Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can't pickup quest: Heart of Evil (Bangkorai)

snackrat
snackrat
✭✭✭
According to UESP, this is the quest to mark Jackdaw Cove as complete. However, both the Wyress' flanking the Cove - included the one that is supposed to give the quest - merely say that they're too weak to help out with anything because of a certain Hagraven and her allied Reachman controlling the area.
The quest I'm trying to pickup is supposed to include the objective for killing said Hagraven, making this a little circular (I can't pick up the quest until I've completed it?)

Does anyone else have this issue?
Is this a bug?
Does the quest require other things completed first? This is the only quest in the northern half of this zone left to do.

I'm EP Vet5 and playing in Cadwell's Silver.
  • snackrat
    snackrat
    ✭✭✭
    I think I may have found the problem. The hagraven in question plays a role in a separate quest, following one set further south (which I'd been delaying to clear North first).
    In likelihood, once this chain has been completed, I will be able to pick up the quest for dealing with the hagraven herself.

EDIT: Yes, the Wyress does have the quest marker now. Evermoore must be completed first.
    Edited by snackrat on May 14, 2015 3:33AM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    snackrat wrote: »

EDIT: Yes, the Wyress does have the quest marker now. Evermoore must be completed first.

Keep this in mind as you go along in the game. While you can pretty much go anywhere in a zone and do things in the order you want, the Main Quest kind of guides you around the zone in roughly a circle or a straight line. The stories behind the side quests you find along the way are sometimes in an order determined by the path that the MQ takes. Some zones like Reapers March, you can't go ahead and make the MQ work at all if you try to do it out of order, some zones like Glenumbra you can skip around. Like doing the quest to figure out how to kill the sub boss after you kill the sub boss in another quest.

But, its always best to at least follow the path of the Main Quest when working on the zone and it's quests.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Endenium
    Endenium
    ✭✭✭
    I did Beyond the Call and Destroying the Witness - yet I still cannot pick up Heart of Evil from Wyress Freyda