The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Suggestion: Dying shields/weapons

DaoDib
DaoDib
Soul Shriven
I may be weird, but it annoys me, I cannot dye my shield, so it fits to my armor.
I'm not saying you should be able to dye everything you find, but I would like option to dye shields and weapons that I create.
  • MisterJimothy
    MisterJimothy
    ✭✭✭
    I can't quite remember, and I may even be making this up, but I want to say I remember them talking about this why dyeing first came out. I think it was determined that it wasn't likely going to happen with weapons but might happen with shields sometime down the road? Something to do with "technical reasons."

Again, I may be making it up, but I think that's where it stands
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Did you search before creating this thread? Your answer lies there. This is one of those topics that pops up again and again. I'll restrain my dead horse gif, but don't be surprised if a few pop up. ZO$ does what the hell ZO$ wants to do, regardless of any leading statements they might make about changes to the game. What wouldn't surprise me is a Crown operated dye station in the CrownStore that lets you pay to dye your shield and weapon.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Trollwut
    Trollwut
    ✭✭✭
    DaoDib wrote: »
    I may be weird, but it annoys me, I cannot dye my shield, so it fits to my armor.
    I'm not saying you should be able to dye everything you find, but I would like option to dye shields and weapons that I create.

You're the first guy ever that has this idea.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    We do plan on implementing shield dyeing in the future. :)
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Romo
    Romo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Simply NO to dyed weapons.
  • Drazhar14
    Drazhar14
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How about dyeing our v14 purple swords to be normal colored?
  • KanedaSyndrome
    KanedaSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭
    Beating the horse, but I agree! :)
    KanedaSyndrome's Suggestions For Game Improvements
    The Fortuitous Collapse of the Wave Equation
    The Best Plans Require No Action
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Good, we don't need flaming pink swords running around all over the place.....
    NA Server - Kildair
  • Daemons_Bane
    Daemons_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You know what I would like? The ability to add colored patterns to our armor..
  • Trollwut
    Trollwut
    ✭✭✭
    Romo wrote: »
    Simply NO to dyed weapons.

Why not? The game is colorful enough so this won't break dress codes.

And if this will come with weapon naming, I finally can slay my nemesis with the Fluffy Bunny Hopper.
  • ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drazhar14 wrote: »

How about dyeing our v14 purple swords to be normal colored?

If they don't allow straight up dying, they should all blacksmiths to select the tint of the weapon upon creation (and you could only have access to the tints that are at and below your current crafting capability). Hell, they could even add another crafting ingredient to the game that would be for this specific purpose; to craft it in any tint except the level-dictated base on, you'd need to find the tint you wanted (that fit within your crafting skill level of course).
    Edited by ThatNeonZebraAgain on May 18, 2015 3:18PM
    Gore-of-the-Forest Argonian Nightblade
    Wode Earthrender Breton Dragonknight
    Ceol the Last Baron Redguard Dragonknight
    Wayra High Elf Sorceress
    Erebain Salothran Dark Elf Templar
    Rituals-of-the-Forest Argonian Warden
  • Athas24
    Athas24
    ✭✭✭✭

YEAAAHH!! This is great news!
    ...OverTwerked & Underpaid.
    Rajaat04 in game @Athas24 on forums
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Robbmrp wrote: »

Good, we don't need flaming pink swords running around all over the place.....

and grumpy old men all over the forums
    ;)