The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Destructive Reach vs Destructive Clench with firestaff, CC effect question.

glavius
glavius
✭✭✭✭✭
I know one states it has knockback+stun, one has knockback+longer range.
But can anyone tell me if the knockback+stun has longer duration CC than knockback alone?
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It has the same duration of the knockback and an additional 2 (?) seconds stun. So yeah, it's longer.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ToRelax wrote: »
    It has the same duration of the knockback and an additional 2 (?) seconds stun. So yeah, it's longer.

Yeah accept I notice the stun occurs while the enemy is knocked back. How much time is overlapped with the knock back? Does it still Make it worth it?
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
    ¥ampire Lord of the South
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yeah accept I notice the stun occurs while the enemy is knocked back. How much time is overlapped with the knock back? Does it still Make it worth it?

I am not sure what you are talking about... Fire Clench has a knockback and a stun after that... obviously the enemy won't stay in the stun if he breaks it... so don't know what you mean with "while the enemy is knocked back".

I can asssure you the stun makes it considerably longer if not broken...
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • glak
    glak
    ✭✭✭
    The knock back is just that, a hard cc that is intantly gone. Basically Templar's magicka javelin with more up front damage plus a decent DoT.

Problem: this kind of hard CC hands your enemy free immunity from any further hard CC for 4 seconds. Might as well add a stun so your enemy uses up stamina to break out of it.

The stun is great for dealing with soloable bosses by lengthening the gap and giving oneself more time or to channel an ability.
  • LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I am not sure what you are talking about... Fire Clench has a knockback and a stun after that... obviously the enemy won't stay in the stun if he breaks it... so don't know what you mean with "while the enemy is knocked back".

I can asssure you the stun makes it considerably longer if not broken...

I haven't done much testing on this but what I've noticed is during the knock back animation the stun is also applied. I'm not convinced it happens in sequential order like you suggest. So by the time the npc recovers from the knock back the stun has pretty much worn off as well. There may be a .5 sec stun after effect but it's not significant. I'll have to do some major testing to confirm this but I remember not being impressed with the duration of the stun to justify giving up the range.
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
    ¥ampire Lord of the South