Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Redguard DK Heavy Armor DPS

Kerioko
Kerioko
✭✭✭✭
I recently acquired a few pieces of Sergeant's Mail, and the set intrigues me from a DK perspective.

According to the tooltip, Sergeants Mail gives:

(2) +Max Health
(3) +Health Recovery
(4) + Weapon Damage
(5)Increase heavy attack damage by 20%

If this set is used on a two-handed DK using Igneous Weapons and the 20% damage buff Wrecking Blow, Heavy attacks would hit for 180% of there normal value(100% normal damage + 40% igneous weapons + 20% empower buff + 20% Sergeants Mail)

Using 3 piece Shadow Walker jewelry (+ weapon damage and + max stamina) and 3 piece Ashen Grip (+health and + weapon damage) for 2 piece medium and weapons, it would be still possible to hit between 2-3K weapon damage.

I am wondering how the damage output might look for a wrecking blow + heavy attack clip rotation:

Has anyone tried this gear setup?
Is it sustainable in 5 -piece heavy armor (since every other attack is a full heavy attack that returns stam)?
How does it compare to any other class running melee stam with say 5 Ravager and 5 Hundings rage with around 4K weapon damage?

I currently don't have a v14 DK, but I have a v14 stam templar in full medium with over 3.5K weapon damage buffed and I can easily sustain 13-15K damage with the wrecking blow + heavy attack clip rotation!
Edited by Kerioko on May 11, 2015 6:27AM
Dinosaur Chicken Nuggets - Argonian mNB Tank/Heals (PVP)
Strawberry Semifreddo - Dunmer mSorc DPS // Sunny D-Light - Breton mTemp Heals
Peanut Butter Sandwich - Orc sDK DPS // Kellogg's Frosted Flakes - Argonian mWard Tank/Heals (PVE)
Cor-Leonis
friendship - integrity - perseverance
  • PKMN12
    PKMN12
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    heavy attacks are worthless, that bonus is garbage.
  • Kerioko
    Kerioko
    ✭✭✭✭
    Care to expand why you say heavy attacks are garbage!

I have had heavy attacks with bow and two-handed both hit well over 10K, and heavy attacks from destro staff hitting from 8-12K...Those numbers are not even with the above mentioned bonuses. I have also seen some DK's with a fire staff crit hit for around 20K heavy attacks.

Therefore I would not call heavy attacks garbage. Especially with the ability to clip a full heavy from two-handed in under .5 seconds, this allows me to do a wrecking blow + heavy attack in 1.3-1.5 seconds with each hit doing about 12K crit damage. Add in the regen from heavy attacks, this is an easy sustain rotation with almost nothing invested in stam regen (aside being werewolf) that adds a cosistant 10K+ dps. This makes up the bulk of my 15K rotation!
    Dinosaur Chicken Nuggets - Argonian mNB Tank/Heals (PVP)
    Strawberry Semifreddo - Dunmer mSorc DPS // Sunny D-Light - Breton mTemp Heals
    Peanut Butter Sandwich - Orc sDK DPS // Kellogg's Frosted Flakes - Argonian mWard Tank/Heals (PVE)
    Cor-Leonis
    friendship - integrity - perseverance
  • Epsilon_Echo
    Epsilon_Echo
    ✭✭✭✭
    The build works. With minor tuning you can run over 13k dps in PvE and hit hard in PvP. I hit a guy for 24k in cyrodiil today. The build has its downsides but you'll have the novelty of running a unique built in a sea of copy/paste stam builds.
    Edited by Epsilon_Echo on May 12, 2015 12:46AM