The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

fastest way to level blacksmithing?

ozm8ey
ozm8ey
✭✭✭
What is the fastest way to level blacksmithing? When i create something it only moves by miler meters. is there a faster way?
  • mtwiggz
    mtwiggz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deconstructing high level items that were dropped, or created by other players, gives a good deal of XP. Even items of lower levels tend to give better XP than crafting your own items.
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    decon high level stuff
  • Cherryblossom
    Cherryblossom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go to Guild stores and buy up any items with inspiration bonus to them, higher level the better.
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ozm8ey wrote: »
    What is the fastest way to level blacksmithing? When i create something it only moves by miler meters. is there a faster way?

Fastest way is to decon high-level stuff crafted by others. If you have a high-level crafter alt and tons of green improvement mats, craft a load of VR14 green stuff and decon on the character you want to level.

A cheaper way is to keep playing any high-level alt and bank the blacksmithing drops to decon on the crafter.
  • DeathsMerc
    DeathsMerc
    Soul Shriven
    To power level smithing, clothing, and woodworking, I found best place is in Cold harbour in the Hallow City. Go to the market square, take everything you can from the vendors (its not stealing so its easy), then go to the crafting station in the middle and deconstruct everything!
  • Callous2208
    Callous2208
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    1. Save up some gold.
    2. Buy up all of the armor pieces with Intricate trait from the guild stores in a city. (Multiple guild stores and cities if you have the gold.)
    3. Decon said intricate items for insane inspiration boost.

I have had maxed smithing and enchanting for a while, but the other day got a wild hair and said, "let me go ahead and max clothing." Needless to say, 30k gold and a bunch of guild stores depleted of their intricate trait light and medium armors, and I was at 50 clothing. I was at 20 before I began this method.
  • qpviper1qp
    qpviper1qp
    ✭✭
    Steal and decon. I did that in the rift and maxed mine out in three days. Could have done it in two but it got tiring after a while. I didn't have a crafting buddy but that is definitely a great way as well.
  • qpviper1qp
    qpviper1qp
    ✭✭
    Fyi. Stolen items give you more xp than ones you can pick up for free. Quest items and other green or higher items still will but the free white ones don't do jack.
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    10 Meteors ;)
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
  • marco.cuevas.ventob14_ESO
    I know it may sound tedious but if you are in AD in can be done in eldenroot when you have a free weekend.

Steal all weapons in the first floor, head to second floor, steal all weapons in the mages guild, run into the fighters guild steal all steal weapons there, decon right there in the ANvil at the fighters guild. relog keep stealing in the fighters guild or go to mages guild steal there, rinse and repeat that's what I did...wasn't too bad
  • Madmel1987
    Are the weapons in the guild houses(magic/fight) onyl one time or can you repeat the ritual over and over again?
  • marco.cuevas.ventob14_ESO
    You can repeat by reloging over and over again until you hit 50 if you got the time