Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Coin store mounts - Does this rest your " feed the horse upgrades "

Rynier
Rynier
As the title says. If I buy a mount from the Crown store . Will this reset the upgrades I have done so far or just be a skin for my horse on my character?
  • MorHawk
    MorHawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope, your riding stats are connected to your character, not your mount, so will be consistent whichever appearance you select for your mount.
    Observant wrote: »
    I can count to potato.
    another topic that cant see past its own farts.
    WWJLHD?
  • Rynier
    Rynier
    Thank you kind sir.

Mod you may remove this thread .
  • Fleshreaper
    Fleshreaper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rynier wrote: »
    Thank you kind sir.

Someone else may have the same question.
  • retyler3_ESO
    retyler3_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    So what about the mounts that are bought from a vendor for around 42K gold, and start with a value of 25? How does that work? Would the 25 points be added to my current score if I choose to ride that horse? Because I thought the values were tied to the horse, and not the character.
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    So what about the mounts that are bought from a vendor for around 42K gold, and start with a value of 25? How does that work? Would the 25 points be added to my current score if I choose to ride that horse? Because I thought the values were tied to the horse, and not the character.

With update 1.6, the system changed. All mounts (crownstore and from the vendor) are all statsless. The stats have to be bought per character at the stableguy and are attached to your caharcter (and independend of the actual mount, you choose).

So the expensive horses are just as good as the cheaper ones, you only pay for the better looks.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • Madness1
    Madness1
    ✭✭✭
    Well that's a shame, I'd hope that the crown store varieties had a little boost of some kind considering you're paying actual money for them. Even if they had the ability to raise the stats higher I'd be happy but to know moneys been wasted is just disappointing.

Mounts should have statistics and some mounts should be better than others and it should factor more into vendor based and not so much on horse. For example a horse from Skyrim may have better stamina than a horse from Hammerfell, but the Hammerfell ones would be faster. Maybe then a horse transfer system between characters with a timer to signify how long the horse will take to get to your other characters, maybe even a crown store speed boost could be implemented to make the transfer complete instantly.
    What is the color of night?
    What is the color of the fox?
    Hail Sithis.
  • retyler3_ESO
    retyler3_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    So what is the max number of points you can distribute, and what is the max each stat can have?
  • Rivan12
    Rivan12
    ✭✭✭
    So what is the max number of points you can distribute, and what is the max each stat can have?

Max stats are 60 in Speed, 60 Stamina and 60 Carry Capacity.

180 feedings/days total to max out the riding skill (feedings actually have 20hour timer, STILL 180 days)
    "Pssst, I know who you are... Hail Sithis"
  • retyler3_ESO
    retyler3_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, so you can max out each skill now. Nice. Thank you for the replies.

Well my questions have now been answered so in the spirit of this thread.
    Rynier wrote: »
    B)
    Edited by retyler3_ESO on May 7, 2015 6:52AM
  • MorHawk
    MorHawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rivan12 wrote: »

Max stats are 60 in Speed, 60 Stamina and 60 Carry Capacity.

180 feedings/days total to max out the riding skill (feedings actually have 20hour timer, STILL 180 days)

Yeah, for the record if you were poised and ready at the very second it ticked over every time, you could cut it down to 150 days, shaving 17% off your time, but that would require a schedule of, for example, 10am one day, then 6am the next, 2am the next etc.
    Observant wrote: »
    I can count to potato.
    another topic that cant see past its own farts.
    WWJLHD?