The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Broken Launcher Link on Desktop

Jaexyn
Jaexyn
Soul Shriven
Sometime between two days ago and today, the icon to start up the launcher on my desktop got messed up. It wasn't the ring like usual, but some generic file icon. Clicked it to start up and it said the link that was usually there is broken or something and do I want to delete that shortcut. I said yes and deleted it. Went to the "Bethesda.net_Launcher.exe" in the install folder to use that, but when the launcher starts up, it tries to start downloading the entire game again.

I can get into the game using the "eso.exe" file in a folder in the install folder, but that skips the launcher completely so it won't update or anything when necessary.

Anyone have any ideas?
  • ZOS_TristanK
    ZOS_TristanK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there, @Jaexyn. We recommend deleting the launcher folder (default path C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\Launcher), and then redownloading the launcher from your account management page. Please let us know if this doesn't resolve the issue!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • LameoveR
    LameoveR
    ✭✭✭✭
    Look for launcher in your TESO main folder.
    9WQR.png
  • Jaexyn
    Jaexyn
    Soul Shriven
    Hey there, @Jaexyn. We recommend deleting the launcher folder (default path C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\Launcher), and then redownloading the launcher from your account management page. Please let us know if this doesn't resolve the issue!

Worked perfectly! Thank you much!