Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

OMG I need help! Templar build Healer Vet1 / vamp

Ravendax
Ravendax
Hi folks,

First thank you in advance I know it's awesome community, iv been reading the forum for a time.
I'm a returning player from lauch day.. My only and main character is a Templar Argonian Vetrank1, vamp 10. (oohh!) lol

All I wanna do is rank up my vet xp but not soloing but being a healer. I'v Watch a couple video with the guy you all talk about but it help not so much for someone rusty as I am. Most build don't say which skill tree it's from and go very fast on how they are used. I know there is a new patch and it's always changing..

Also, the attribute - they (build - builders) always go and promote what they think is best but never talk about attributes points.

Anyway. Can someone point me to a clear build, I don't need to be the best, just good, for PVE grouping healer.

Last night I tried out of the blue with a build I invented for a dungeon and was not that bad. 2 restauration staff (action bar) But heck I can do best with you help

Thanks in advance.

Raven
  • eliisra
    eliisra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's really no good places or opportunities in this game for someone to level up as a pure healer. Only exception would be running DSA.

Dungeons give very little exp in this game. People only do them for loot or daily quest.
    Grinding gives the best exp, but you dont need a healer for that.
    Questing also gives nice exp, again no need for healer.

PvP exp is really bad, actually non-existent in large battles for a healer. Think related to current low TTK, players die in 1-3 seconds so heal contribution wont even have time to register. To get exp in PvP as a healer you have to stick to small scale PvP, with longer fights and lesser players competing over kills lol.

So if you want to gain VR ranks faster, you cant just be a healer. Need a dps- and solo spec.

Healing at lower VR levels I would get something cheap like: Seducer or Magnus +5, thorug's pacts +2. Rest what ever you can mix and match for more magicka, recovery or spell dmg. Cost reduction on jewellery. Use 1or 2 heavy for more armor.

Only skills you actually need to heal with is Breath of Life, Healing Springs, Inner Light toggle and Channelled Focus to keep your magicka up. Entropy if you dont eat spell power potions.
  • TheSunAlsoRises
    TheSunAlsoRises
    ✭✭✭
    honestly, leveling as a haler (in dungeons i assume?) would take forever. for me, i do EVERY quest in each vet zone. i was going at an ok pace. like 25% per play but i still hate it. i came back after quitting over a year ago and it became free to play. i was v3 and now i'm 10% shy of v10. only because i keep getting bored of the grind and level alts (got a NB to V2 from like lvl 12).

the healing setup the above poster mentioned is close to what i use. i also have a magicka based templar and i have a destro staff DPS setup that i use to grind on mobs in quests. current grinding setup:

http://eso-skills.com/skill/index.html?z=9D7JBJ31@D96ppsP%bRftvx@DQjLaED&b=

for healing i have another setup that's a variation of bar 2 and other healing stuffs on bar 1.
    No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe
  • walkingeye
    walkingeye
    Soul Shriven
    The best way is to do normal dsa, which you can absolutely do as a vr1, but you will need to drop vamp. Vet dungeons you will be able to run as a vampire.

Here is what I used as a vr1 argonian templar healer:

5x Sanctuary (Ring, Ring, Light Head, Light Shoulders, Bar 1 Resto Staff, Bar 2 Resto Staff)
    5x Seducer (Heavy Chest infused, Light Legs infused, Light Waist divines, Light Feet divines, Light gloves divines)

Sanctuary drops on trash, so it should be pretty cheap from guild vendors. Also find a vanilla VR1 purple arcane necklace, which should also be cheap. Seducer is crafted and only requires 3 traits researched. If you can't craft that, I'm sure one of your guildmates will do it for cheap / free. All jewelry should have spell cost reduction enchants. I recommend upgrading everything to blue quality, including the enchants. These should last you awhile, and at VR5 you can pick up VR5 versions of both sets.

Bar 1: Magelight (Inner Light), Cleansing Ritual (Extended Ritual), Grand Healing (Healing Springs), Blessing of Protection (Combat Prayer), Rushed Ceremony (Breath of Life), Nova (Solar Prison)
    Bar 2: Magelight (Inner Light), Radiant Destruction (Radiant Oppression), Spear Shards (Blazing Spear), Restoring Aura (Repentance), Rushed Ceremony (Breath of Life), Meteor (Shooting Star)

As far as attributes and armor enchants, pick a goal for what you want your health to be. I think for VR1 (it's been awhile since I was VR1, and I hope someone corrects me or confirms this), 15k is a good amount to shoot for. Reset your attributes and put on all your gear. Don't worry that it's not enchanted yet. Get yourself some VR1 blue health + magicka food and eat it. Now you can start setting your attributes and armor enchantments. Either put a few points into health or get a vr1 - vr3 health glyph and apply it to a piece of armor. Check your new health value. If it's below your goal hp, repeat until you hit your goal hp. Then the remaining enchantments / attribute points should be put into magicka. Make sure you're doing this without emperor buffs so you're not relying on it.

Let me know if you have any questions.