The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Destro/Restro bracer overlays

tahoang1988
Just curious how many people would like to see a alternate to staffs with like overlays for your equipped bracers or a stone that goes on them, but would be equipped in the weapon slot as a direct alternative to staffs. Like how you could cast spells in skyrim without a staff.
Decibel Rage Harbinger of Death
  • Mivryna
    Mivryna
    ✭✭✭
    I'd love to see wands or scepters. Imagine how badass scepter-and-shield could be.
  • LameoveR
    LameoveR
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wanna Necronomicon in right hand.
  • Trollwut
    Trollwut
    ✭✭✭
    Just curious how many people would like to see a alternate to staffs with like overlays for your equipped bracers or a stone that goes on them, but would be equipped in the weapon slot as a direct alternative to staffs. Like how you could cast spells in skyrim without a staff.

If they also implement a "Flying Hammer skill", I'm gone. :p
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It they do this, then they would need to offer Stamina based Hand to Hand too.

This is not a reason to not do this, it's just another reason for them to offer something like this.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello all, I turned this into a Poll which can be found at the link below. I referenced your post there as well @tahoang1988

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/170916/alternative-to-staffs-for-casters-which-would-you-want
    NA Server - Kildair
  • PKMN12
    PKMN12
    ✭✭✭✭✭

*sigh*

people need to start playing the rest of the game, and the other games beyond skyrim. This game is just like the first FOUR entries in the series with how it uses abilities. You did not need an open hand in any of those games, you could use magic with both hands full, it did not matter, this is what ESO is based on. Don't like it for some stupid reason? deal with it.
  • tahoang1988
    Just to be clear what I would like to have added is just cosmetic. It would still take the same two weapon slots and do the exact same things as current staffs, but you would have a overlay or jewel on your bracers instead of holding a staff.
    Decibel Rage Harbinger of Death