The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Official Discussion Thread for "Crown Store Sale: 5/21 - 5/26"

ZOS_JasonLeavey
ZOS_JasonLeavey
✭✭✭✭✭
This is the official discussion thread for the web article, "Crown Store Sale: 5/21 - 5/26."

We have a great offering of Crown Store items on sale, starting tomorrow! Read on for the full list, which includes the release of a special limited time only Black Senche-Panther mount.
Jason Leavey
Community Coordinator - The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube
Staff Post
  • Lauradana
    Lauradana
    ✭✭✭
    This is the official discussion thread for the web article, "Crown Store Sale: 5/21 - 5/26."

We have a great offering of Crown Store items on sale, starting tomorrow! Read on for the full list, which includes the release of a special limited time only Black Senche-Panther mount.

Well guess what BROKEN link comes at no suprise what so ever LOL
  • Blutengel
    Blutengel
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a sucker for a sale but For 2500 crowns for the limited mount I expect some epic new content in the near future.
    Edited by Blutengel on May 20, 2015 3:55PM
    Time for reckless audacity and derring-do!~
    Crow-Friend Warden
    Najara the Crusader Templar
    Thomasin the Witch Necro
    R.I.P Vet ranks...
  • thejadefalcon
    thejadefalcon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lauradana wrote: »

Well guess what BROKEN link comes at no suprise what so ever LOL

The link works fine, even in your quote.

Why is the content being removed from the Crown store and when is it likely to return?
  • Jiigen
    Jiigen
    ✭✭✭
    I would like to know why perfectly functional items will be removed from the crown store?
    Is this some kind of disappointing marketing strategy to make them more exclusive and push people to spend crowns on them now?
    "To a thing like me, a thing like you, well... Think how you'd feel if a bacterium sat at your table and started to get snarky." -Death

PC EU
  • KriHavok
    KriHavok
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Jiigen It is, and it works.
    UESP Staffer & Wiki Editor
  • Paulington
    Paulington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Without being too much of a cynic, maybe ZOS have finally realised just how well limited-time offers work? That sense of urgency opens wallets like nothing else, as proven by everyone and their dog's wife's sister's mother's grandmother's cousin riding around on a Senche Leopard.

It just so happens that these items being removed are the items I see being used the least, I am not much a fan of coincidence however I also know that correlation is not causation. It just seems pretty suspect that these items which have been around since release are suddenly disappearing when there is already a dearth of items on the Crown Store already, so why remove it and the possibility of months of further revenue you ask? The answer is for more revenue!

Honestly, 2,500 Crowns for a mount? I can deal with it, but I would happily throw 10,000 Crowns in ZOS' direction for Orsinium.
    Edited by Paulington on May 20, 2015 4:12PM
  • Jiigen
    Jiigen
    ✭✭✭
    It's quite disappointing though, especially from an RP perspective, to suddenly stop players, new and old, from having access to costumes.
    Now I'm expecting a future crown store update with "new" products, such as the Chef's costume, Gray Yokudan Charger or the unique and never before seen Bantam Guar!
    "To a thing like me, a thing like you, well... Think how you'd feel if a bacterium sat at your table and started to get snarky." -Death

PC EU
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Close out sales like this are usually for items that aren't selling very well.

It's good that they are letting us know in advance when things are going to be removed. I believe they told us long ago that they would periodically rotate stock so the fact that they are rotating some stock out is not surprising. I expect they'll announce more new items soon.
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • Jiigen
    Jiigen
    ✭✭✭
    Slurg wrote: »
    Close out sales like this are usually for items that aren't selling very well.

Wouldn't be much trouble to leave them in though, especially the costumes which isn't cluttered yet.
    Slurg wrote: »
    It's good that they are letting us know in advance when things are going to be removed. I believe they told us long ago that they would periodically rotate stock so the fact that they are rotating some stock out is not surprising. I expect they'll announce more new items soon.

I agree that it's good that they're letting us know in advance. I never knew they would rotate stock, I just thought they would have timed exclusive products, like the senche.

Also @ZOS, does this mean that console players will not have access to these items, or will they have a different stock in the Crown Store?

PC EU
  • Faythsrequiem
    Faythsrequiem
    ✭✭
    I'd like to know if and when we'll be able to purchase the Imperial white steed as a stand alone mount/without having to purchase the Imperial edition. Please and thank you!!!

That said, I'm not too surprised that some items are being taken out of the crown store; it makes sense in that it keeps the store from becoming over saturated with items. Plus I'm sure that these items will make their way back into the store at some point months down the road, when demand for these items has increased due to their "inaccessibility".
    "Anything worth having is worth working for. Anything worth working for is worth sacrificing for. Anything worth sacrificing for is worth dying for."
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm guessing you guys are yanking the blue motif's because no one is buying them, which isn't really a surprise if infact that is the reason.

Ill be buying that damn black leopard, the completionist/OCD in me would freak out if I let it pass, you grimy capitalists and your sales * shakes fist at the heavens*
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • Jiigen
    Jiigen
    ✭✭✭
    nimander99 wrote: »
    I'm guessing you guys are yanking the blue motif's because no one is buying them, which isn't really a surprise if infact that is the reason.

I'd be surprised if anyone bought one of those and what the reason could have possibly been. But yes, no surprise, nor objection on that part. They are still available in-game. So no one would be missing them, nor missing out on them.

PC EU
  • ArvenAldmeri
    ArvenAldmeri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why not a day longer? I cannot buy it till later evening 26th which will be over already :( ZOS, you can f*ck things up. Give us longer time to buy it and you will get more money. Really *ZOS logic*...
    Magicka sorcerer from start until the end. Always. Through the good times and the bad, even now when its probably saddest PvE dps it has ever been.
    Even as an owner of one radiant apex mounts I am against radiant apex mounts and anything thats not obtainable by direct purchase.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Already said it via Twitter but I am sad to see that manipulating players into panic purchases is more important to ZOS than offering a large collection of items everyone has access to.

I guess the gamble here is that more players will panic at the removal of items and purchase them in a sale than purchases from existing members or new players. I would love to hear from someone at ZOS a reason why these items are being removed other than to try and persuade people into purchasing them.

The sale alone should be enough for people who were on the fence about an item to think about buying it, most people have seen the data-mined items which could be release on the Crown Store and granted not all of these may be ready for release but there is more than enough content options to release new items and make money augmented with monthly sales on some less popular items without the need to try this dirty trick.

Disappointed with ZOS once again, I keep wanting to think of them as more than a corporate money maker company but they seem hell bent on being another Electronic Arts style AAA company.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I know I was on the fence about the blacksmith costume, and I still have a stock pile of crowns. Enough to buy the senche actually, but not for the limited time gimmick. But I'll grab a costume for half off.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Drazhar14
    Drazhar14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So you are tying to pressure people into buying items before they get removed from the store? I wasn't interested in them before, I won't be interested in them at 50% off. Saving my crowns for DLC here. Any ETA on that?
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WOO! I think I need to rethink my crown store tactics.. waiting on any "normal" items to go on sale. I held off on one of those horses even though I loved both, so now I can score it for half off!
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • srfrogg23
    srfrogg23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So... am I the only one that thinks this strategy is just downright silly? I mean, I get what they're *trying* to do...but it seems more like they're going to lose potential sales over the long run than they actually gain.

Just spit-balling here, but for people who haven't picked up the game yet, or are just trying to budget and haven't had an opportunity to pick up those items yet (for whatever reason), doesn't it seem like a better idea to leave those items in the shop? What if someone picks up the game later or just doesn't have the extra cash to spend right now, but just absolutely has to have that stuff?

Wouldn't it make more sense to just leave it there, even with the sale going on? I mean, there are going to be people who will miss the sale for whatever reason, but will most likely still want to buy these things at some point down the road. And it's not like they're physical items that are actually taking up space on a shelf or warehouse somewhere.... Just seems odd to operate this way...
    Edited by srfrogg23 on May 20, 2015 5:36PM
  • MisterBigglesworth
    MisterBigglesworth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    meh.
    Really we do it without like, the musical instruments. This is the only musical: the mouth. And hopefully the brain attached to the mouth. Right? The brain, more important than the mouth, is the brain. The brain is much more important.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting that on the eve of the console release, several Crown Store items are being removed "for the time being".

The implication is that they will not be available to the console players who do not transfer over from PC.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Vixani
    Vixani
    Soul Shriven
    If you read it says, 'removed from the Crown Store for the time being' it doesn't say they are permanently getting rid of those items. So take a breather, really.
  • Jiigen
    Jiigen
    ✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Already said it via Twitter but I am sad to see that manipulating players into panic purchases is more important to ZOS than offering a large collection of items everyone has access to.

The sale alone should be enough for people who were on the fence about an item to think about buying it....

Disappointed with ZOS once again, I keep wanting to think of them as more than a corporate money maker company but they seem hell bent on being another Electronic Arts style AAA company.
    I agree with you there, I had no desire for most items for the prices they are at now, I might consider buying some now that they are at a sale, but that they are going to disappear just annoys me and makes me want to buy them even less.
    Drazhar14 wrote: »
    Any ETA on that?
    Hopefully 2015.
    MissBizz wrote: »
    WOO! I think I need to rethink my crown store tactics.. waiting on any "normal" items to go on sale. I held off on one of those horses even though I loved both, so now I can score it for half off!
    This is exactly it, and I kind of regret not having purchased even more crowns now to have them sit in waiting while I had the change to buy them at 25% off. I will now definitely be waiting for items to go in sale, granted that that might take quite some time for certain items.
    Edited by Jiigen on May 20, 2015 5:39PM

PC EU
  • Faunter
    Faunter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the Bantam Guar being discounted, will the Adventurer Pack also be discounted since it contains that pet in the bundle? And what happens to the Adventurer Pack once the pet is removed from the store at the end of the sale? Will that bundle also be removed? Or will a new pet take the place of our Bantam Guar friend in the Adventurer Pack?
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    srfrogg23 wrote: »
    So... am I the only one that thinks this strategy is just downright silly? I mean, I get what they're *trying* to do...but it seems more like they're going to lose potential sales over the long run than they actually gain.

Just spit-balling here, but for people who haven't picked up the game yet, or are just trying to budget and haven't had an opportunity to pick up those items yet (for whatever reason), doesn't it seem like a better idea to leave those items in the shop? What if someone picks up the game later or just doesn't have the extra cash to spend right now, but just absolutely has to have that stuff?

Wouldn't it make more sense to just leave it there, even with the sale going on? I mean, there are going to be people who will miss the sale for whatever reason, but will most likely still want to buy these things at some point down the road. And it's not like they're physical items that are actually taking up space on a shelf or warehouse somewhere.... Just seems odd to operate this way...

@srfrogg23 they do state pretty clearly they are being taken from the crown store "for now". I imagine we will regularly have rotating stock. I don't mind the items going away, I am happy they are putting then on sale before doing so as well. I wanted one of the horses - but wanted to save up crowns. It's not the going away that makes me want to buy it - it's the sale. Although we don't have much in there now - I imagine they are just doing what they plan on doing in the future anyways - and getting us used to it. Once they add more it would be ridiculous to keep everything all the time, so they will rotate through, and I feel like when these items so come back, it will be like regular stock - not a "limited weekend only" type.

Oh, and my 6 month sub renews tomorrow. Score!
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Wolfgrim
    Wolfgrim
    That's great news - I am still waiting for a wolf pet though.
  • oddavi
    oddavi
    ✭✭✭
    Paulington wrote: »
    Honestly, 2,500 Crowns for a mount? I can deal with it, but I would happily throw 10,000 Crowns in ZOS' direction for Orsinium.
    WTF a 100 $ for a dlc never in a thousand years

Edit : Where the hell is the groom outfit ...
    Edited by oddavi on May 20, 2015 6:56PM
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oddavi wrote: »

Indeed, with that and all the other items which have been data mined I wonder why we need panic sales rather than the new content releases. :disappointed:
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd love to look at your sales but I keep getting an age gate screen over and over.
  • Jiigen
    Jiigen
    ✭✭✭
    I'd love to look at your sales but I keep getting an age gate screen over and over.

Age gate screens everywhere, yet even female Argonians wear bras... Is it the 21st or 20th century?

PC EU
  • Paulington
    Paulington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    oddavi wrote: »
    Paulington wrote: »
    WTF a 100 $ for a dlc never in a thousand years

To clarify, it is not $100, at least not where I live.

In the UK 11,000 Crowns (so, 1000 more than required) is £48 which is $75. If Orsinium adds at least 100 hours of content (I would imagine it'd be well more than that) then it is good value for money based upon what games usually cost in terms of price per hour played.

I'd gladly drop 10k Crowns on an Expansion if they came once every six months or so as I crave new content, but a more reasonable price would probably be 7,500 Crowns.
    Edited by Paulington on May 20, 2015 7:43PM