Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can't get to login screen - ESO can't find problem

Kerberos3
Kerberos3
Soul Shriven
After selecting Play from the ESO launcher the game appears to start, going through the first 2 splash screens but then goes blank and never gets to the login screen. I have tried Repair and uninstall/re-install but that does not fix the problem. I have checked for viruses and malware. Windows firewall and Defender are off. I have changed and adjusted router setting. I have opened ports. I have started Windows with Selective startup and disabled all services. Nothing I have tried seems to work. I submitted a ticket to ESO but so far they can't find the problem either. The Game Consultant reports ping issues with launcher.bethesda.net. I can't ping it either. Something seems to be blocking launcher.bethesda.net but I and ESO can't figure it out. So short of a system re-build, I thought I would ask those in the forum if anyone has had this issue and found a solution. Thanks in advance.
  • Turgenev
    Turgenev
    ✭✭✭
    Oddly, I'm having a similar issue, but not at the Launcher. I can get to the login screen, and get to my toons. Selecting any one of them takes me to the zone loading screen, and then ESO crashes out.

Just started debugging, but figured it was worth mentioning. Anyone else having issues?
    Turgenev || PS | COH | STO | TSW | ESOProud Member of IRON Phoenix
    "Remember. You chose this death." - Lucifer
  • kodo
    kodo
    ✭✭
    format the pc.what OS?
  • Kerberos3
    Kerberos3
    Soul Shriven
    Problem solved. It was a corrupted user settings file. Thanks ESO for the help.
  • Kerberos3
    Kerberos3
    Soul Shriven
    Well problem not solved after all. When I copy the user setting that ESO sent me into 'UserSettings.txt' file I can start ESO and play just fine. But after quitting the game I can not log back in unless I recopy the user settings back to 'UserSettings.txt' . Based on that it appears that something is corrupting the 'UserSettings.txt' file each time I quit. Has anyone else experienced this?