The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

No difference in strength (potency) from a level 7 potency to level 8

neueregel
neueregel
✭✭✭
I was just creating a new suit for my level V8 DK and I put on the enchantments I made (purple) and was comparing them to the armor that had lower level potency enchantments on them (level 6 armor). They are the exact same stats. Both add 520 stamina for instance. One is a level 6 piece of armor using a level 7 potency (Derado) for level 5-7 armor. Since this new armor is level v8, I have to use level 8 potency to add the enchantment to the armor using Rekura. There is no difference in strength in either glyph. The only thing different is the names, grand verses splendid, and the level of items you can apply it to... if you are advancing a glyph to higher level potency glyph, the enchantment strength (potency) should be higher, duh!
Edited by neueregel on May 7, 2015 4:42AM
Are you not entertained?
On my command, unleash hell!
What we do in life echoes in eternity
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Known Issue, see the following and the threads linked in it

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/1785688/
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• neueregel
    neueregel
    ✭✭✭
    OK thanks. I wasn't aware it was known. I asked in guild chats and no one said it was a known issue.
    Are you not entertained?
  • Valymer
    Valymer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    neueregel wrote: »
    OK thanks. I wasn't aware it was known. I asked in guild chats and no one said it was a known issue.

Most people have no idea how broken things really are. If they did they might run for the hills :)
  • neueregel
    neueregel
    ✭✭✭
    So they fixed some of the enchanting issues with jewelry today, but not the potency issues with the rest of the Glyphs?
    Are you not entertained?
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    neueregel wrote: »
    So they fixed some of the enchanting issues with jewelry today, but not the potency issues with the rest of the Glyphs?

Yeah, I saw that too. Was kinda excited when reading the intro where they mentioned Enchanting in their list of improvements, but when I got down to that section, I was very disappointed. It looks like what they fixed was a bug that was inadvertently giving a benefit to players.

However, they can't seem to get around to fixing issues that are a detriment to players. Seriously, why do I have to put several additional points into the potency passive and find new potency runes to make a glyph for my V7 gear when that glyph is no better than a V1 glyph? I wish they would fix this already!