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's not the launcher, that's the game.

The game itself shows up as ESO. Launcher process will show up either as "Bethesda.net_Launcher" or "ZeniMax Online Studios Laucher"
    Edited by UPrime on May 23, 2015 2:02AM
  • Dierk_S
    Dierk_S
    @ Tashira

Thx for your Information, it was new for me here, because, hadn't seen it before

@ Ourorboros

Ahhh, nice trick, i'll try it next time

UPrime, i know, ESO is the client, but with the launcher it was the same problem