The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
The connection issues for the North American megaservers have been resolved at this time. If you continue to experience difficulties at login, please restart your client. Thank you for your patience!

Idea For a Possible Underwater Expansion

ArgonianWolf150
ArgonianWolf150
Soul Shriven
I wanted to create this thread to share my idea on the possible underwater expansion. Since the ESOTU team is considering opening underwater zones, why don't they follow the lore, and open up Pyandonea? One of my points of reason for this is the Maormer, the Sea-related race of "Fish Elves". The Maormer once lived as one centralized group of early-elves with the Elven races of Tamriel, until A group of Elves held a rebellion, and after failing, were sent to future Pyandonea. Later, during the fall of Aldmeris, the remaining Elves fled to modern Tamriel. I did a bit a research, and none of the dates seem to contradict. ESO is set during the alliance war of 2E. The Maormer people were known to have tried to raid Summerset almost annually, but always failed. Sometime in late 2E, the Maormer allied with the second Dominion. After short period of time, the Maormer decided that they still wanted control of Summerset. They sent their biggest fleet, and it was once again vanquished during "The Battle of The Isle" in early 2E. After the fleet was vanquished, Tamriel lost all contact with Pyandonea. ESO is set in mid-2E, so it would be before the loss of Pyandonea.

Now, let me tell you about the characteristics of the Maormer, based on lore: The Maormer are a race led by King Orgnum, who supposedly has eternal life. He was once a wealthy man who lived on Aldmeris, until he started the rebellion against the Elven powers. Maormer are said to have blank eyes, and pale Chameleon Like skin that can adapt to any color. A few lore books claim that the Maormer have control of the forces of the sea, and command command the flora and fauna of the ocean of the water to trap and destroy enemy ships.

I personally think that an expansion this would be great. Because of the Maormer relation to the sea, it can unlock the surrounding areas of water that the Maormer control. Another underwater zone could be the sunken Redguard homeland of Yokuda.

P.S.
I know that there is already a slight appearance of Maormer in ESO, and you may already know some of this, but I think it would be great if they opened the homeland of the Maormer. The smaller continent could either be neutral in the war, kind of like Betnikh, or hostile to all players.

Thank you for listening to my ideas! please leave any comments below.

This is a rough idea!
Edited by ArgonianWolf150 on May 9, 2015 4:06PM
  • ArgonianWolf150
    ArgonianWolf150
    Soul Shriven
    Excuse my spelling of lore-related words.
    Options
  • wraith808
    wraith808
    ✭✭✭✭
    They are *not* considering underwater expansion. It was a segment on hypotheticals, and was clearly stated that it was not on the plate.

Let's not spread these kinds of misconceptions and ruin having the segment, please...
    Quasim ibn-Muhammad - VR 12 Redguard Dragon Knight
    Taladriel Vanima - VR 5 Altmer Nightblade
    Ambalyo iyo Bogaadin - VR 1 Redguard Sorceror
    Options
  • ArgonianWolf150
    ArgonianWolf150
    Soul Shriven
    wraith808 wrote: »
    They are *not* considering underwater expansion. It was a segment on hypotheticals, and was clearly stated that it was not on the plate.

Let's not spread these kinds of misconceptions and ruin having the segment, please...

Oh, I'm sorry.... Did you not catch the words "Possible" and "Idea"?

Just because something is hypothetical, doesn't mean it can't come in the Far Future

They practically said that themselves, in the first couple sentences.

You can't predict the future...... No one can(except the Prophet).
    Edited by ArgonianWolf150 on May 9, 2015 12:28AM
    Options
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That segment had a purpose so that the community could comprehend the time and thought process of creating new content. This was a hypothetical situation and no real content being developed
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
    Options
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    While it is hypothetical I must say I've always been intrigued by the Maormer, and was excited to see them in ESO. I just wish they could reveal more mysteries about them.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
    Options
  • wraith808
    wraith808
    ✭✭✭✭
    wraith808 wrote: »

Oh, I'm sorry.... Did you not catch the words "Possible" and "Idea"?

Just because something is hypothetical, doesn't mean it can't come in the Far Future

They practically said that themselves, in the first couple sentences.

You can't predict the future...... No one can(except the Prophet).

Since the ESOTU team is considering opening underwater zones,

Sorry, your words are a bit more telling than your snark.
    Quasim ibn-Muhammad - VR 12 Redguard Dragon Knight
    Taladriel Vanima - VR 5 Altmer Nightblade
    Ambalyo iyo Bogaadin - VR 1 Redguard Sorceror
    Options
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mentioned something about Pyandonea in my thread about the expansions WAAAAY in the future.
    Gidorick wrote: »
    Tides of Pyandonea: A boxed expansion that introduces deep-sea gameplay to ESO. Player/Guild ships, ship to ship combat, and the island nation of Pyandonea could provide an additional year or so of content. Pyandonea, a continent south-east of Tamriel, could be released over 2 or 3 zone releases and could include the release of the additional Maormer race (sea elves).
    Pyandonea.jpg

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/149340/hopefully-someday-we-will-travel-all-of-nirn/p1
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
    Options
  • Argoniawind
    Argoniawind
    ✭✭✭
    Underwater exploration and combat need to be brought back into the ES games again.... devs lets get to work and please us the ES fans...... It may take a while but it will be worth the wait!
    "Live Another Life In Another World"
    Options
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Underwater stuff is not on the radar. Yet.

But... it might come, someday. Not this year, probably not next year either, but... maybe someday.

It would make an interesting option for a DLC... maormer as new race... island maps... underwater zones... ship sailing...

At this point, there are dozends of things more important for the developers to give us, but... someday, it -would- certainly be cool!
    Options
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Underwater stuff is not on the radar. Yet.

But... it might come, someday. Not this year, probably not next year either, but... maybe someday.

It would make an interesting option for a DLC... maormer as new race... island maps... underwater zones... ship sailing...

At this point, there are dozends of things more important for the developers to give us, but... someday, it -would- certainly be cool!

Honestly, I can't wait for Console to be released and for the devs to be able to get back to making the game. This interregnum we are in is frustrating for us players but I bet it's maddening for the developers.
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
    Options
  • Audigy
    Audigy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Underwater exploration and combat need to be brought back into the ES games again.... devs lets get to work and please us the ES fans...... It may take a while but it will be worth the wait!

I hate underwater stuff and I don't recall any ES game that had this. A chest hidden under a waterfall or diving through a hole to get into a cave, OK. But a whole DLC?
    I know it from WOW with Cataclysm where they had a full underwater world or Mario, but oh boy, that was such a nuisance to move the hero through that. Its a 4 dimensional setting and I just dislike it, you must go up and down all the time, bah so annoying :(
    Its the same with air combat, its just so weird.
    Options
  • EQBallzz
    EQBallzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread is a perfect illustration of the poor communication coming from ZOS. Instead of adding segments about actual content they have coming out they add some long and drawn out segment to ESO Live to essentially explain why they won't be adding the often requested underwater exploration areas but do it in such a way that people now think there is an underwater expansion coming. Brilliant. Maybe they think if they keep doing this it will generate a bunch of positive hype about awesome future content (that isn't actually coming) that people will buy the game or stick around out of confusion?
    Options
  • ArgonianWolf150
    ArgonianWolf150
    Soul Shriven
    EQBallzz wrote: »
    This thread is a perfect illustration of the poor communication coming from ZOS. Instead of adding segments about actual content they have coming out they add some long and drawn out segment to ESO Live to essentially explain why they won't be adding the often requested underwater exploration areas but do it in such a way that people now think there is an underwater expansion coming. Brilliant. Maybe they think if they keep doing this it will generate a bunch of positive hype about awesome future content (that isn't actually coming) that people will buy the game or stick around out of confusion?

Ok..... again; It's an idea for the Far future based on the hypothetical discussion during yesterday's live stream. I know this may never come; it's an idea.

I'm not stupid, I understand the concept.
    Options
  • Argoniawind
    Argoniawind
    ✭✭✭
    Audigy wrote: »

I hate underwater stuff and I don't recall any ES game that had this. A chest hidden under a waterfall or diving through a hole to get into a cave, OK. But a whole DLC?
    I know it from WOW with Cataclysm where they had a full underwater world or Mario, but oh boy, that was such a nuisance to move the hero through that. Its a 4 dimensional setting and I just dislike it, you must go up and down all the time, bah so annoying :(

I take it you haven't played Morrowind and Oblivion cus both have underwater combat and exploration...
    Options
  • ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Agreed. Don't forget Trials of Atlantis expansion to DAoC... Aside from the insane (bad) quests, there were some cool places in it, but it was just so cheesy and unnatural.

Edited by ThatNeonZebraAgain on May 9, 2015 2:25PM
    Gore-of-the-Forest Argonian Nightblade
    Wode Earthrender Breton Dragonknight
    Ceol the Last Baron Redguard Dragonknight
    Wayra High Elf Sorceress
    Erebain Salothran Dark Elf Templar
    Rituals-of-the-Forest Argonian Warden
    Options
  • Artheiron
    Artheiron
    ✭✭✭
    I'm glad that devs finally talked about the underwater content and shared their vision.

When you give players realistic choices like diving in water, interact with objects or move them, other ways to explore like climbing a rope or building a ladder (with proper animation!)... imo these things would make players feel like they are in another world.

Mini games like I don't know? maybe snowball fight?, arm wrestling?, maybe a mini mortal kombat simulation that only lets you kick block and punch so you can beat your friend for no reason (someone please steal this idea and suggest it), gw2's Mad King's Clock Tower was one of the best mini game ever made and players still talk how fun it was.

Please, make this game one compelete beast. As an Elder Scrolls fan, I'm ready to pay for whatever the mount you sell at crown store and even subscribe the game again.

Options
  • Naivefanboi
    Naivefanboi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Id love to see small scale underwater swimming/exploration but no!combat. and areas stranded off in the ocean could add alot of atmosphere to pve content.
    Options
  • Artheiron
    Artheiron
    ✭✭✭

Dude... TESII Daggerfall (1996) had it. Morrowind, Oblivion... SKYRIM has it.
    Options
  • qsnoopyjr
    qsnoopyjr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Highly doubt they'd do an underwater expansion.
    First of all, none of the other Elder Scrolls games had underwater fighting, so they cant copy code over.
    Secondly, even if they tried to code underwater fighting... You look at a game like GW2 which is pretty good at everything...
    GW2 stopped working on underwater fighting due to the complexity of the coding for it.

GW2 underwater fighting is actually pretty good too. But all there developers just gave up on it, requires way too many man hours and they can be making a lot more useful stuff with that time spent in other areas. Like Living Story which they do a fantastic job on.

So, since this game has no previous coding on underwater, AND a rival game GW2, stopped working on it due to complexity...
    You really think TESO developers are going to start putting there man hours into underwater fighting?

Never played WoW, but in EQ it was awful, EQ2 a little bit better... GW2 its actually good, I think they gave up on balancing. They gave up I think due to there downed system and they couldn't figure out how to make some classes less op.

But if pretty much every other MMO abandoned there underwater fighting, I'm pretty sure TESO isn't even going to look in that direction to do something like that.

"Everyone else did bad or gave up.. Should we give it a try?"
    "Uhhhh, soooo much work! Lets just keep the nonvisible cannot tell if slaughterfish in water and make water seem like its very bad in this game."

LMAO, they should just turn the water in Cyrodil to lava, because seriously if I just even touch the water I start losing HP? I come from a game, GW2 where water is OK, its great for hiding from the enemy and sneak attacks, to.... You even go in the water for 10 seconds prepare to get annihilated by nothing!

Actually I do remember underwater fighting in Morrowind.
    Pretty scary too, and I remember enjoying it because battle music comes on and cant see anything (so feels like Jaws), than some Dreugh attacks me. Morrowind was such a great game, actually was scary compared to oblivion and skyrim.

If you do implement underwater fighting, make visiblitiy very low. Only argonians should have really good visibility.

Just like how I think khajit should have good sight for things on land, like harvesting nodes... ALSO detecting people going into stealth... Because they can smell the harvesting nodes and SMELL the enemy players.
    Edited by qsnoopyjr on May 9, 2015 3:27PM
    Options
  • Argoniawind
    Argoniawind
    ✭✭✭
    qsnoopyjr wrote: »
    First of all, none of the other Elder Scrolls games had underwater fighting, so they cant copy code over.

So, since this game has no previous coding on underwater,
    You really think TESO developers are going to start putting there man hours into underwater fighting?
    I guess you never played Morrowind or Oblivion cus they both had underwater combat.. omg SMH Your an mmo player that makes false statements cus you know nothing about the Elder Scrolls games...

Edited by Argoniawind on May 9, 2015 3:24PM
    Options
  • LtCrunch
    LtCrunch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    qsnoopyjr wrote: »

Way to out yourself as a Skyrim baby. TES II, TES III and TES IV all had underwater combat. It was terrible and clunky and almost completely pointless, but it was there. I don't want to see the devs put any effort into something so trivial that takes so much work until they've got nothing else to add to the game as far as zones go.
    NerdSauce Gaming
    Laughs-At-Wounds - Sap tanking since 03/30/14
    ßrandalf - Light armor tanking since 03/03/15
    Brandalf Beer-Belly - Tanking drunk since 12/30/16

Options
  • Artheiron
    Artheiron
    ✭✭✭
    that won't happen. they confirmed that they can't do it. sorry.
    Options