Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Continuing Patcherror for update

Dwermer
Dwermer
Hi
Is anyone else having issues with a notice that update has failed. I have followed the fixes for remedying this,...up to, but not including the uninstall/reinstalling the game client

I am about to do the final option to fix...does it mean I uniinstall via the windows uninstall, then reinstall the game from my account page ie Imperial option in my case or something else?
Thanks for any feedback
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just close and re-open the launcher, the problem will go away. Note, sometimes you have to do this a couple of times.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Dwermer
    Dwermer
    hi nestor
    it seems to come back...does it actually mean that the game has not updated properly or is it just a bug that says it hasen't?
    thanks
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dwermer wrote: »
    hi nestor
    it seems to come back...does it actually mean that the game has not updated properly or is it just a bug that says it hasen't?
    thanks

Can you launch the eso.exe (either from the launcher or directly from your file explorer)? If so, is the game working properly for you. If so then the patcherror is a bug and you can stop troubleshooting (just ignore the launcher and make a shortcut directly to eso.exe). If you got issues getting in or playing, then it is likely the update went wrong and you should continue troubleshooting.

Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hi nestor
    thanks

I have, rarely, had it come back a few times. However, once I get the Play on the Launcher I go from there. It takes way less time to open and close the launcher a few times than it does to go through the Repair scan. The only time I have any concern is on patch days. No patching, ignore the launcher error messages, just make them go away.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Dwermer
    Dwermer
    I made a launcher from the explorer folder, but it is still coming up with error...think i will just ignore it

is there a way to see the latest patch info somewhere and what is latest one?

thanks
  • Cry_Wolfe
    Cry_Wolfe
    ✭✭✭
    I made a launcher from the explorer folder, but it is still coming up with error...think i will just ignore it

thanks

inside the zenimax folder is the launcher folder and the Elder Scrolls Online folder.

look inside the Online folder for the ESO application, right click and select the options for making a shortcut of it.

• Dwermer
    Dwermer
    Cry_Wolfe wrote: »

thanks

inside the zenimax folder is the launcher folder and the Elder Scrolls Online folder.

look inside the Online folder for the ESO application, right click and select the options for making a shortcut of it.

Hi
    tyvm for that helpful info....just need a clarification though...will it still update itself, as I see this shortcut, bypasses the initial eso screen for game options?
    thanks