The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Has season gear been scrapped? Will RNG dependence on decent gear forever be a thing?

Teiji
Teiji
✭✭✭✭✭
Hello, I'm looking for information relating to my question(s);

Has 'season gear' been scrapped? [Season gear was announced in Quakecon 2014]

Will RNG rolls always be the only way to acquire decent non-crafted gear? [You can buy decent gear with Alliance Points, kill a monster for a RNG, clear a dungeon for an item that provides a RNG roll]

Any and all definitive information will be very much appreciated, thank you very much everyone!
Edited by Teiji on May 21, 2015 12:56PM
"Serving Boethiah is Freedom, embracing heroism is Liberty, existing solely for noxiphilic sanguivoria is truth." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

European megaserver Fallout 4

Loyalist of Boethiah, heroism enthusiast, exposer of secrets, bless'ed of noxiphilic sanguivoria.

Nerf one grind, two more take its place; hail Gryndra!

I am a dank memer and satire enthusiast
  • Weberda
    Weberda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seasonal gear will be in the Crown Store. The summer lineup will include Argonian style swimwear and Nordic style shorts.
    Fernwood, EP Haderus NA
    Lo Behold, AD Thornblade NA (formerly Haderus, inactive)
  • Drazhar14
    Drazhar14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really hope they don't start adding "seasonal" tiered gear. That would be the nail in the coffin for me. I'd prefer horizontal progression, with new armor styles and set bonuses.
    Weberda wrote: »
    Seasonal gear will be in the Crown Store. The summer lineup will include Argonian style swimwear and Nordic style shorts.

I see what you did there.
  • Frawr
    Frawr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drazhar14 wrote: »
    I really hope they don't start adding "seasonal" tiered gear. That would be the nail in the coffin for me. I'd prefer horizontal progression, with new armor styles and set bonuses.

I think that it would be difficult to implement such armour because there are so few variables in the game. It would be cool though.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They have mentjoned it however we are already extremely op. There is nothing challenging in the game so more powerful gear isn't good for the game until they increase the challenge to match. Upward progression of gear is normal but it is to match the upward challenge being added to the game.
  • traigusb14_ESO2
    traigusb14_ESO2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty sure it isn't showing up until VR levels go. That's the way they've always talked about it.

I want to see how they do scaling after VR is gone, the gear would be based on whatever they do then I would think.

Since the new PVE zones are supposed to scale /w level, there should be a difference between lvl 50 with 30 CP and level 50 with 350 CP or it would just be too easy. Even more so with gear.

• Teiji
    Teiji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty sure it isn't showing up until VR levels go. That's the way they've always talked about it.

I want to see how they do scaling after VR is gone, the gear would be based on whatever they do then I would think.

Since the new PVE zones are supposed to scale /w level, there should be a difference between lvl 50 with 30 CP and level 50 with 350 CP or it would just be too easy. Even more so with gear.

Thank you for taking the time to construct a concise and informative reply. Thanks.

I'm curious if Quakecon will provide any information at all, all I found was what seemed to be a teaser of a trailer which showed some, I'd presume new Doom footage.
    "Serving Boethiah is Freedom, embracing heroism is Liberty, existing solely for noxiphilic sanguivoria is truth." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Loyalist of Boethiah, heroism enthusiast, exposer of secrets, bless'ed of noxiphilic sanguivoria.

• Sausage
    Sausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont know exactly what Season Gears are but if they are gears what last like a couple month then become obsolote I would like that, then when they become obsolete everyone including new players have a good chance to get the next season gears, basically they eliminate the need to jump from another gear to another gear for new and those who havent gotten the last gear sets, theres only one set and thats it.

I hope they stick with RNG, lucky ones get them from dungeon or wherever, and if they rmove BoP, unlucky ones buy the stuff from players, including casuals and new players. Sure top players are gonna be pissed off, if someone start to sell hard earned gears to new players though, but does Season Gears too.
    Edited by Sausage on May 21, 2015 5:02AM
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Teiji In episode of ESO Live from a while back (think it was 15 or 16) I remember Gina mentioning they will add (around 20) new gear sets in the next major content update.

They didnt say anything about seasonal gear so I dont think its coming in the next update but your guess is as good as mine..
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • Teiji
    Teiji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Teiji In episode of ESO Live from a while back (think it was 15 or 16) I remember Gina mentioning they will add (around 20) new gear sets in the next major content update.

They didnt say anything about seasonal gear so I dont think its coming in the next update but your guess is as good as mine..

Thank you very much for the reminder!

I say reminder but I can't recall this as it's been a while since I tuned in to the show. Excited to see if any look unique.

• Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Seeing this topic since they first announced it always instantly sets my mind along the thought process that seasonal gears are already implemented, but they just have not revealed it because we have not caught on.
    They talked about progressively making gears more accessible such that when the next instance of seasonal gears comes out the old ones are readily available.

What if the Imperial Daedric gears from the Imperial City are being designed to be the next big thing and require replacing the Undaunted gears in order to wear a full set, and at that time they decide to implement some sort of Undaunted token system to make the older less desirable gears suddenly readily available.

Hope that after Imperial Daedric we end up with tin foil hats so Akatosh can stop beaming me my own brand of conspiracy theories though.
    Used to joke around that Nightblade was taking so long to get the skills fixed because ZOS was planning to make them really OP at the onset of Justice content so that the archetypal thief/assassin class was all pimped out for new players.
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • Wifeaggro13
    Wifeaggro13
    ✭✭✭✭✭

he is not talking about seasonal gear. ESO was defining the tiers of gear by season. as they were taking out VR ranks gear power would be determined by its season . not winter spring summer . Like a seasoned player meaning the harder VR gear would be of a higher season/power lvl. Anyone around here even follow the game anyomre lol. i have not played in months but i remember the devs spinning their tale of game enhancements to keep the PC players paying for the console development.
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hopefully seasoned gear is the worst possible carrot.
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• Svartiloghin713

They have mentjoned it however we are already extremely op. There is nothing challenging in the game so more powerful gear isn't good for the game until they increase the challenge to match. Upward progression of gear is normal but it is to match the upward challenge being added to the game.

Im sure the pvp seasonal gear would be bought via Alliance points instead of crown points
    -Stay silent and stalk in shadows my friend-

Spinaltâp....Vet 1....Faction: AD....Class: Nightblade....Console: PC....@PsychoFiend713