Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

free to play

Lurefisen
Lurefisen
hii there now there has been mouch discussion about eso becomming free to play and im a bit confused is it now free to play eso ?
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's free to play but you need to pay to get the game itself .. so to answer your question: it depends on what you mean by 'free to play'.

Technically it's B2P - Buy To Play, just like Guild Wars 1 and 2, or LoTRO.
    Edited by KerinKor on May 14, 2015 12:49PM
  • Sacadon
    Sacadon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, it's Buy the game then play without additional costs unless choose to do so.
  • Lurefisen
    Lurefisen
    so if i have bought the game once i dont need to pay more ?
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lurefisen wrote: »
    so if i have bought the game once i dont need to pay more ?

Not entirely. They dropped the monthly fees (or actually made them optional, with some very minor bonuses like getting free crowns (cashshop currency) and an experience boost.)

But there will be future new content (so called DLC) that you have to buy to play that content. This content will be for free for those with the optional sub.

So if you bought the game once, you can play the content in the game as it is now as long and as much as you like, but future upgrades will no longer be for free.

On top of that, there are vanity items in the cashshop, that also are not for free.

Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU