Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Help Finding Missing Quest

SadariTalen
SadariTalen
Soul Shriven
Hey All,
So I'm missing 1 quest in an area. Is there a way to find out which quest it is? I just see in my journal that I've completed 41/42 quests, but don't see any listing of the quests completed (like Skyrim shows the list of completed quests). Any suggestions?

Best Answer

• leeux
    leeux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In which area is this?

I'd first look at the map of the zone and try to go to a place I haven't discovered yet (I mean, go to places you haven't been yet... that are still blank on the map, with no indicators yet discovered)

That guessing is made easier if you have the Destinations addon, you can see on the map which POIs* you missed (make sure you turn on the Unknown POIs filter.) Any POIs you find this way should give you a few quests to do.

Next thing is delves, many of them have hidden quests that you pick inside (simple fetch-type quests normally.)

Another thing that could help you, is the zone's Public Dungeon, if you haven't yet completed it... there's a few quests inside them too, and those should count for the number of quests in the zone.

Hope you find the missing quest :)

((* POIs = Points of Interest))

EDIT: Clarification
    Edited by leeux on May 21, 2015 9:26PM
    PC/NA - Proud old member of the Antique Ordinatus Populus

My chars
    Liana Amnell (AD mSorc L50+, ex EP) =x= Lehnnan Klennett (AD mTemplar L50+ Healer/Support ) =x= Ethim Amnell (AD mDK L50+, ex DC)
    Leinwyn Valaene (AD mSorc L50+) =x= Levus Artorias (AD mDK-for-now L50+) =x= Madril Ulessen (AD mNB L50+) =x= Lyra Amnis (AD not-Stamplar-yet L50+)
    I only PvP on AD chars

~~ «And blossoms anew beneath tomorrow's sun >>»
    ~~ «I am forever swimming around, amidst this ocean world we call home... >>»
    ~~ "Let strength be granted so the world might be mended... so the world might be mended."
    ~~ "Slash the silver chain that binds thee to life"
    ~~ Our cries will shrill, the air will moan and crash into the dawn. >>
    ~~ The sands of time were eroded by the river of constant change >>
    Answer ✓
  • Glurin
    Glurin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There are slightly more quests in the zone than the number in the achievement, so you're actually missing several. As for finding them, I might suggest looking at a map of the area online and see if there's anyplace you haven't been yet. Also the in game map will generally have black icons for places that have incomplete quests related to them.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey All,
    So I'm missing 1 quest in an area. Is there a way to find out which quest it is? I just see in my journal that I've completed 41/42 quests, but don't see any listing of the quests completed (like Skyrim shows the list of completed quests). Any suggestions?

Is this Malabal Tor by any chance? With me, I did not get the 42nd quest finished until I met the person in Reapers March that I was sent to meet from Malabal Tor.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The addon Quest Map will show you all quests

But it will also shows quests you can no longer find, where you pick option A and you can not longer start Quest B.
    I use this to make sure I have finsihed everything (if it shows a location of a quest but when I get there I can't find it, I hide that quest as its most likley cause I finished another quest and can no longer pick this one up

Using that addon and Destinations add-on, you should never miss a quest again.
    Edited by Natjur on May 21, 2015 10:38PM
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Natjur wrote: »

But it will also shows quests you can no longer find, where you pick option A and you can not longer start Quest B.
    I use this to make sure I have finsihed everything (if it shows a location of a quest but when I get there I can't find it, I hide that quest as its most likley cause I finished another quest and can no longer pick this one up

THIS^
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
  • Tanaka_Khan
    Tanaka_Khan
    ✭✭✭
    Another vote for Destinations add-on!
  • SadariTalen
    SadariTalen
    Soul Shriven
    Thank You Everyone for the wonderful suggestions. I finally found a quest I was missing in Obsidian Scar an d got the achievement :)

Natjur wrote: »

I'm a new player that hasn't used add-ons but I'm going to give these a try. Thank you so much for the suggestion.