The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

leveling blacksmithing

Dwermer
Dwermer
hi
when leveling a craft, such as Blacksmithing, it is suggested to use a 'buddy' to make things and then share your creations with each other so you can deconstruct them and thus gain extra XP
My question is. Does it matter what level you create the item at ie level one dagger (which uses less iron/steel etc).. would you get more xp in end from doing this or should you create the highest level item possible, then share for deconstruction for higher xp

Thanks
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You will notice as you level up (and invest more skill points) that level 1 dagger will become less and less useful for inspiration. I haven't have to level in a while, but it used to be smart to use the lowest level (least mats) for your highest current trained level. So if you're level two.. use level 16 daggers (the lowest level possible for that material).
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • kodo
    kodo
    ✭✭
    also eventually u get tired of deconstrcuting everything, best way is to decon only the intricate that boosts xp on that.
  • Tallowby
    Tallowby
    ✭✭✭
    Dwermer wrote: »
    hi
    when leveling a craft, such as Blacksmithing, it is suggested to use a 'buddy' to make things and then share your creations with each other so you can deconstruct them and thus gain extra XP
    My question is. Does it matter what level you create the item at ie level one dagger (which uses less iron/steel etc).. would you get more xp in end from doing this or should you create the highest level item possible, then share for deconstruction for higher xp

Thanks

Check out the link below.. maximizing the least amount of raw materials to get the largest IP gains is listed in the last tab. Or fill in your character data and the craft page will state what to make..

Note the highest level in a tier may not be the best choice....
    Edited by Tallowby on May 12, 2015 6:00PM
    NEED THE HELP OF A 9 TRAIT MASTER CRAFTER ON XBOX ONE NA - ALL STYLES LIST ---> My known Styles
    Tallowby's Crafter Aid ...... CONSOLE - How to run a DPS Test

XBOX ONE NA - Guild The OTG (accepting applications)
    Arden Sul | Bosmer | Nightblade | CP160/531 | 9 Trait Master Crafter |
    Tallowby | Imperial | Templar | CP160/531 | 9 Trait Master Crafter | EVERY STYLE KNOWN!
    Freya Bolt | Altmer | Sorcerer | CP160/531 | Master Crafter |
    Wacko Smacko | Imperial | Dragon Knight | CP160/531 | Master Crafter |
  • Dixa
    Dixa
    ✭✭✭
    kodo wrote: »
    also eventually u get tired of deconstrcuting everything, best way is to decon only the intricate that boosts xp on that.

mmm....no.

BEST way is to buy a second account and make a character on it. As your main gets full of stuff you find, mail it to that second account.

When you wish to spend time dealing with crafting, log onto the second account and return all the mails. don't accept the items and mail them back - this costs extra gold. returning to sender is free.

now they are all back and in your main's mailbox. pick 'em up, research and break them down.

my main sorc hit 50 on all but enchanting by vr2 using this method with it having zero impact on my play - I didn't feel the need to hit town due to full inventory, I just mailed off everything and kept going. I would only ever visit a vendor to sell junk, repair or buy pots/food.
    Edited by Dixa on May 14, 2015 10:29AM