The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Healing PUGs (Templar, looking for a guide)

ZioGio
ZioGio
✭✭✭
I'm looking for a current Templar healing guide, preferably one that deals with low-- and mid-level healing and not just end-game.

In almost every MMO in the last 15 years I've played a healer so I'm not new to the concept, but I still haven't dipped my toe into the water by healing a PUG in ESO because I'm still not sure when to use what and I'm looking for some guidance because I'd like to start healing dungeons.

My main is a level 23 Templar. Primary bar is Aedric Spear/Dawn's Wrath abilities with staff, secondary bar is Restoring Light abilities with staff.

For healing I have Breath of Life, Ritual of Rebirth, Restoring Aura, and one of the morphs for Rite of Passage (I'm not logged into the game right now so I can't remember which morph). Honestly, the only two that I ever use on myself or during an anchor event are Breath of Life and Rite of Passage.

I mostly adventure solo so I haven't put any points into light armor or restoration (or destruction) staves yet because every quest completion can change what I use and wear and, as I level, I spend those points to improve other abilities (I'm also a craftsman).

Any assistance finding a current Templar healing guide is greatly appreciated!
PC NA
  • DschiPeunt
    DschiPeunt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Spam Healing Springs from restoration staff. Boom. Awesome healing.
    Server: EU AD || Guilds: EquinoX

Telleno || Dro-M'Athra Destroyer || Magicka DK || My YouTube-Channel || Profile on ESO-Database

World 1st vMoL Hardmode
    World 1st vHRC Hardmode (SotH)
    World 1st vAA Hardmode (SotH)
    World 1st vSO Hardmode (Dark Brotherhood)
  • Sestar
    Sestar
    ✭✭
    Hi,

for group healing you should really get the restoration staff. The abilities from restoration staff are more efficient with heal for magicka. The abilities from the Templar are different: Breath of Life is for Oh-***; the Templar heal with a cast time is not convenient to use.

A heavy hit (hold mouse and wait for executtion) with a magicka based weapon restores magicka!
    A heavy hit (hold mouse and wait for executtion) with a stamina based weapon restores stamina!

I use...
    bar 1: combat / any weapon
    Aura (templar); 4x other stuff

bar 2: healing = restoration staff
    other; Cleanse (templar); Breath of Life (templar); Illustroius Healing (resto staff); Rapid Regeneration (resto staff).

Cleanse leaves an area with improved healing and a slow heal over time. The zone is created with you in the center, then stays.

The Illustrous Healing (or healing springs, both Morphs have its use) is an AOE that can be targetted from distance (there are 2 ways to place the spell: a) mouse over target area, then use the hotkey 2x to place on spot; b) use hotkey, and target with mouse).

So basically you place the 2 circles (Cleanse + Illustrous), then set the heal over time with Regeneration (or Mutagen morph). Then do some heavy attacks with the Restoration staff to top your magicka.

Most of the time that is all the healing that is required.

You can switch weapons, place the Aura, nuke some stuff with you agressive abilities.

Cheers,
    Sestar
  • ZioGio
    ZioGio
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you, both. Very insightful. I'll be sure to try those skills out.
    PC NA
  • Warraxx
    Warraxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't heal allies that are trying to stealth...
  • ZioGio
    ZioGio
    ✭✭✭
    Warraxx wrote: »

That's something I didn't think about. With AoE and plus-two healing abilities, which a lot of the Templar/Restoration Staff heals appear to be, how do you avoid that?
    PC NA
  • TheSunAlsoRises
    TheSunAlsoRises
    ✭✭✭
    Sestar wrote: »
    Hi,

A heavy hit (hold mouse and wait for executtion) with a magicka based weapon restores magicka!
    A heavy hit (hold mouse and wait for executtion) with a stamina based weapon restores stamina!

full heavy resto used to be the only one that restored magicka back during beta/release. so now even full heavy destro restores magicka?
    No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe
  • Warraxx
    Warraxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZioGio wrote: »

That's something I didn't think about. With AoE and plus-two healing abilities, which a lot of the Templar/Restoration Staff heals appear to be, how do you avoid that?

don't pug heal near organized groups that are trying to stealth... seems easy to understand.
  • ZioGio
    ZioGio
    ✭✭✭
    ZioGio wrote: »

don't pug heal near organized groups that are trying to stealth... seems easy to understand.

If they are so organized then they shouldn't be trying to stealth so close to a healer... :-P
    PC NA
  • Trollwut
    Trollwut
    ✭✭✭
    Healing Pug.

full.jpg