The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

When will the abuse of in-game impact from Meteor in PvP be adjusted?

Amiliana
Amiliana
✭✭✭
It have been quite some time now that synced Meteors are being used by some alliances to make their enemies lagg or even crash, to gain an advantage they should not have at their own decided time.

For example right before taking a scroll, while invading the inner keep etc. There was even an incident yesterday where whole Ebonheart Pact was disconnected, at fairly the same time, due to this.

I am already surprised you have ignored this for so long, a fast fix would be to disallow Meteor in PvP until another solution have been found.

I am looking forward to this being fixed asap so we can continue to enjoy a just PvP War in Cyrodiil.
“We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give.” — Winston Curchill
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Amiliana wrote: »
    It have been quite some time now that synced Meteors are being used by some alliances to make their enemies lagg or even crash, to gain an advantage they should not have at their own decided time.

For example right before taking a scroll, while invading the inner keep etc. There was even an incident yesterday where whole Ebonheart Pact was disconnected, at fairly the same time, due to this.

I am already surprised you have ignored this for so long, a fast fix would be to disallow Meteor in PvP until another solution have been found.

I am looking forward to this being fixed asap so we can continue to enjoy a just PvP War in Cyrodiil.

Loads of threads about this, and I feel your pain, I really do....

But I and many others think that nothing will happen till way after console release, PvP was better IMO in the weeks after Early Access, and you said to continue to enjoy a just PvP War?

When has that ever happened?

War in real life or ingame is never and never will be just

Hehe

Maybe they will hotfix it, but chances are really good, something else will just mess PvP up

But hey, we are used to it.....

In terms of some alliances using it, aye there will be elements in EVERY alliance that does it.

Maybe in 1K years we will finally have what was promised to us regarding PvP.

Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• LameoveR
    LameoveR
    ✭✭✭✭
    Soon?
  • Trollwut
    Trollwut
    ✭✭✭
    Wouldn't they kick out themselves?
  • Amiliana
    Amiliana
    ✭✭✭
    It is only the receiving side of the spell that is affected and therefore only those on that alliance and mini-server.

@SHADOW2KK
    I only meant "just" as in being within intended limits, as in no cheats like DDoS, abusing gameweakness to cause disconnects etc :)
    “We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give.” — Winston Curchill
  • Leeloo.S
    Leeloo.S
    ✭✭✭
    For a long time, I refused to believe that the "meteor" ultimate was the cause of lag in Cyrodiil because I hadn't any proof of that but now, I tried, as many others, to play in non-vet campagne, where there isn't any meteor and you know what ? There isn't any lag too... even when the campagn is full.

Please, ZOS, do something about that, so that we can play in all the campagns again. Can you give us more information about what you found et what you'll do ?
    Anciennement Hori_Loo
    ╔══════════════════════════╗
    La section ESO HORI devient Rédemption
    Alliance ATRIA (Coeurébène)
    ╚══════════════════════════╝
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maybe you're looking at it in the wrong way. Dont get me wrong, I hate it when you're fighting a group that has multiple players who are spamming Meteor during the lag, but thats only possible because of other failures.

Shouldnt the game (and supporting systems) be build in a way that all the skills work as intended?
    The way meteor works is fine, that fact that ultimate depletes with a huge delay in lag which makes Meteor spammable isnt.

Naturally, the game has evolved since launch but it seems the hardware and software supporting it hasnt adapted properly.

Adjusting the game because the servers cant process the data corectly is not the right way to handle it, they should adjust the way the data is proccessed (software and/or hardware) so the game works as intended.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Amiliana wrote: »
    It is only the receiving side of the spell that is affected and therefore only those on that alliance and mini-server.

@SHADOW2KK
    I only meant "just" as in being within intended limits, as in no cheats like DDoS, abusing gameweakness to cause disconnects etc :)

Aye I hear ya man, and agree:}
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• Amiliana
    Amiliana
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe you're looking at it in the wrong way. Dont get me wrong, I hate it when you're fighting a group that has multiple players who are spamming Meteor during the lag, but thats only possible because of other failures.

Shouldnt the game (and supporting systems) be build in a way that all the skills work as intended?
    The way meteor works is fine, that fact that ultimate depletes with a huge delay in lag which makes Meteor spammable isnt.

Naturally, the game has evolved since launch but it seems the hardware and software supporting it hasnt adapted properly.

Adjusting the game because the servers cant process the data corectly is not the right way to handle it, they should adjust the way the data is proccessed (software and/or hardware) so the game works as intended.

Of course, I only meant that it is what they should do to begin with to stop the abuse "asap" temporarily, until they have figured out a solution for it.
    SHADOW2KK wrote: »
    Aye I hear ya man, and agree:}

*flutters her eyelashes*

• Amiliana
    Amiliana
    ✭✭✭
    It's been almost another month and still nothing.. Can you PLEASE remove the animation for Meteor so players can not abuse it to create massive lag for their opponents?

It is used ALL the time right before a bigger attack. Even if you are on the other side of the map from the battle, you suffer extreme lag, which shows its obviously our server.

30+ people syncing Meteor causes major lag on the receiving side so PLEASE remove the animation until the game can actually handle it. Atm it is directly causing other players UNABLE to play normally, making it easy wins every time, because they use it INTENTIONALLY.
  • Leeloo.S
    Leeloo.S
    ✭✭✭
    I was wondering : if people use meteor to create lag, why wouldn't they suffer from it ? How can they be sure they'll win thanks to this lag ?
    Anciennement Hori_Loo
  • Amiliana
    Amiliana
    ✭✭✭
    It is the receiving side that is affected by the animation of meteor. It have been like that ever since they inplented the "ground-shaking" effect to it. They do not suffer for casting it as they do not experience the "ground-shaking" effect of it, only targets does.
    Edited by Amiliana on June 6, 2015 11:54PM
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Console.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Leeloo.S
    Leeloo.S
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks @Amiliana
    Anciennement Hori_Loo
  • kkravaritieb17_ESO
    kkravaritieb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its not only meteors that cause the lag its the non ending spam of healing springs and caltrops as well. And the endless hordes that stack on each other and spam aoes.
    Edited by kkravaritieb17_ESO on June 7, 2015 7:37AM
    Member of the glorious Zerg Squad
    Rip Banana Squad

Lheneth -- Sorc PvP Rank 31
    Ellynna -- Templar PvP Rank 50 (No Bleaker's roleplaying involved)
    Smellynna -- Templar PvP Rank 28
    and many other chars

• Amiliana
    Amiliana
    ✭✭✭
    Its not only meteors that cause the lag its the non ending spam of healing springs and caltrops as well. And the endless hordes that stack on each other and spam aoes.

I have personally not experienced lag with Healings Springs, but I have heard about it and heard that some banners have same effect.

If this is the case, they should remove all the effects until they have found a solution for it to not cause such a lag on the mini-servers.

It is ridiculous that they have not already done something about it considering it have been around for so long and is abused daily to cause lag for your enemies - an extremly unfair advantage.
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Simple solution for this... @ZOS_GinaBruno, @ZOS_JessicaFolsom, @ZOS_PaulSage why not remove Ultimate abilities while in Cyrodil. If people are using this as a cheat, then they can learn to fight without it. If at some point @ZOS can resolve the lag issue that multiple meteor hits cause, then they can reinstate the Ultimate ability.
    NA Server - Kildair
  • Xael
    Xael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meteor is fine, stop whining.
    People use meteor not because of lag, rather because it is a good Ultimate.

You should rephrase your thread and ask ZOS to stop being half-assed about their game and do some updates.

It's a known fact that a zerg group will cause lag no matter the spell/ability as long as they do it in sync with each other. So please, stop this rhetoric about "meteor" being the sole cause for lag. Just an FYI, Blackwater Blade is a colossal circle jerk of noobs running around. Comparing it to a vet campaign where players actually build a group designed for a particular function with certain skillsets is erroneous.
    I got killed in pvp, nerf everything...
  • Adelade
    Adelade
    ✭✭

not sure what more needs to be shown. this was a small group and meteor was used to create latency.
    Edited by Adelade on June 11, 2015 12:46AM