Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Belt/Shoulder Traits?

VaXuS
VaXuS
Hi Guys,

At what level can i see these pieces as random loot come with traits?
Edited by VaXuS on May 14, 2015 11:27AM
  • Aett_Thorn
    Aett_Thorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At level 1. There is no lower level bound to any traited items being randomly found. You just haven't seemed to have found any yet.
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shoulders don't seem to drop very often in the low zones until you're fighting npcs around lvl 8-10. Just ask if someone can make it for you, are you on NA or EU server? with faction AD, DC or EP?
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
  • VaXuS
    VaXuS
    NA/EB and apologies i meant Helmet instead of belt, and i see i guess I'll just have to keep exploring then. And nah I'd rather find the items myself it'll make finally finding it all the more satisfying but i might ask for help if i still can't get my hands on any by lv15+ currently still at 7 with my new character and the highest character i have is 14 which i didn't like heh.

Thanks guys.
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    VaXuS wrote: »
    NA/EB and apologies i meant Helmet instead of belt, and i see i guess I'll just have to keep exploring then. And nah I'd rather find the items myself it'll make finally finding it all the more satisfying but i might ask for help if i still can't get my hands on any by lv15+ currently still at 7 with my new character and the highest character i have is 14 which i didn't like heh.

Thanks guys.

Just know that other than nirnhoned, I found a traited item for everything eventually. Just have patience. I bought some traited items, and just as often found the same thing within days or hours.

PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And nah I'd rather find the items myself it'll make finally finding it all the more satisfying but

I used to think that way until I started chasing the last 2 or 3 traits in a particular armor or weapon. Then you are guaranteed to never see that trait in a drop.....

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    And nah I'd rather find the items myself it'll make finally finding it all the more satisfying but

I used to think that way until I started chasing the last 2 or 3 traits in a particular armor or weapon. Then you are guaranteed to never see that trait in a drop.....

Yup with the RNG you could potentially never see the specific armor piece, with the right weight and trait. Like you said tho, if you haven't seen it by lvl 15 start asking around. It's really easy for the vets to put something together for you quick. I just don't have an EP character atm to trade with ya.
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

There are some traits like "Impenetrable" and "Divines" which only seem to drop on specifc set gear. When I kept paper records the trait that stood out the most on armour was "Impenetrable followed by "Divines". It's harder for me to tell on the weapons but it looks like "Infused" and "Training" are harder to obtain too.
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread
  • VaXuS
    VaXuS
    Hopefully RNG will be kind to me and if all else fails farm chests with a alt lol.

While on the topic of traits what does a Training trait on a shield do?
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hopefully RNG will be kind to me and if all else fails farm chests with a alt lol.

While on the topic of traits what does a Training trait on a shield do?

Training on all items advances that skill line faster. You want to learn restro staff and light armor faster, craft training trait on those items. It works, but IMO not worth the sacrifice for better traits.

PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Specifically, its the 1 Handed Shield line that it increases. Put Training on the Sword and the Shield, and be in Imperial and improve the items? You can get that skill line to 50 before your character is out the teens.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"