The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Nirn Trait

• helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ourorboros wrote: »
    helediron wrote: »
    helediron wrote: »
    This is my understanding of nirnhoned sources after farming more than hundred.

- welwas. None after harvesting thousands.

ONE after harvestings thousands.
    I'm 100% sure, I even checked twice to make sure it came from the welvas i had just killed.

Not that it makes a noticeable difference : you don't efficiently farm nirncrux by killing mobs ! But still, it happens. Makes sense though : you can craft nirnhoned leather, so it's only logical that the stone drops from these mats too.

Ok, welwas move to reality zone in my list. I was cautious making the non-existence list, because of RNG. Thank you! It seems that nirncrux is in trait items loottable with very low probability. It kind of matches the few drops from heavy sacks, which drop trait items too.

If this is true, I fear for the extinction of welwas. :#
    Hur hur hur, The Silence of the Welwas...
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • Surfinginhawaii
    Surfinginhawaii
    ✭✭✭
    I tried farming nirncrux for the first time today and was able to get two for two hours of farming. I guess I was very lucky.