The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Level 36 and just started crafting - suggestions?

amirgelman
amirgelman
✭✭✭
hello,

so i just recently figured i should start crafting. so i did and it's fun.
but i'm not sure what path should i go now that i'm level 36 and in a much more advanced cities.

for example - i completed all the crafting missions in the 1st city. so now what?
i should just craft items, decompress them to crafting matterials and so forth untill i level up my crafting skills?
what should i do to get as fast as possible to crafting items that are actually valuable to my level?

thanks in advance!
  • stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Loot gear and weapons in dungeons and deconstruct everything instead of selling it to vendors. You should be getting lots of "inspiration" for items at your current level if you neglected to level up your crafting skill earlier, and you will catch up quickly.

If you want to speed things up even more, have a guild mate send you some VR level trash loot (although not the zero value items, they are utterly useless). The inspiration you get from VR level gear is considerably higher than the gear at your current level, even though you won't get any raw materials out of them if they are way above your skill level.
  • sadownik
    sadownik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even better - find a good armour and weapon shops - with a lot of space to steal. steall all armour and weapons , log out and relog - steall again repeat untill full inventory - deconstruct. Just remember random equipement can be worth 0 gold - then its also worth 0 research points. Steal from instanced shops only and good luck.
    Edited by sadownik on May 18, 2015 11:57PM
  • amirgelman
    amirgelman
    ✭✭✭
    thank you all!!! :)
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For crafting to be worth your time, you need to be able to make sets at the special crafting stations scattered throughout Tamriel. And the key to access to those stations, beyond finding them, is knowing the right number of traits. You need to research traits, and the sooner the better as it is very time consuming....it's a built in game time sink.

Do a search for traits, there have been many threads, some very recently, for more detailed information.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Tallowby
    Tallowby
    ✭✭✭
    Keeping track of your trait research is a chore. There are addons that can help and program Minion can help you find one to your liking.

Or if you want something to track that you can view offline check out the link in my sig. The is more contained to aid in crafting also on those sheets.
    NEED THE HELP OF A 9 TRAIT MASTER CRAFTER ON XBOX ONE NA - ALL STYLES LIST ---> My known Styles
    Tallowby's Crafter Aid ...... CONSOLE - How to run a DPS Test

XBOX ONE NA - Guild The OTG (accepting applications)
    Arden Sul | Bosmer | Nightblade | CP160/531 | 9 Trait Master Crafter |
    Tallowby | Imperial | Templar | CP160/531 | 9 Trait Master Crafter | EVERY STYLE KNOWN!
    Freya Bolt | Altmer | Sorcerer | CP160/531 | Master Crafter |
    Wacko Smacko | Imperial | Dragon Knight | CP160/531 | Master Crafter |
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Also be sure and prioritize your trait research. Sturdy, well-fitted, training, exploration, charged, etc are best left for last as the more traits you research, the longer it takes.
    Lag is ruinin' my 'mershun!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance - Socrates
    Member of the Old Guard, keepers of the game's history

PC/NA