Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

screen tears with new gpu

ozm8ey
ozm8ey
✭✭✭
I have got a new GPU but now I get screen tears. I have vsync enabled in game and gsync enabled in the nvidia control panel but it still tears. any ideas?
  • Pixelex
    Pixelex
    ✭✭✭
    ozm8ey wrote: »
    I have got a new GPU but now I get screen tears. I have vsync enabled in game and gsync enabled in the nvidia control panel but it still tears. any ideas?

I also have tearing with my 280x. Even with VSYNC on. But the tearing appears only in real fullscreen mode.

So I always use windowed fullscreen. No tearing anymore and the game runs even better aaand task switching is faster. ^^
    Meisterangler alias Masterfischi
    www.pixelex.net
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One thing you might try is setting your monitor refresh rate to a different amount, try 60 first.

However Windowed Full Screen is better for some folks on some systems. There is no hard and fast rule, it just works better for some, and not for others, even with the same equipment.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"